Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Bimmer Drivers are apparently are jerks!

Drivers of BMWs frequently come in for anecdotal criticism for habits on the road that are perceived as aggressive.

Now, a couple of studies, one in the U.S. and another from the U.K., appear to provide statistical evidence that BMW drivers are, to be polite about it, complete jerks.

In the older study, by researchers at the University of California, BMW drivers were far less likely to stop for a pedestrian who had just entered a crosswalk, the New York Times notes.

“In our crosswalk study, none of the cars in the beater-car category drove through the crosswalk. They always stopped for pedestrians," researcher Paul K. Piff told the paper. He added that not only were "fancy cars were less likely to stop," but also that "BMW drivers were the worst."

Drivers of BMWs and other high-status cars (including Prius hybrids) were also more likely to cheat at four-way-stop intersections, according to the research.

In the second study, in the U.K., motorists were asked to identify the make and color of the car from which they have most frequently suffered road-rage incidents, the Daily Mail reports.

The study of 2,837 motorists found men between the ages of 35 and 50 driving blue BMWs were most likely to be reported as having engaged in road-rage behaviors such as aggressive driving and swearing.

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/bmw-driv...214456020.html

In their defense Prius users are pretty smug!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Stupid. They should devote their "research" to something that actually matters.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    "The New York Times" wouldn't know their ass from their elbow and I am so happy that their useless leftie ass paper will be broke before the decade is out... plus most New Yorkers do NOT drive
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This research lost all credibility when the New York Times was mentioned, they don't report news, they twist and manipulate stories for whatever personal agenda they feel like forcing onto their readers that day.

Nonetheless, interesting read, I don't at all find that true down here in Florida though! lol It's the people in the $#@!tiest vehicles that are always pissed/aggressive.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2278 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Newsflash: BMW drivers are $#@!s, especially owners of Blue BMW's whom you should "beware of"

Or so two new studies would have you believe. One study is from the United States courtesy of the New York Times and the University of Berkley. The other is from the UK courtesy of a survey from dailymail.co.uk. These studies are basically worthless as will be outlined below but it's interesting to see this pseudo science circulate the web as if it is some proven fact that owning a BMW makes one an $#@!.

If you own a blue BMW, you're the worst of the worst, "Beware of blue BMW drivers who really are the most aggressive and more prone to road rage when they get behind the wheel." Really? Blue BMW's? Just something about that color drives owners crazy eh? If you see a blue BMW run away. What kind of crap is this?

The UK report is just based on an informal survey. Not police reports, citiations, or anything concrete. Blue was picked as the color most likely to be most aggressive simply due to nothing more than luck of the draw. They could have just as easily drawn colors out of a hat.

The New York Time added their fuel to the fire as according to researcher Paul K. Piff, "Fancy cars were less likely to stop. BMW drivers were the worst." BMW drivers were the worst? Why? Was this based solely on numbers? Is it proportional? How many Ferrari owners stopped? If only two Ferrari's were included in the survey and one of them did not stop does that mean half of all Ferrari owners are jerks?

This is all a load of crap and a waste of anyone's time. The problem is never the emblem on the car but the jerk behind the wheel. This site won't just repost this garbage as if it is fact. If you disagree, feel free to argue with the BMW $#@!s on the forum.

Click here to enlarge

Source

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    At least they mentioned Prius drivers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As a driver of a blue BMW I do not recognize myself in this survey.
    Could it just be that BMW's are easy to identify and most of the rest of the cars blend into greyish... 4 wheels and a roof, or Yellow cab categories?
    But then again, my car has never driven in New York...
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The wife has yahoo news as the home page. Which I don't care to read. I also read an article on yahoo from a few years ago that said octane rating on gasoline did not affect horsepower.

I just find it interesting that this came out and BMW is doing their diluted line up and putting more cars on the road.

But hey that Avus blue is pretty flashy on a e46!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onisyndicate Click here to enlarge
    The wife has yahoo news as the home page. Which I don't care to read. I also read an article on yahoo from a few years ago that said octane rating on gasoline did not affect horsepower.

I just find it interesting that this came out and BMW is doing their diluted line up and putting more cars on the road.

But hey that Avus blue is pretty flashy on a e46!
    I am also a Blue BMW driver, if anything I feel like I have to be the nice guy cause for whatever reason some people find it necessary to drive closer to my rear end or be sure to get around me more than if I'm in my truck.

I've also seen news stories about all fuel at the pumps being the same...yeah maybe in your camry! lol
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes I own a Montego Blue RENNtech 335d and I CAN be an $#@! from time to time, but I do give courtesy driving to everyone. I cant stand someone next to me while im on the road i get nervous and I step on it. Trust me if you lived here in PR you would be nervous with these fellows out here

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am an $#@! and not afraid to admit it. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Does carbon black count as blue?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have an Interlagos Blue M3 - this is racism against cars and their drivers. Next time I get pulled over (oh, right - I just wouldn't stop), I will use this nugget of information in court. Oh, you see - this is racial profiling.

Who writes articles like this? Oh, yeah - the NY Times. Almost as good as FOX news.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I own a blue BMW and just thank god everyday I am not British and don't drive a Prius of any colour!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2278 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I see our blue BMW drivers are in denial. This is scientifically proven folks, you're $#@!s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Blue BMW driver checking in here. The findings are full of crap. In terms of color, I have found that black and colors such as red or yellow are usually the more aggressive ones. Young kids with parents' money buy black BMWs or flashy colors and drive like dickweeds. Blue is mostly bought by a slightly older crowd (although there is one local blue e46 with purple wheels that probably inspired this article).

Also, maybe in England and California it's the BMW drivers, but around here it's the pickup trucks and muscle cars that drive like that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $#@! driver checking in, seems legit to me.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2278 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    Blue BMW driver checking in here. The findings are full of crap. In terms of color, I have found that black and colors such as red or yellow are usually the more aggressive ones. Young kids with parents' money buy black BMWs or flashy colors and drive like dickweeds. Blue is mostly bought by a slightly older crowd (although there is one local blue e46 with purple wheels that probably inspired this article).
    You're in denial.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You're in denial.
    I wrapped my black 335 around 2 trees... I'm driving like a saint in my blue BMW. It's experience Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I see our blue BMW drivers are in denial. This is scientifically proven folks, you're $#@!s.
    Allright, I give in. If science proves it... I admit I can be a true $#@! behind the wheel.
    Just not at pedestrian X-ings.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You $#@!s are all in denial.

Love,
    Porsche prick
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    no wonder everyone is cutting me off today Click here to enlarge

im gonna rape everyone on the road after class today Click here to enlarge

at exactly 5:45...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Define the term "$#@!". Also Monaco Blue is basically black so.......

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2278 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by COLIVERtwist Click here to enlarge
    Define the term "$#@!". Also Monaco Blue is basically black so.......
    You'd think they would at least share the shade of blue.

My car is Jerez Black and looks blue under some lighting conditions. Maybe I'm only an $#@! during those times.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You'd think they would at least share the shade of blue.

My car is Jerez Black and looks blue under some lighting conditions. Maybe I'm only an $#@! during those times.
    Well in daylight (traffic) my car is blue so I'm an $#@!, and at night (interstate travel) my cars black so I'm not an $#@!. It all makes sense now..... As long as you don't include those open road late night sprints cause we all know about those Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast