Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 91
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    465
    Rep Points
    337.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    can u post dyno graph with rpm

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,677
    Rep Points
    3,327.5
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    can u post dyno graph with rpm
    sure, updated first post
    Click here to enlarge

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    465
    Rep Points
    337.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    sure, updated first post
    thanx Click here to enlarge

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,632
    Rep Points
    2,248.3
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Awesome, I've been waiting to see these results. Throw some fuel and more boost to it and see where it goes lol
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    860
    Rep Points
    1,537.7
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I have to give credit to Terry for figuring out how to plumb the OEM solenoid (I was a bit skeptical at first LOL). I'm glad to see someone else trying to flash tune a single turbo and can't wait to see how far DZ can take this setup.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,057
    Rep Points
    1,149.5
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Dz, are you guys looking into upgraded or aftermarket boost solenoids? With big singles in work, I imagine the criticality to function is more important. They're fairly simple little things, I'm sure some alternates exist.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,677
    Rep Points
    3,327.5
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    Dz, are you guys looking into upgraded or aftermarket boost solenoids? With big singles in work, I imagine the criticality to function is more important. They're fairly simple little things, I'm sure some alternates exist.
    At the moment no since the OEMs are working really well so far. We'll see how things change as boost goes higher. We go up 1psi at a time so oddities should hopefully be easily spotted.
    Click here to enlarge

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    glad to see a piggyback isn't required to run a ST anymore. I find it required for other issues which can't be resolved flash only but I prefer having a choice in the matter, unlike Shiv who won't offer a warranty if you do not use a Procede and PWM meth kit.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,849
    Rep Points
    2,343.3
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Reputation: Yes | No
    529 on pump is very solid. Like you said, with an .82 you'd gain another 300-400 rpm in spool. I think a .63 would choke it out up top but I'll see soon as I'm about to run a .63 on my HTA3582r on my 2.4L swap in the EVO. I think though, on the N54 a T4 twin scroll is going to be best. I was recently told that Garrett was no longer providing a T4 twin scroll turbine housing though, so BW may is prob the best best in a TS application.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  10. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,906
    Rep Points
    3,915.7
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    529 on pump is very solid. Like you said, with an .82 you'd gain another 300-400 rpm in spool. I think a .63 would choke it out up top but I'll see soon as I'm about to run a .63 on my HTA3582r on my 2.4L swap in the EVO. I think though, on the N54 a T4 twin scroll is going to be best. I was recently told that Garrett was no longer providing a T4 twin scroll turbine housing though, so BW may is prob the best best in a TS application.
    Yeah they went T3 TS on everything. In my eyes its better, smaller footprint, just as efficient. The new Ni-resist housings are even going to come in V-band TS like some of the diesel stuff does now. The V-band TS stuff is really nice, makes manifold design a little trickier but they are nice.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,849
    Rep Points
    2,343.3
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Reputation: Yes | No
    who's providing the v-band TS housings? BW or Garrett?
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  12. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,906
    Rep Points
    3,915.7
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    who's providing the v-band TS housings? BW or Garrett?
    Garrett. ATP home page shows the TS V-bands at the bottom of the Ni-resist announcement.

    http://www.atpturbo.com/

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,849
    Rep Points
    2,343.3
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Reputation: Yes | No
    ah nice. well nice they're still proving TS housings. sucks they're only providing them in T3 or vband though. Not many T3 TS manifolds in the EVO world. all the good full race manis are T4.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  14. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,849
    Rep Points
    2,343.3
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Tony, is your N55 kit going to be TS?
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  15. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,906
    Rep Points
    3,915.7
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Tony, is your N55 kit going to be TS?
    Yessir

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,906
    Rep Points
    3,915.7
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    529 on pump is very solid. Like you said, with an .82 you'd gain another 300-400 rpm in spool. I think a .63 would choke it out up top but I'll see soon as I'm about to run a .63 on my HTA3582r on my 2.4L swap in the EVO. I think though, on the N54 a T4 twin scroll is going to be best. I was recently told that Garrett was no longer providing a T4 twin scroll turbine housing though, so BW may is prob the best best in a TS application.
    Also, I had to look but what you were told didn't sound right to me. I also just spoke with ATP, they have not heard of any plans to stop the T4 divided housings and you can get just about anything you need from the ATP site, as far as T4 Garrett TS houings. One example.

    http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...egory_Code=GTH

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,849
    Rep Points
    2,343.3
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Also, I had to look but what you were told didn't sound right to me. I also just spoke with ATP, they have not heard of any plans to stop the T4 divided housings and you can get just about anything you need from the ATP site, as far as T4 Garrett TS houings. One example.

    http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...egory_Code=GTH
    Huh.. Thanks for the info Tony! Can't wait to see that n55 kit in action. I hope the motor holds up lol
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  18. #68
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    860
    Rep Points
    1,537.7
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    Dz, are you guys looking into upgraded or aftermarket boost solenoids? With big singles in work, I imagine the criticality to function is more important. They're fairly simple little things, I'm sure some alternates exist.
    Most of the aftermarket stuff only works up to 40hz (some maybe a little higher). Apparently the stockers are measures in *khz* so they can cycle much faster.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,002
    Rep Points
    8,952.0
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    90


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    Most of the aftermarket stuff only works up to 40hz (some maybe a little higher). Apparently the stockers are measures in *khz* so they can cycle much faster.
    Exactly. The factory solenoid you can run anywhere from 200-20khz. I found 2khz works well so the JB3 & JB4 were setup around that speed. I think the DME runs 400hz but it's been a long time since I looked at that. The aftermarket solenoids want only 10-40hz. The factory solenoids are actually very nice high quality pieces. I suspect they will work just fine even at very high boost levels as long as the wastegate spring is properly selected for the intended boost range. A filter cap should be added to the vent to avoid it getting clogged and the lines zip tied they don't blow off the solenoid.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,057
    Rep Points
    1,149.5
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Exactly. The factory solenoid you can run anywhere from 200-20khz. I found 2khz works well so the JB3 & JB4 were setup around that speed. I think the DME runs 400hz but it's been a long time since I looked at that. The aftermarket solenoids want only 10-40hz. The factory solenoids are actually very nice high quality pieces. I suspect they will work just fine even at very high boost levels as long as the wastegate spring is properly selected for the intended boost range. A filter cap should be added to the vent to avoid it getting clogged and the lines zip tied they don't blow off the solenoid.
    Ah, didn't know that. My concern is that they redily degrade in their stock location, probably heat induced. I just assumed that any minor degredation would have a larger performance impact with big power, and is probably more noticable to the driver.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3
    Rep Points
    6.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Good thread...

  22. #72
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Points
    2,149.8
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Thanks for an entertaining read while I was in my "other" office.

    A flash only controlled external wastegate is a huge step forward. Congrats!
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

    2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,849
    Rep Points
    2,343.3
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    ^^. It is. Def a huge step toward a world of freedom for n54 owners. First real open source tuning software now external WGs controlled by flash only software. $#@! is about to get crazy Click here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  24. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,268
    Rep Points
    1,418.2
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Yeah they went T3 TS on everything. In my eyes its better, smaller footprint, just as efficient. The new Ni-resist housings are even going to come in V-band TS like some of the diesel stuff does now. The V-band TS stuff is really nice, makes manifold design a little trickier but they are nice.
    i thought you wanted single scroll T3 and TS T4?.. as T3 with the TS divider gets too small?

    .. what would be optimal for the N54, from your professional experience?.. T4 is usually only for GT40> correct?

    housing selection alone is such a complex thing

    i don't know anywhere near enough about turbos, and the arguments available on all the tuning forums without hard data just make it a PITA to learn easily.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Also, I had to look but what you were told didn't sound right to me. I also just spoke with ATP, they have not heard of any plans to stop the T4 divided housings and you can get just about anything you need from the ATP site, as far as T4 Garrett TS houings. One example.

    http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...egory_Code=GTH
    mm that would look wonderful all polished up
    boop

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    78
    Rep Points
    162.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I didn't even know there is a thread on here. The car is running flawlessly. Not a limp yet. I would like a little more low end torque but when she gets in the power band HOLD ON!!!!! Fuel upgrades next week and back on the dyno!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •