Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 121
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    994
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Someone posted a side by side of the rear and the M4 doesn't look any wider than the 435. I will be pissed if it lime the F10 M5 compared to the regular 5 series....can't even tell them apart. I love wide fender flares. It part of the reason I love my 1M so much.
    ​#Chuckstrong

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,697
    Rep Points
    1,990.5
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    20


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Since when? Rumors are the new motor will be "near 8, 000 rpm" whatever that means. I can all bit guarantee it will be more than 7, 000.
    Just like the near E46 M3 weight. But that includes carbon fiber seats that can't be purchase in the US.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    994
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Just like the near E46 M3 weight. But that includes carbon fiber seats that can't be purchase in the US.
    I wish we could get the performance seats here....it $#@!ing sucks.
    ​#Chuckstrong

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    The m5/m6 in any generation was never a track car...BMW doesn't race them.
    I see you have a large misconception. The M5 was always the four door sports car:



    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    This m4 will $#@! all over the s65 m3....I'm 100% sure of it, even on the track
    Until it goes into limp mode. And the E92 M3 didn't $#@! all over the E46 M3 CSL around the track just like the new M4 will get spanked by the M3 GTS which will be lighter and just about match it in power. Plus... actually be able to do multiple laps.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    F1 is going to turbos as well .... FYI
    BMW isn't racing in F1.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    And a F1 car is your argument to prove a street car is ready for track duty.
    Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Nope... Just pointing it out. The 911 turbo and gtr is my argument... I just think it's crazy that people bury a car before it's even out. Why?
    Nobody is burying it. The car will be a good car like the 335 is a good car.

    It just isn't a real M IMO and from an M purist viewpoint M is over.

    Nice design, comfortable, more straightline emphasis, and less track emphasis.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    I heard anything > 3500 lbs isn't a real M car. I guess that rules out the e92. Sorry...
    From whom?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Since when? Rumors are the new motor will be "near 8, 000 rpm" whatever that means. I can all bit guarantee it will be more than 7, 000.
    Since always: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...nt-rear-lights

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Lofty 7000? Lol...if its only 7000...well that would be embarrassing...
    I don't know where this 8000 stuff is coming from anyway.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Points
    2,018.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Yes Reputation No
    I really don't understand how turbo lag (regardless of how small) is acceptable. I agree - this will never be a true track car unless this is solved. There is no reason to buy this car (w/ turbo lag) if you are going to take it to a track when there are NA alternatives. Being able to plant the car's weight (with the throttle/brake/steering wheel) where you want is what racing is ALL ABOUT.

    As someone said above, it will be a GREAT street car - a very fun one - just like a 911 Turbo. Is it like the NA M3s of yesteryear? Hell no. 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder, etc. - it's not about the power, it's the delivery. I don't see what's so hard to understand here.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    it's the delivery. I don't see what's so hard to understand here.
    It's difficult to explain to an N54 crowd. The BMW demographic has changed with M.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's difficult to explain to an N54 crowd. The BMW demographic has changed with M.
    No it's just the relevancy of the argument. If you track your car, there is a good point with na being better than fi, but how many people track their car here? Or in general. Most run their car on the street. You don't track it @Sticky
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    No it's just the relevancy of the argument. If you track your car, there is a good point with na being better than fi, but how many people track their car here? Or in general. Most run their car on the street. You don't track it @Sticky
    Most people here are N54 centric so how is that a fair point?

    My car isn't being built as a track car that is obvious. How does that change any of the relevant points regarding M models and track prowess?

    M stands for what?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    My point is...how many people here track their cars? .............

    This m4 will definitely be a good street car, we'll see about a track car...but again, all the people including you that are talking about how it performs on the track, will never take it there.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Points
    2,018.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    My point is...how many people here track their cars? .............

    This m4 will definitely be a good street car, we'll see about a track car...but again, all the people including you that are talking about how it performs on the track, will never take it there.
    I understand that and it's likely true that the majority don't track their m series. However the M in M3 and M4 stands for Motorsport - not "sporty sedan". Just like the GT3 stands for "you can take your car from the factory and go directly to a racetrack and be competitive", that's what the M inM3 used to mean. That's all people mean I think when they argue about it. Not sure if that makes sense.

