Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the two suoercharged m3s you seen at bimmercruise are the same ones running in this video. my buddy with the gintani rstage two m3 put out 495 and 491 first two runs i think he said they were third gear pulls, his last pull on the dyno was a fourth gear pull and put out 603

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    There is more to this game than just a psi number.. I got one word for you Lost ROTREX Click here to enlarge
    AMEN to that one! people just dont understand.. I have a feeling they will respect the different S/C choice and perfect tuning soon enough Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is correct, I put down 495whp on the first pull which was done in third and 491whp on the second pull in third. The last pull was done in fourth gear which hit 603whp. The machine could not read my torque numbers because the operator could not find a spark plug wire to hook up too, so that was pretty $#@!ty. It was my first time operating my own car on a dyno.... all runs were done on 94 octane with the same mods listed above.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For the record you will show more hp in 5th. If you look at the mph most sc are going you can tell they are using 5th which gains around 15 whp more than 4th on avg.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92livin Click here to enlarge
    That is correct, I put down 495whp on the first pull which was done in third and 491whp on the second pull in third. The last pull was done in fourth gear which hit 603whp. The machine could not read my torque numbers because the operator could not find a spark plug wire to hook up too, so that was pretty $#@!ty. It was my first time operating my own car on a dyno.... all runs were done on 94 octane with the same mods listed above.
    dyno is a dyno, and a win is a win Click here to enlarge

If you believed all the dyno #s then the gintani car was a waste of gas for the other car.. BUT, in reality, things aren't so easily disguised Click here to enlarge Nice work!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The owner of the DJ could not get me readings of my torque numbers, which I was pretty pissed about because another E92 M3 went up after and he got the readings for that car. He said my intake was covering the wire he needed to access. For the record I won Dyno King at that even for my 603whp pull in foruth Click here to enlarge. Hopefully we can set up a few passes at the next 1/4 mile event on September 22 here in Canada.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the next 1/4 mile event on September 22 here in Canada
    Who's hosting it? Cayuga?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, for CSCS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, for CSCS.
    What did you run last time out?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Never ran a 1/4 mile pass with the supercharger yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Never ran a 1/4 mile pass with the supercharger yet.
    Is yours grey or a red m3?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    There is more to this game than just a psi number.. I got one word for you Lost ROTREX Click here to enlarge
    +1

I mean, ESS' smoke & mirrors tuning" vs. Evolve and the Rotrex...... http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...-Evolve-vs-ESS
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The owner of the DJ could not get me readings of my torque numbers, which I was pretty pissed about because another E92 M3 went up after and he got the readings for that car. He said my intake was covering the wire he needed to access. For the record I won Dyno King at that even for my 603whp pull in foruth Click here to enlarge. Hopefully we can set up a few passes at the next 1/4 mile event on September 22 here in Canada.
    Mike@Engines Unlimited (owner of the mobile dyno from the Bimmercruise 2013 show) sent these charts over to me tonight. Just throwing this out there to show you that unless your car is tuned to limit boost or do something funny in one gear vs another or your clutch badly slipping there's no way to gain 100+whp from one gear to the next. I don't know why you felt the need to say your first two runs were in 3rd either when all three given the vehicle speed graph were done in the same gear, 4th.

Good luck out there...sucks a bit for the ESS-650 owner who did 525whp not to be taking that trophy home..Keep in mind, I have nothing against you nor do I have anything to do with S65s or their supercharger kits or the various companies that make those kits or Gintani. I actually love their work! This was just purely curiosity as I was surprised a supercharger kit on the stock S65 would behave the way you described without something being off. 495-500whp is nothing to be ashamed about on just pump gas and those numbers will do great out there no doubt especially with m3's gearing.

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 08-27-2013 at 11:34 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    All the spark plug wire does is provide the RPM signal for the vehicle so you can track that on the dyno screem. It has zero to do with the DJ being able to read HP or TQ, if it can read HP it can read tq as they are both read from the same roller, just with different equations to get the numbers. Something smells a little fishy here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    Mike@Engines Unlimited (owner of the mobile dyno from the Bimmercruise 2013 show) sent these charts over to me tonight. Just throwing this out there to show you that unless your car is tuned to limit boost or do something funny in one gear vs another or your clutch badly slipping there's no way to gain 100+whp from one gear to the next. I don't know why you felt the need to say your first two runs were in 3rd either when all three given the vehicle speed graph were done in the same gear, 4th.

Good luck out there...sucks a bit for the ESS-650 owner who did 525whp not to be taking that trophy home..Keep in mind, I have nothing against you nor do I have anything to do with S65s or their supercharger kits or the various companies that make those kits or Gintani. I actually love their work! This was just purely curiosity as I was surprised a supercharger kit on the stock S65 would behave the way you described without something being off. 495-500whp is nothing to be ashamed about on just pump gas and those numbers will do great out there no doubt especially with m3's gearing.

http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...3_zps68d-1.jpg
    Is that the graph? If so no way in hell could you count that as a run. Sometimes our dyno freaks out and it reads 1500 whp. Counting a spike from one run is not how you claim hp numbers... Ess customer tricks !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is that the graph? If so no way in hell could you count that as a run. Sometimes out dyno freaks out and it reads 1500 whp. Counting a spike from one run is not how you claim hp numbers... Ess customer tricks !
    Yes, those are the graphs that the Gintani Stage 2 car claimed 603whp with Click here to enlarge I hope they didn't see the graphs and just went off of what they were told. At this event, the other ESS-650 car did 525whp, mine with a one-off set of stock hybrids did 505whp so the ESS-650 car should've really won the event but the prize was given to the Gintani car for the spiked graph lol its ok, its all good times but things like this (miscommunication) can cause some nasty online arguments
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    Yes, those are the graphs that the Gintani Stage 2 car claimed 603whp with Click here to enlarge I hope they didn't see the graphs and just went off of what they were told. At this event, the other ESS-650 car did 525whp, mine with a one-off set of stock hybrids did 505whp so the ESS-650 car should've really won the event but the prize was given to the Gintani car for the spiked graph lol its ok, its all good times but things like this (miscommunication) can cause some nasty online arguments
    I agree. The runs do seem low for all of the supercharged cars though on a dynojet. Our level 1 kit gets around that whp.

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Andrew@activeautowerke; 08-28-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Dzenno, first off I am not ashamed of the numbers I put down considering the conditions and the numbers everyone else was hitting that day lol. secondly I cannot explain to you myself how I hit the 603whp it is weird for my car @ 7.5psi to hit that number to be honest. The way the car performs compared to these dyno #s are totally different. As of the third gear accusations it was a honest mistake on my end so ALL THE DYNOS PULLS WERE DONE IN 4TH GEAR. Just to clarify things, I want accurate results like any one else and it doesn't make a difference to me. This race I had with the ESS 650 car is a perfect example of dyno results vs real life results. I will be doing another dyno-pull shortly, partially because I want to see my WTQ numbers and I want to see what my car puts down consistently on 94 and 110. On a side note this is my first time on a dyno period and the spike wasn't something I was use to seeing so who knows what my car makes. Anyway i'll see everyone who is local at the next event.. I'm out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dzenno, first off I am not ashamed of the numbers I put down considering the conditions and the numbers everyone else was hitting that day lol. secondly I cannot explain to you myself how I hit the 603whp it is weird for my car @ 7.5psi to hit that number to be honest. The way the car performs compared to these dyno #s are totally different. As of the third gear accusations it was a honest mistake on my end so ALL THE DYNOS PULLS WERE DONE IN 4TH GEAR. Just to clarify things, I want accurate results like any one else and it doesn't make a difference to me. This race I had with the ESS 650 car is a perfect example of dyno results vs real life results. I will be doing another dyno-pull shortly, partially because I want to see my WTQ numbers and I want to see what my car puts down consistently on 94 and 110. On a side note this is my first time on a dyno period and the spike wasn't something I was use to seeing so who knows what my car makes. Anyway i'll see everyone who is local at the next event.. I'm out.
    Yeah I would visit another shop and do some runs in 4th and 5th to verify your past results. Any numbers that have a spike or just don't make sense toss them.

At our shop we have a welding table about 15 feet away and if we do a run while they are welding we get crazy spikes showing 1500-2000 hp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No worries man. Your car is beast. If you're up for it I'll most likely be on a dyno tomorrow night in Oakville (Trafalgar/QEW) at TAG Racecraft. Its a Dynojet and a very legit one that I now use all the time for our N54 pro tunes. I'll be there working on a 335is and his meth tune. Shop charges $90 for 3 pulls or $100/hr. I can help you get the numbers finalized, just let me know...

In terms of the mobile dyno from the show it seemed to be reading on average about 15-20whp less than an average Dynojet out there.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol, $#@! the dyno, leave the dynos for tuning changes and race results for real life Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Agree!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I might wanna make my way up there tomorrow Dzenno.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

6-speed supercharged M3 S65 V8 battle - ESS VT2-650 versus Gintani Stage 2 roll on race

Finally some ESS versus Gintani supercharged M3 action! These videos are very hard to come by as a video like this can sway perception greatly as to real world performance (dynograph racing is for kids) between the kits. That is why you will not see it on the front page of certain websites. The ESS VT2-650 kit has been claimed to put out over 600 horsepower at the wheels but you do not race graphs, you race cars.

Click here to enlarge

Here are the specs for both vehicles, the Gintani supercharged M3 is the camera car:

Mod List - ESS M3
    SGM 08 BMW M3
    ESS VT2- 650 - 8 PSI
    Challenge Race X- Pipe
    Eisenmann Rear Section
    KW V3 Coilovers
    Volk TE37 9.5/10.5 + Yokohama AD08 265/295
    Brembo BBK

Mod List - Gintani M3 - CAMERA CAR
    MR 08 BMW M3
    Gintani Stage 2 - 7.5 PSI
    RPI X-Pipe
    OEM Rear Section
    H&R Race
    RD Sways
    RPI Scoops
    Toyo R888 275 only rears
    Style 219 OEM Wheels

Now there are no honks in the video so it appears the Gintani car gets a jump. Regardless, there is no denying it pulls away definitively as which point the ESS supercharged car just gives up and gets off the gas. What explains this results considering the Gintani car has a 7.5 psi boost pulley versus 8.0 for the ESS VT2-650?

First of all, tuning is an important difference. Gintani Stage 2 kits are usually custom tuned to the application. ESS VT2-650 kits come with a canned tune. One can of course get a custom tune but the actual kit is one size fits all. These are simply different approaches and have their merits but for maximum performance a custom tune tailored to the vehicle and fuel is always preferable.

Secondly, the Gintani Stage 2 kit features a revised manifold with improved flow. When trying to make the system as efficient as possible the manifold design of course is important. A freer flowing manifold should show less boost.

Gintani also has a Vortech T-Trim option which is a slightly larger blower capable of more CFM than the V3si ESS uses. Again, pros and cons here as the self-lubricated V3si is very nice from a maintenance perspective and the T-Trim requires tapping the oil pan for lubrication. A pro of tapping the oil pan is the oil can be changed and cooled more easily. A con is if something were to go mechanically wrong with the blower a small piece of metal has a chance (however slim) of entering the cars oil system. Again, pros and cons and there are blower choices available for the Gintani kit although one is locked in with the ESS kit.

Keep in mind these cars not running meth and the Gintani Stage 2+ setup can run higher boost and more aggressive timing with a custom meth tune which ESS does not offer with their kit.

Hopefully we see more videos like this as there has been far too much dyno racing by fanboys.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Seems like Gintani builds some serious cars. Nice kill!, but I've also heard they've blown quite a few motors as well as their in-shop tuning can be crazy aggressive. Some of their video's on youtube prove it. I just hope they are shop cars and not customer cars as I'd be pissed if they just sat there and kept my car at redline to do an exhaust video.....
    Brainwashed much? I can tell you about a few blown ESS motors too. EVERYONE has blown motors.

The video you are referring to discusses shortcoming in the S65 V8 factory oil system. Rod bearings are a problem that is not Gintani's fault or ESS's fault or anyone's fault by BMW's.

Regarding my exhaust video, it's a built motor car putting down more than what anyone else has having NOT been run to redline or in even in kill mode yet so I don't think you know what you're talking about. I always tell Alex to up the boost and shut everyone the hell up but he plays it too safe just because of crap like this.

I told him to pop my stock motor before building it but it never happened, why is that?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast