Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Agreed. It would be preferred to leave the car in CL, but I dont think it is necessary. Most other cars run OL in WOT conditions - so its nice to have that safety factor, but I dont think it is a necessity if you dial the rest of the tune in properly - even with meth. Jmo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    True, but most other setups run OL at WOT though. Even with meth. So, I think WOT CL is nice to have, but not a necessity.

Double post - sorry

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you have upgrade hardware… especially larger turbos… DME could not properly account for condition changes. MAF is the parameter for setting OL, which is primarily MAP and temp. For example, change in temp would mean skewed MAF between stock and upgraded hardware, cause you are working off percentage calcs of incorrect MAF. Basically you can dial in 1 set of conditions, but it cannot be scaled correctly due to the higher MAF that we cannot account for in the DME. Hope that makes sense. You would be constantly tuning. Other OL platforms can tune VE, or measure actual MAF.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not certain the MAF sets the warmup OL to CL condition - sounds odd to me.

The a/f will move around some - Possibly you just hedge the A/F rich?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sparky68 Click here to enlarge
    Incredible price, over here they are 154 each for the precats
    In case anyone buys these, 17098 can be used for both. You need 16795 and 16796 for the post-cats. I just found this out today after I dropped my car off.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RoyalFlush Click here to enlarge
    All 4 of mine are currently in the process of getting replaced. I paid $89.52 each for Bosch 17098 (pre-cats) and $89.32 for Bosch 16795 (post-cats) off Amazon. They're pretty good prices, especially with free Amazon Prime two-day shipping.

hmm........"Bosch partners with other manufacturers to supply the parts your car was originally built with. This product is in a Bosch package, however the part may have been manufactured by an independent Bosch supplier."

So its not a "true" bosch part.
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports dealer
    Turner Motorsports dealer
    Bimmerworld dealer
    Active Autowerks Dealer
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    hmm........"Bosch partners with other manufacturers to supply the parts your car was originally built with. This product is in a Bosch package, however the part may have been manufactured by an independent Bosch supplier."

Keyword: may

Here are pictures of one of the boxes. The pre-cat sensors came in bigger boxes, but they had the same packaging. The other post-cat sensor, 16796 also had the same packaging. They match the part number found on Bosch's website. I don't know how to determine if these are "true" Bosch parts, but this is good enough for me.

Also, when given to a reputable shop to install them, they didn't say anything about them. There was a mixup and I ordered the wrong post-cat sensors; I ordered two 16795s. While I was awaiting for the 16796 to arrive, they just installed one they already had in stock, and said I could just give them them the one that arrives in exchange for it. (They're aware I could get it for a much cheaper price on Amazon. The owner and head mechanic is actually the one that provided links to help DIYers get a cheaper price.)

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Here's a picture of the actual sensor.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RoyalFlush Click here to enlarge
    Here's a picture of the actual sensor.

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo.../ZzXcSKQ-1.jpg
    Repped you for your pics.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Repped you for your pics.
    Thanks sir!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge

It's a Bosch part made to Bosch specifications, it just may have been made by a contract manufacturer. This is a very common practice. Bosch designs the parts and probably has the prototypes made in house, but then contracts the bulk of the manufacturing to companies who only manufacture things once the design is finalized. The Bosch parts on cars rolling out of BMW factories may not even be made by Bosch, but they do adhear to the Bosch specifications, and Bosch does put their name on the parts. Just because you get on O2 sensor from the dealer, there is no reason to believe the part didn't originate in a Bosch contract manufacturer's facility.
    Eppur si muove.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456