    Regardless, racetrack or not, "the Motorsport" trickles down into overall performance. On a secluded mountain road or a real racetrack - it carries over. things that apply on the racetrack apply here not just straight line speed and handling. The characteristics of the engine are very important; that's why we see so many awesome naturally aspirated engines in most good racing series today.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Louisville ky
    Posts
    716
    Rep Points
    551.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    I understand that and it's likely true that the majority don't track their m series. However the M in M3 and M4 stands for Motorsport - not "sporty sedan". Just like the GT3 stands for "you can take your car from the factory and go directly to a racetrack and be competitive", that's what the M inM3 used to mean. That's all people mean I think when they argue about it. Not sure if that makes sense.

    Regardless, racetrack or not, "the Motorsport" trickles down into overall performance. On a secluded mountain road or a real racetrack - it carries over. things that apply on the racetrack apply here not just straight line speed and handling. The characteristics of the engine are very important; that's why we see so many awesome naturally aspirated engines in most good racing series today.
    Read my mind woul rep you but apparently I've repped you too much lol
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-ripClick here to enlarge
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current
    http://theworstdrug.com/25

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    19145
    Posts
    597
    Rep Points
    2,150.3
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spool twice Click here to enlarge
    What happened to the "m" trademark wider fender flaring? Maybe its just the pictures
    This is much beefier than the base model....check out the base pics. I REALLY like the M, the base model puts me to zzzzzzz. I like the looks of properly trimmed non-M E9X /E46....but this non M F thing looks too blah IMO.

    Also, this car MUST be better than the previous gen car. I'd be shocked if it isn't.... Im guessing 7500 RPM, 480hp and a ton of torques. They MUST make sure its as lag free as possible...I don't think a 1M is super laggy so I think they can make it better... we will know soon enough.
    Last edited by Mike@VAC; 08-15-2013 at 09:52 PM.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    My point is...how many people here track their cars? .............

    This m4 will definitely be a good street car, we'll see about a track car...but again, all the people including you that are talking about how it performs on the track, will never take it there.
    It doesn't matter how many track them. It could be all or none. That changes nothing regarding track prowess of the car and intention.

    What the hell is BMW Motorsport actually going to race? Sales charts?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    994
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No


    Check this out!
    ​#Chuckstrong

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    994
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,350
    Rep Points
    2,779.7
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Amber is dated. Reason why it goes on the base models and not the real ones.
    Actually the real reason is that red lights by law can be whatever size they want to be,whereas amber has to be a certain square inch area in order to meet visibility laws. Which i find retarded because a mile away with Blackline taillights you could see which direction I was going to turn. However when you have brakelights on, rear fogs and a turnsignal that is the same color, it washes out. My Amber LCI coupe tails on my gfs car were a huge improvement at night.

    Oh and if ambers are dated and for basemodel cars, why are Whiteline tails for an F10 an option? They are standard with amber LEDs...

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Points
    2,018.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    Read my mind woul rep you but apparently I've repped you too much lol
    lol - i just tried to give you a +1 for the attempt - and got the same message. Click here to enlarge

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Couldn't they have leaked this with the pics and made life easy for me?

    Oh that's horse$#@! how they have the other m's back off as if this is the new king. My M3 would have pulled right in front, revved, and had this thing go back on the drawing board with its tail tucked between its legs where it belongs.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,425
    Rep Points
    32,105.3
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    Actually the real reason is that red lights by law can be whatever size they want to be,whereas amber has to be a certain square inch area in order to meet visibility laws. Which i find retarded because a mile away with Blackline taillights you could see which direction I was going to turn. However when you have brakelights on, rear fogs and a turnsignal that is the same color, it washes out. My Amber LCI coupe tails on my gfs car were a huge improvement at night.
    I'm sure there is a law and whatnot but amber still looks dated. First thing people did with their older 3-Series was ditch the ambers for clears. The E46 M3 came with clears for a reason... they look better.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •