Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Exclamation Flash Sale! Active Autowerke 135i/335i Intercooler FMIC (Sport Version)

Click here to enlarge

Looking to maintain the power on your BMW 135i and 335i?

Install the Active Autowerke BMW 135i 335i intercooler sport version for nearly factory-like fitment and experience the meaning of sustainable power in a compact package. The Active Autowerke BMW 135i 335i front mount intercooler is the best performing bolt-on performance intercooler that you can buy. Simply by bolting on this intercooler on a stock car, you can expect over 10 wheel horsepower gains due to the revised efficiency, or even more with additional performance modifications like our Active Autowerke BMW 135i Downpipe. This intercooler is created to handle more internal airflows than its stock counterpart, and will not heat soak as readily like the BMW factory unit.

BMW 135i 335i Intercooler Benefits And Design

For Performance Designed from inception, thisBMW 135i 335i intercooler has the largest swept area that could possibly be fitted within the confines of the BMW factory bumper that it is housed inside. Simply put, this BMW intercooler will perform and deliver consistent, reliable power run after run without power robbing heat soak.
    Some minor cutting is required. This Active Autowerke BMW intercooler features the industry standard of a bar and plate core design with seamless cast end tanks with 2.25" inlet and outlets for the least amount of air restrictions possible.

Proper placement of heavy duty mounting tabs ensure for a good fitment. Included in each intercooler kit is all the piping necessary with heavy duty silicone hoses and clamps all for a smooth, trouble free installation.
    Designed specifically for the BMW E8X 135i and E9X 335i in 2 door and 4 door configurations, it also fits both, early models (07 - 08) and later models (09 -). Just specify your particular model and the kit will be built to include all the necessary hardware for your specific application at no additional cost to you. Minor trimming may be needed for proper fitment.

Large but compact, it delivers the performance reliably and consistently as intended with the added features to be reversible if the need arises.

Key Features:

-Industry standard bar and plate core design for that rugged construction
    -Delivers substantially more internal airflow than the factory BMW unit
    -Little to no heat soak measured on street application
    -Delivers an increase in performance consistenly
    -Cast end tanks with sturdy mounting bosses
    -Full aluminum piping with proper silicone hoses and clamps for a trouble free, simple install
    -Detailed CD instructions featuring mostly pictures with less text
    -Easy to install to the factory set-up with the benefits of reversibility if needed

Specifications:
    Intercooler core dimensions 6.00" Tall, 20.00" Wide, 6.00" Thick
    Capable for up to 550 WHP
    Finished in BLACK for a stealth look

Keep an eye out for more Flash sales coming soon. They may pop up at anytime!

Give me a call @ 305-233-9300 to place your order today!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I like this.

I think a flash sale section or widget might be good to have for vendors. Kind of like how Steam does them for videogames.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    PSI reduction ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    PSI reduction ?
    Would like to know as well since I've been shopping hard lately. So far leaning towards the Helix.
    2010 E90 335i xDrive
    JB4 G5 ISO | BMS DCI | BMS OCC | Alpina Flash | LED Angel Eyes | Matte Black Kidney Grills | growing list....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    PSI reduction doesn't mean power reduction it means backpressure reduction which is a good thing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    PSI reduction doesn't mean power reduction it means backpressure reduction which is a good thing.
    B..I..N...G...O
    2010 E90 335i xDrive
    JB4 G5 ISO | BMS DCI | BMS OCC | Alpina Flash | LED Angel Eyes | Matte Black Kidney Grills | growing list....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I think he meant the pressure delta between the inlet and outlet of the intercooler, not counting the pressure loss due to temperature drop.

At least that's what I would be interested in except for the fact that no one ever measures it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jewber Click here to enlarge
    I think he meant the pressure delta between the inlet and outlet of the intercooler, not counting the pressure loss due to temperature drop.

At least that's what I would be interested in except for the fact that no one ever measures it.
    I think CP-E may have. Check out their whitepaper.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think CP-E may have. Check out their whitepaper.
    You're right and the drop was about 1-1.5 psi less over stock. enginebasics.com/Advanced%20Engine%20Tuning/Intercooler%20Efficency%20Test%20.html

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jewber Click here to enlarge
    You're right and the drop was about 1-1.5 psi less over stock. enginebasics.com/Advanced%20Engine%20Tuning/Intercooler%20Efficency%20Test%20.html
    That's a well engineered IC.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    AA is local to me, I could always go there directly to get my answer Click here to enlarge . However, its very bad when a simple question is asked and you get no replies.

No other data has been supplied about this FMIC. You would imagine since the vendor is in south Florida it would be one hell of a FMIC that has been "well tested" but still no data ?

Some of us have to come out of our own pockets just to find out what is bs from facts instead of following lab rat results.... sigh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This may not be 100% what you are looking for as far as data is concerned but its all I have at the moment.

We did 6 back to back runs with the stock intercooler then installed our sport intercooler and did another 6 back to back runs. The runs below are the 6th runs of each test. Boost was not affected much over stock.
    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Andrew@activeautowerke; 08-15-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Was the sport model around on 12.22.2011 or is that what is now listed as the race model?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    cp-e is the only company i've seen that's published legit, science and physics backed data for their ICs. they did a good job with plotting the data so you could see the pressure drop as a function of boost pressure over the full rpm range. not tryina to d-ride cp-e but, as an engineer, this is the kind of data i look for. one thing i really like about this community is that this kind of shenanigans is usually called out pretty quickly. not to poo on this guy's thread; i'm not saying this product won't do what you want it to do. i'm just saying i'm in for more data. cp-e published theirs and until i see something similar from other vendors/manufacturers, i'm scooping up a cp-e IC next time they run a sale. pulled straight from the cp-e white paper: here's the chart showing dP vs rpm at different pressure profiles. anyone got anything like this for other FMICs?

Click here to enlarge
    COME AT ME BRO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mekong84 Click here to enlarge
    cp-e is the only company i've seen that's published legit, science and physics backed data for their ICs. they did a good job with plotting the data so you could see the pressure drop as a function of boost pressure over the full rpm range. not tryina to d-ride cp-e but, as an engineer, this is the kind of data i look for. one thing i really like about this community is that this kind of shenanigans is usually called out pretty quickly. not to poo on this guy's thread; i'm not saying this product won't do what you want it to do. i'm just saying i'm in for more data. cp-e published theirs and until i see something similar from other vendors/manufacturers, i'm scooping up a cp-e IC next time they run a sale. pulled straight from the cp-e white paper: here's the chart showing dP vs rpm at different pressure profiles. anyone got anything like this for other FMICs?

Click here to enlarge
    You guys are spoiled with your demands often and CP-E's paper covers a lot of what you want. Do you really expect everyone to go to that extent?

Most people just want the dyno numbers anyway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by timtech Click here to enlarge
    Was the sport model around on 12.22.2011 or is that what is now listed as the race model?
    We have two intercooler options available. Our sport model requires no cutting and is 33% larger than factory. Our race model which is also available is 88% larger and requires some trimming to fit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    We have two intercooler options available. Our sport model requires no cutting and is 33% larger than factory. Our race model which is also available is 88% larger and requires some trimming to fit.
    I meant to say is that dyno from your race model or sport model. The dyno sheet says it's from Dec of 2011. When did the Sport model hit the market?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    NM, I see in a post that it came out in December of 2011. Nice looking unit for the price.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by timtech Click here to enlarge
    I meant to say is that dyno from your race model or sport model. The dyno sheet says it's from Dec of 2011. When did the Sport model hit the market?
    That is the sport model.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I got the race model and love it Click here to enlarge
    Cobb tuned, spec2+, wavetrac, DCI, ARdp's, AA fmic, forge DV's, M3 links & Sways, bbs lm's, bunch of exterior mods, and one happy BMW driver

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marcvtec Click here to enlarge
    I got the race model and love it Click here to enlarge
    Glad you are enjoying it! Click here to enlarge