Close

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Okay, well, Shiv let me win, but had to make a couple stabs which I'm okay with. He has said it without saying it, Mixing his software doesn't really brick DME's. The end. He does bring up a good point about other data in the BIN file including the VIN number, but honestly, I doubt its really all that needed outside of the minor exception case here and there. And when those problems arise, someone in the community can code any potential needed fixes in. OPEN SOURCE FTW.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This arguement is so useless. It's proven that you can used canned VIN's already. How much evidence is needed? 1,000 unique cars?

It's a pointless argument anyway. If someone doesn't feel comfortable with using a canned BIN from another car just open the canned BIN, compare it to yours, and copy/paste all the tables. Or ask the nice dev to make a XDF to patch yours, or a list of tables you need to copy paste to save some time. The back and forth over there is so useless, and FWIW the VIN info shouldn't be hard to find, I'll see if I can pick up a cable and start helping out some after my test monday. Some ECU's have code around the VIN that can cause issues, not necessarily the VIN itself. Usually you just copy/paste from your BIN to that BIN and it's taken care of (IE- GM and Saab ECU's). You can define a nice table to copy/paste from for that stuff or just do it manually once you know where they are, but honestly since things are working I HIGHLY doubt it will ever be an issue outside of super strict emissions tests that read those blocks (nowhere does that to my knowledge, maybe cali, they are kinda crazy there).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    THere is now a multiple page thread over there that mentions the "free open-source flashing option" numerous times that has not been locked or deleted. Win.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I would go used Cobb for ~$500 over the OFT. It's much more functional and better supported.
    I'm more interested in both of the new solutions because the maps are open

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MrBlah Click here to enlarge
    I'm more interested in both of the new solutions because the maps are open
    Maps are open on Cobb unless its protuned. Depending on the protuner, they can opt to save them unlocked as well. The Cobb OTS maps are all viewable and editable in the ATR software. We as users can also create and share maps using ATR software.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    This arguement is so useless. It's proven that you can used canned VIN's already. How much evidence is needed? 1,000 unique cars?
    It's not intended to be a plausible argument. Neither is telling people they can't load Shiv's maps via open source. Read up on "Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt" marketing tactics. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That place turned into a mess. You got that n54 guy and Dave coming in and getting upset I put shiv into a corner on his Bricking fear. He does it in a way that is vague, so his followers believe that he hasn't lost and although it appears he almost has, they feel the need like gaurd dogs to jump in and defend, lmao. If they like their product, then fine. Just don't waltz around saying flashing canned bins will brick your DME. Because it won't. it will be recoverable.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I personally think most people who are going to run flash only fall in to two categories. Those that would never log their car. They will just have a friend or local shop load a flash for them and go on with their life. And those who are really in to logging, making changes, etc, and they will likely stack with something like a JB4 that adds a lot of functionality or purchase their own 1VIN cable for $179. But if you are in to a hardware specific solution, set on flash only tuning, and don't mind the higher cost then Shiv's tablet seems fine for you.
    Terry, where would I find $179 BT cable? The cheapest one on your website and bavarian technic is at at $287. Maybe BMS cable for the future?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's not intended to be a plausible argument. Neither is telling people they can't load Shiv's maps via open source. Read up on "Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt" marketing tactics. Click here to enlarge
    Question, does the OFT only allow patched BINs with the correct VIN to be flashed onto the installed car? Since you have one for evaluation purposes maybe you'd know. He's now claiming you won't support his OFT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have been reading most of the Open source flash tune threads for the last two days while on vacation. As I already have a Cobb pro-tune with The PTF guys (thanks Dzenno and Jake), and am wondering what open source will be able to provide me - better tunes?
    2008 E90 335xi AT 58K MILES - FAILING XFER CASE MOUNT
    MHD CUSTOM E50, N20 TMAP, FUEL-IT TBI & STG 2 LPFP, cPE CHARGE PIPE, HELIX IC, FORGE DV, BMS DCI, BMS T-STAT DELETE, BMS OCC, RB PCV, KW-V1 COILOVERS, APEX ARC-8, 235/265 MICHELIN PSS, ALPINA B3 TCU, SCOOPSClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jeffman Click here to enlarge
    I have been reading most of the Open source flash tune threads for the last two days while on vacation. As I already have a Cobb pro-tune with The PTF guys (thanks Dzenno and Jake), and am wondering what open source will be able to provide me - better tunes?
    If you like what you got, keep it. At this point, it's a cheaper alternative only.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jeffman Click here to enlarge
    If you already have a pro-tune with COBB, you're not going to get anything better with this option most likely. At least not in the very near future. Keep the COBB, its a better all round product from a consumer standpoint.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Question, does the OFT only allow patched BINs with the correct VIN to be flashed onto the installed car? Since you have one for evaluation purposes maybe you'd know. He's now claiming you won't support his OFT.
    No idea on how that system works with regard to its VIN locking. I threw it in the closet as soon as the BT was functional. I'm sure if I said anything they'd interpret it as me trying to tell people how to bypass their VIN locking.

Anyway 2 minute writes via BB OS FTW. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No idea on how that system works with regard to its VIN locking. I threw it in the closet as soon as the BT was functional. I'm sure if I said anything they'd interpret it as me trying to tell people how to bypass their VIN locking.

Anyway 2 minute writes via BB OS FTW. Click here to enlarge
    3 minutes and 30 seconds for me Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    3 minutes and 30 seconds for me Click here to enlarge
    1:49 over Kline.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    1:49 over Kline.
    D-CAN FTL Click here to enlarge .... or my laptop FTL? *shrug*.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm on DCAN too. 2:21 most of the time. Using an Acer1 $200 Walmart laptop. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    If you already have a pro-tune with COBB, you're not going to get anything better with this option most likely. At least not in the very near future. Keep the COBB, its a better all round product from a consumer standpoint.
    Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So if one has an other BIN version IKB0S what does one do...wait or can one fix this somehow diy?
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    So if one has an other BIN version IKB0S what does one do...wait or can one fix this somehow diy?
    If you have a JB4 our canned IJE0S maps should work.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you have a JB4 our canned IJE0S maps should work.
    So is IJE0S somehow compatible with IKB0S?
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I tried your @Terry@BMS IJE0S XDF but looking around in tunerpro it doesnt look right..

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    is it possible to code car features like key fob window down? or is it all engine related?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    I tried your @Terry@BMS IJE0S XDF but looking around in tunerpro it doesnt look right..

Click here to enlarge
    You need to use the IJE0S BIN too.
    Burger Motorsports

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast