Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    Its weird how the car feels lighter. Did anyone else feel the car handled differently after the sunroof to CF roof swap? I can see that the height needs adjusting again as it looks like the cars sitting slightly higher now.
    It's because of where the weight was taken from. Up high like that will make a difference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    Its weird how the car feels lighter. Did anyone else feel the car handled differently after the sunroof to CF roof swap? I can see that the height needs adjusting again as it looks like the cars sitting slightly higher now.
    Yes. The car felt more athletic at turn-in. Corner balance data confirmed the suspicions.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's because of where the weight was taken from. Up high like that will make a difference.
    Yeah true.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    Yes. The car felt more athletic at turn-in. Corner balance data confirmed the suspicions.
    Cool, I'm going to readjust the height and then make an appointment to have the car corner balanced and aligned again by the same guy.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Congrats on taking your M3 to another level!

Love the pics and can't wait to see it completed!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hifiguy@gaphix Click here to enlarge
    Congrats on taking your M3 to another level!

Love the pics and can't wait to see it completed!
    Thanks, its completed already Click here to enlarge pics coming in a few days. Just too hot right now to do a photo shoot.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Got VADER back today from LLUMAR. Amazing job with the clear film on the roof. Cant even notice it, not even up close. I know many of you said to remote the sharkfin but I kind of like it up there plus its too much hassle....

Pics from today....

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Also, I feel the car needs to be lowered a tiny bit up front. I'll try and do that this week.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    It is gorgeous!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rodzilla Click here to enlarge
    It is gorgeous!
    Thank you.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rodzilla Click here to enlarge
    It is gorgeous!
    Agreed. Looks damn good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Agreed. Looks damn good.
    Thanks Bro.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Thanks to my good mate over in the UK for hooking me up with a non sunroof headliner for a hilariously cheap price.

Click here to enlarge

Should be here in a week or two. I'll update with more pics when i pull out the sunroof headliner, etc....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sweet deal, is your interior also CSL'd?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hifiguy@gaphix Click here to enlarge
    Sweet deal, is your interior also CSL'd?
    Thanks bro, yes full oem CSL interior.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Thanks to my good mate once again for hooking me up with a non sunroof headliner for the price of a Pint o Lager.

All packed up...
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Confirmed Cut out in the back for the OEM BT Mic.
    Click here to enlarge

Ordered a new 3rd Brake light as the current one works but all the rubber is falling off due to heat exposure over the last 9 years. Ordered all new clips etc to install headliner and am very close to ordering some Alcantara too Click here to enlarge

Pics to come as soon as it gets here in 8-10 days and install. Will be taking more pics of the underside of the OEM CSL roof when the older headliner is off.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Nice!

I kept my original sunroof-headliner because a new OEM headliner costs like 500 EUR Click here to enlarge

Wrapped with Alcantara would be tits!
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Nice!

I kept my original sunroof-headliner because a new OEM headliner costs like 500 EUR Click here to enlarge

Wrapped with Alcantara would be tits!
    Dude Have you looked on ebay? They go for like 80-100 euro only!!!!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

One of the very best looking M3's I have seen A+
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    One of the very best looking M3's I have seen A+
    Thank you Sir
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Dude Have you looked on ebay? They go for like 80-100 euro only!!!!
    Really? I don't check all the time, but at the moment where the roof was installed, I couldn't find any.

Need to look into this then!
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Really? I don't check all the time, but at the moment where the roof was installed, I couldn't find any.

Need to look into this then!
    They're were plenty there a day ago. eBay.de
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

The OEM Non Sunroof headliner arrived and the parts to install the BT mic etc all arrived so we set about removing the old sunroof headliner which was falling apart after 10 years.

Removing the Sunroof Headliner begins....
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

OEM CSL Seat removed to make it easy to remove the old headliner and installed the new non sunroof headliner....
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Leo looking on....
    Click here to enlarge

Some shots with the old sunroof headliner removed. That is the sound deadening for the OEM CSL roof...
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Brand new third break light....
    Click here to enlarge

Used Mint Non Sunroof Headliner, thanks to member Im-Somebody, Bargain $300 delivered to Bahrain from the UK.....
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

OEM BT mic grill and brackets....
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Cutout for the above already outlined in the headliner....
    Click here to enlarge

Allan Cutting it out and installing the bracket, grill and BT mic. I moved the mic closer the the driver side....
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

The Used roof came with the alarm motion sensor so it'll be easier to install an OEM alarm in the future. There was no wiring for it in my car though...

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Old sunroof headliner....
    Click here to enlarge

Installing the Non Sunroof Panel in the car....
    Click here to enlarge

New Third Brake light cover...
    Click here to enlarge

New Headliner Installed....
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Thanks Gerald....
    Click here to enlarge

Thanks Jonathan....
    Click here to enlarge

Thanks to Allan and Leo as well. Click here to enlarge

One issue we faced was the rear coat hooks wouldnt go back in. When I looked at the ETK it shows a different parts number for the coat hook brackets for non sunroof cars. So i have ordered PN's 51168223047 & 51168223048.

More installed pics to come tomorrow.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

The seats are so damn nice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

The seats are so damn nice.
    Thanks Bro
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Great documentation as always, I think the interior is now my favorite part of your car!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast