Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Should I do an inline LPFP for VTT S2B2?

So

Gas here is 10% ethanol, 94 Octane. I'm hoping to get the most out of my new tarbos.

Does anyone know if an inline fuel pump would be required or beneficial?

I'd really rather not do an in-tank one. Seems there's a number of threads where folks have some severe issues with them.

thoughts?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I've already asked that question and done a bit of research (also waiting on S2B2 turbos). No need for any pump upgrades unless you plan on running e85 mixes, and what it seems e85 mixes above 40-50%.

So you're good man. I would strongly recommend meth injection though, made a huge difference on stock turbos.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh yeah, I've got meth. Run 50-75%. M1 is easily but expensively sourced from a local supplier.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135Hoser Click here to enlarge

Gas here is 10% ethanol, 94 Octane.
    94 Octane that's some good Sh*t man! Where is this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Marz Click here to enlarge
    94 Octane that's some good Sh*t man! Where is this?
    Canuckistan. I'd still rather E85, but 94 still makes a few ponies over 91.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    On pump + meth you're perfectly fine.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Measure low fuel pressure at peak power. If its less than 50psi, add the booster pump. On pump gas I doubt you need one.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I remember when we could get 94 oct sunoco fuel in nj like 5 years ago.....I wish they still had it!

I think you'll be fine as others have said. I'm staying with stock fuel setup and getting a meth kit.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    On pump you prob won't need one. I'm putting one on the 135i I'm currently working on but that's because the owner wants to run +50% e85 on his VT2s and is currently experiencing low pressure fuel drops on stock turbos. I'll be going with the bosch inline.
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    On pump you prob won't need one. I'm putting one on the 135i I'm currently working on but that's because the owner wants to run +50% e85 on his VT2s and is currently experiencing low pressure fuel drops on stock turbos. I'll be going with the bosch inline.
    I was thinking about replacing my pump as well. I will be running S2B2 but with as much E85 as i can so i am guessing this calls for a upgraded pump?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by islandroad83 Click here to enlarge
    I was thinking about replacing my pump as well. I will be running S2B2 but with as much E85 as i can so i am guessing this calls for a upgraded pump?
    check out the thread on a few DIY options on n54tech by Terry. A good read either way. IMO if I were trying to run a really strong mix, say stronger than 40%, I'd look at replacing lines as well, but that's just me thinking long term.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    check out the thread on a few DIY options on n54tech by Terry. A good read either way. IMO if I were trying to run a really strong mix, say stronger than 40%, I'd look at replacing lines as well, but that's just me thinking long term.
    Absolutely, positively do not need to replace your fuel lines except the ones you need to change if you do an intank pump upgrade. The stock fuel lines have shown to support 750WHP. I would upgrade my LPFP doing any turbo upgrade its cheap and easy and means you will have the fuel if you decide to turn it up. Our shop car is getting a fuel system make over to get ir ready for anything we can throw at it, but the lines are not being changed. Once we get around 800 I think its time for that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Absolutely, positively do not need to replace your fuel lines except the ones you need to change if you do an intank pump upgrade. The stock fuel lines have shown to support 750WHP. I would upgrade my LPFP doing any turbo upgrade its cheap and easy and means you will have the fuel if you decide to turn it up. Our shop car is getting a fuel system make over to get ir ready for anything we can throw at it, but the lines are not being changed. Once we get around 800 I think its time for that.
    I wasn't thinking power, I'm guessing you're talking the capacity of the lines to deliver fuel? I'm a bit confused with correlation of power, but I'm no expert. I just know the fuel system on our cars is not e85/flexfuel rated, my concern is the danger of deterioration in the lines and injectors.

Do you know of anyone that's ran say e70 or stronger for any period of time? Would definitely make me look into possibly upgrading pump for stronger mixes if that's literally all that's needed.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wasn't thinking power, I'm guessing you're talking the capacity of the lines to deliver fuel? I'm a bit confused with correlation of power, but I'm no expert. I just know the fuel system on our cars is not e85/flexfuel rated, my concern is the danger of deterioration in the lines and injectors.

Do you know of anyone that's ran say e70 or stronger for any period of time? Would definitely make me look into possibly upgrading pump for stronger mixes if that's literally all that's needed.
    Honestly there are people that have been running E85 for years with no issues as of yet. E85 is more corrosive then gasoline, but most modern fuel systems are very robust. The addage its better safe than sorry is always a good way to think, but I cant think of seeing one thread about fuel system issues caused by E85 on these cars. Maybe someone else can chime in here?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Worth a read, makes me feel a bit better lol.

http://www.change2e85.com/servlet/Page?template=Myths

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Worth a read, makes me feel a bit better lol.

http://www.change2e85.com/servlet/Page?template=Myths
    Good read.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would. Honestly, I think most issues have been with the in bucket replacements. Mostly issues with the venturi tube coming off or something. I'm not against either solution though if done robustly. I would recommend you do one or the other to get more fuel.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Actually, I just re-read your post and saw that you were referring to an out of tank pump. If you do that, you will be installing it post pressure regulator which one other member reported that the high pressure ruptured his fuel line. I believe Terry is running it this way successfully, though. I did my inline in-tank.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    I would. Honestly, I think most issues have been with the in bucket replacements. Mostly issues with the venturi tube coming off or something. I'm not against either solution though if done robustly. I would recommend you do one or the other to get more fuel.
    I'm doing both. Intank and inline, with some other stuff in there as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I'm doing both. Intank and inline, with some other stuff in there as well.
    Could you provide the inline setup you're going with? I'm trying to get an inline setup complete before I get tuned by PTF (soon).

I saw that most people use the Walbro GSL3922 250/255LPH. I saw two complete kits were advised off Ebay; one had bundy fittings and the other didn't. Does this matter?

Are there recommended hoses and clamps? (I noticed people had trouble with quite a few brands/types)

PS Excuse the newbness, dropped out of the forums for a while.