Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PTF E50 Map Run

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Prat10 Click here to enlarge
    great point made but i do need to practice my launch since i have not been able to get down to 2.0 or below so ill be at track again wed beating it up on 1/4 trying to beat @BuraQ ET time Click here to enlarge but i doubt i will beat his ET until cold weather hits FL since thats when he did 11s!

i will be using e50 only with oct booster when needed such as racing someone or at track from here on Click here to enlarge
    You will get below 2.0 60' no doubt, its just during the summer time PBIR is not a great track for cars on street tires. They prep the track one time prior to open and that is it. During winter they prep the track more often throughout the event.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great runs guys! A better FMIC such as the Cobb or Helix would definitely serve you well
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry,
    Can you clarify what stage 2 AFE intake you were referring to in this thread?
    I was considering purchasing this one - though trying to find a better deal than $800....

http://performancetruckproducts.com/...FdOj4AodzRYATQ

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boom Click here to enlarge
    Terry,
    I was considering purchasing this one - though trying to find a better deal than $800....

Prat10 ran the open cone aFe DCI which is the one Terry found to be a poor design.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry,

No the one I'm talking about is the two small filters w/ thick rotomolded inlet tubes that restrict flow.

I've not tested the one in your link but I'm skeptical of its performance. I think BQ removes the top when racing with it but he can verify. The problem with the airbox has always been the 3"x4" inlet. They've added another small inlet there but but now the main inlet is only feeding from one 1"x6" grill instead of two. I don't see how that setup can perform much better than stock with the lid on. With the lid off it's effectively a nicer looking DCI.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry,

I run that intake setup. Here is my dyno before and after the stock intake with a K&N drop in filter:

Stock was dyno'd in 86f temps, and the aFe was dyno'd in 93f temps and still out performed the stock intake

Click here to enlarge

In hotter temps it gained 13 whp and 17 wtq . This setup is a direct replacement for the stock intake and frees up the air restriction that plagues the stock intake

In the summer I run it with cover on and in winter I run it with cover off when racing. What is the difference in power between cover off/on, ? Dunno. I can say this though colder air to the turbos the turbos wont have to work so hard to produce boost and you will see your turbos hitting target much better rather than over shooting target

As for the intake snorkels size well the pancake turbo inlets themselves don't do any greater of justice. The snorkels work effectively no issues. Top Gear Solutions sells them for under $800 I am sure Jeff will break a wonderful deal on them

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @BuraQ Convinced me to get a sealed aFe intake and it's worked well. I run with the cover off and the stock snorkel. Personally have not seen any increase in WGDC% compared to DCI setup which is good. So I assume the benefit I would get is slightly lower pre-turbo temps.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I need to come out of hibernation...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    YES YOU DO!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This Florida heat / humidity was humbling last night. I only got 3 runs in with the best being 12.394 @ 116.56. My 60' time was $#@! at 2.119. I really need to get my 60 down to the 1.8-1.9 range.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    This Florida heat / humidity was humbling last night. I only got 3 runs in with the best being 12.394 @ 116.56. My 60' time was $#@! at 2.119. I really need to get my 60 down to the 1.8-1.9 range.
    Yup, that sounds about right in this weather all depends on what your logs look like. I would assume you had some timing drops in there from the high IAT's. When the colder weather comes in you should be trapping about 119.

I need an all season intercooler for my PTF E maps, so I will be ditching the Dinan IC for the Cobb IC

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Dinan IC is actually pretty good, IMHO. Not sure it's worth swapping out unless funds are unlimited. That money would be better spent on a meth kit.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    datalog5.txt

Log attached of best and final run. IAT's start at 117.05 and end up at 149.45. Timing corrections are obviously present but nothing that I hadn't seen from cooler weather runs in January.

My last trip to the track was in January where temps were in the mid-low 40's and I was trapping 118.56.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    datalog5.txt

Log attached of best and final run. IAT's start at 117.05 and end up at 149.45. Timing corrections are obviously present but nothing that I hadn't seen from cooler weather runs in January.

My last trip to the track was in January where temps were in the mid-low 40's and I was trapping 118.56.
    Looking at your log I almost thought I was looking at mine ... lol Its your IATs for sure

Click here to enlarge

There is a timing analyzer built into the graphing tool by Zasquatch. Its definitely an IAT issue and you might want to double check you E85 mix is calculated correctly. I use this calculator HERE to make sure its correct sometimes I would mix 5% over just in case.

In the end the IATs are definitely the issue, which can be improved by upgrading the FMIC, or (I am going to say curse word) m.e.t.h, cough cough for the summer time , sigh.

Another solution would be to raise the IAT comp tables for use living in Cali, Texas, or Florida. However this is entirely up to PTF if it would be healthy or not for our cars

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    so I will be ditching the Dinan IC for the Cobb IC
    Why not Helix? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Why not Helix? Click here to enlarge
    A comparison was done between the two and the Cobb did best

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A comparison was done between the two and the Cobb did best
    Link? Looks to me like a smaller core with more pressure drop on the end tanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Link? Looks to me like a smaller core with more pressure drop on the end tanks.
    No links ATM, just from people who have tested them both, as you know I have been struggling trying to make is discussion myself for some time and wanted to see a significant difference.

When I get my Cobb FMIC it would be worth testing it against your Helix for comparison since we live literally couple blocks from each other. No racing of course. Tuning wont be an issue as we can both switch to the same map also.

After we are done we can make a comparison post since it has not been done yet to see if the Cobb FMIC is worth the extra $75 over the Helix.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No links ATM, just from people who have tested them both, as you know I have been struggling trying to make is discussion myself for some time and wanted to see a significant difference.

When I get my Cobb FMIC it would be worth testing it against your Helix for comparison since we live literally couple blocks from each other. No racing of course. Tuning wont be an issue as we can both switch to the same map also.

After we are done we can make a comparison post since it has not been done yet to see if the Cobb FMIC is worth the extra $75 over the Helix.
    Yeah I'd be down for sure. It would be a good write up comparing the two.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here is the 40 roll with the Procede FBO 335is as mentioned in the PO

Left lane Silver PTF 335is, Right lane white Procede 335is, both FBO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah I'd be down for sure. It would be a good write up comparing the two.
    Would be great to see this comparison. If results are night and day over the 5" ETS I will probably make the switch.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @BuraQ I watched those rolls lol. You destroyed Sid and he blew out of there in front a few times.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I got the latest revision of Terry's stacker map and I am getting around 7 or 8 degrees postshift at 6200 rpm shiftpoint eyeballing the gauge.

at a 5800 rpm shift I am getting close to 10.

note I am running a tamer version of his stacker map meant for 93+meth/race gas setups and not E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So my car seems to be on target right?

Not sure if I'm running the latest stacker from terry but I'm running the stacker from terry as well and would love to compare logs of 2nd-4th gear pull .......

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Prat10 Click here to enlarge
    So my car seems to be on target right?

Not sure if I'm running the latest stacker from terry but I'm running the stacker from terry as well and would love to compare logs of 2nd-4th gear pull .......
    you seem to be getting around 4-5 degrees with less in 5th gear. id try the latest map from him. I believe my RACE Flash runs 1 degree less timing than your E85 flash.

Your 5th gear timing could be related to IAT based compensation though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast