Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boom Click here to enlarge
    AFR banks 1 & 2.
    Those tables should have RPM as the y axis, and Load Actual as the x axis. Which load cells are requesting 10.8? 180 load at 6000 rpm? etc.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @lulz_m3
    So this may seem retarded but I'm confused about the comparison tool and the xdf files in TP. When I load Shiv's Stg1 xdf onto my stock bin I get the following table:
    Attachment 32266
    When I use the comparison tool and select my stock bin I see this.
    Attachment 32267
    Which one is which? Am I able to see what the actual stock numbers are if I use a Shiv XDF to view them? I don't have an xdf that doesn't have a tune in it - they all came from his OFT download site. Just trying to be clear.
    Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @boom, I don't have the stock load targets in front of me, but they are very conservative. I think they stay below 135/145 and even lower in the higher RPM's. Based on your stock bin you can see what the AFR targets are in these cells, basically 14 dropping to 12 - which is fairly consistent with what i have seen from stock N54's. Also one of the main issues with the piggyback - as you can see its pretty damn lean in the meat of the power band in oem form.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    @boom, I don't have the stock load targets in front of me, but they are very conservative. I think they stay below 135/145 and even lower in the higher RPM's. Based on your stock bin you can see what the AFR targets are in these cells, basically 14 dropping to 12 - which is fairly consistent with what i have seen from stock N54's. Also one of the main issues with the piggyback - as you can see its pretty damn lean in the meat of the power band in oem form.
    @lulz_m3
    I'm not actually sure I can see the stock file. I played around with the two different stock bins (I flashed a local's car) I have and I can only view them with an xdf that I got from Shiv's download place. THey are all tuned xdfs so when you select one I think you're looking at the application of the tune modifications on the stock bin rather that just the stock bin without any modification. The message I quoted above is for the fuel targets. They are rpm vs. load with afr in the cell contents. The xdf files that I've looked at on either of my stock bins show an 11.2 or a 10.8 fuel target at WOT. I don't believe either of those is a stock value so I think I'm just looking at Shiv's OTS Stg1 vs. Shiv's OTS Stg0 rather than comparing to the stock file without a tune applied.

The xdf is the ecu mapping AND the tune at the same time and I don't have an empy, tune-free xdf file to just look at the stock bin. I wonder how hard that is to make.
    Last edited by boom; 08-14-2013 at 03:25 PM. Reason: grammar

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    BB Flash Cable

I have nothing against the BT cable. It's just a little spendy. So I thought if we could find a FTDI compliant cable cheaper, that would be a nice option. It would also be easier than re-writing code for the INPA cables.

I found this cable source:
    -cant post links- ftdi chip dot com

It has the FTDI chip integrated in the USB cable. I am wondering if anyone knows any of the specs for voltage read/write etc. The top cable is 16british pounds and I could put an OBD2 connector on the bare end. This could be a much lower cost solution.

I would need to know voltage specs and how many of the OBD2 connector pins are required to try this out.

Anyone know? Am I missing something big here? Sorry I didn't start a new thread.. I have no rep.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Will the BMS backend flash work with another piggy(procede)? lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by continue5 Click here to enlarge
    Procede already has a back end flash, its available for download from the Vishnu site. I think its called the procede fuel flash or something like that.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @lulz_m3
    I'm not actually sure I can see the stock file. I played around with the two different stock bins (I flashed a local's car) I have and I can only view them with an xdf that I got from Shiv's download place. THey are all tuned xdfs so when you select one I think you're looking at the application of the tune modifications on the stock bin rather that just the stock bin without any modification. The message I quoted above is for the fuel targets. They are rpm vs. load with afr in the cell contents. The xdf files that I've looked at on either of my stock bins show an 11.2 or a 10.8 fuel target at WOT. I don't believe either of those is a stock value so I think I'm just looking at Shiv's OTS Stg1 vs. Shiv's OTS Stg0 rather than comparing to the stock file without a tune applied.

The xdf is the ecu mapping AND the tune at the same time and I don't have an empy, tune-free xdf file to just look at the stock bin. I wonder how hard that is to make.
    I was under the impression that the XDF file is just the definition file, and if you took a stock bin file and loaded the XDF it would show stock values. Once you patch the BIN file, it applies the mapping changes.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sure. And you can probably use the procede flash with the JB4 too. But there are some differences in tuning strategies so best to start with the file from your tuner. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mpowerjon Click here to enlarge
    BB Flash Cable

I have nothing against the BT cable. It's just a little spendy. So I thought if we could find a FTDI compliant cable cheaper, that would be a nice option. It would also be easier than re-writing code for the INPA cables.

It has the FTDI chip integrated in the USB cable. I am wondering if anyone knows any of the specs for voltage read/write etc. The top cable is 16british pounds and I could put an OBD2 connector on the bare end. This could be a much lower cost solution.

I would need to know voltage specs and how many of the OBD2 connector pins are required to try this out.

Anyone know? Am I missing something big here? Sorry I didn't start a new thread.. I have no rep.
    I'm not aware of any other cables that will work without having to write new code. It would also have to support both CAN and K-line communications like the BT cable. I thought trying to make it work with an INPA cable, but the BT cable works great so I'm focusing on other things.
    Single Turbo E92 BMW 335i | My YouTube channel
    Click here to enlarge
    If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn....... Then, you have enough horsepower.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Sure. And you can probably use the procede flash with the JB4 too. But there are some differences in tuning strategies so best to start with the file from your tuner. Click here to enlarge
    Great, I already tried vishnu's backend flash and was curious as how my car would react to the BMS one. Is there a link to download the bms flash?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great, I already tried vishnu's backend flash and was curious as how my car would react to the BMS one. Is there a link to download the bms flash?
    We're doing things a bit differently. I've modified a BIN to work on all MSD81 or MSD80 DMEs. Email in your trans type, intended fuel, mods, and I'll send you a BETA version to load and test.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We're doing things a bit differently. I've modified a BIN to work on all MSD81 or MSD80 DMEs. Email in your trans type, intended fuel, mods, and I'll send you a BETA version to load and test.
    any progress being made on the major timing drops at WOT onset and postshift recovery?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    any progress being made on the major timing drops at WOT onset and postshift recovery?
    I have maybe 6 weeks of work backed up on my desk. So I don't expect to get back to that for at least another couple of weeks. Working on the pump gas back end flash right now.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have maybe 6 weeks of work backed up on my desk. So I don't expect to get back to that for at least another couple of weeks. Working on the pump gas back end flash right now.

ah cool ok. but I think I know the issue with WOT onset timing at least, I think dme boost target is overshooting hitting different load cells.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mpowerjon Click here to enlarge
    BB Flash Cable

Being FTDI or not has nothing to do with the issue. The issue is related to the MCU and the firmware. Those INPA cables probably use an FTDI chip already.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you need any testing for the pump gas map let me know. I was using the e85 mix backend map but am running 93 at the moment.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @boom, here is the stock AFR targets with a red line depicting where the load targets/RPM would land. Basically its pig rich in case the engine overshoots requested load for any reason, obviously just a safety measure.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    To expand on my previous comment, it may not be terribly difficult for someone with know how to configure a new interface. I haven't even taken one minute to look at it, a lot of it is dependent on how much support or open information there is on the interface. Thats pretty much the deciding factor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @lulz_m3
    Thank you! I hadn't considered that. Awesome

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blaster3500 Click here to enlarge
    If you need any testing for the pump gas map let me know. I was using the e85 mix backend map but am running 93 at the moment.
    Sure thing just email me. Or if you have I'll get back to your shortly. Was doing customer installs most of the day. Just sat down and saw I have 65 emails waiting! Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sure thing just email me. Or if you have I'll get back to your shortly. Was doing customer installs most of the day. Just sat down and saw I have 65 emails waiting! Click here to enlarge
    lol roboterry wasn't answering e-mails? you need to hire a mechanic for that stuff. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    lol roboterry wasn't answering e-mails? you need to hire a mechanic for that stuff. Click here to enlarge
    lol there are 7 of us here now but I always like to do the local installs myself. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just sat down and saw I have 65 emails waiting! Click here to enlarge
    That would drive me crazy!!! Luckily you were able to clone yourself 7 times. Is that a new feature of the new BB OP flash? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirty Dog Click here to enlarge
    That would drive me crazy!!! Luckily you were able to clone yourself 7 times. Is that a new feature of the new BB OP flash? Click here to enlarge
    OS flash can print money and transform into a jet and fly you to an island

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast