Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I'm on DCAN too. 2:21 most of the time. Using an Acer1 $200 Walmart laptop. Click here to enlarge
    I have almost the same laptop as you, the Acer AspireOne. So i'm confused as to why I'm reading/writing slower than others.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    1:49 over Kline.
    Same here. And an average 60 min read time. Using Retina MBP with VMWare.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    BINs go with XDF's, one defines the other. But if you have a msd 80/81 it seems the different ROM types are mostly compatible as long as you stick to the DME type. Which makes since being that the ROM is just assembly AFAIK. Just be sure to save the stock BIN from your car in the off case it doesn't work.

If it doesn't work, you'd have to flash back to stock then get an XDF for your ROM and make the changes by hand, or get the dealer to update the DME to the newer version.

That of course is worst case scenarios you should be fine to just flash the other BIN and go.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I have almost the same laptop as you, the Acer AspireOne. So i'm confused as to why I'm reading/writing slower than others.
    I don't know offhand on that. When there is more of a community of programmers working on it you can post a LOG for them to review. All writes have a timestamped LOG file for troubleshooting. I'd look at it but busy working on other projects. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't know offhand on that. When there is more of a community of programmers working on it you can post a LOG for them to review. All writes have a timestamped LOG file for troubleshooting. I'd look at it but busy working on other projects. Click here to enlarge
    didn't even realize the processes are logged. I'll look at them myself before hitting up klips or whoever Click here to enlarge Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    didn't even realize the processes are logged. I'll look at them myself before hitting up klips or whoever Click here to enlarge Thanks.
    I'd seriously try borrowing a laptop. It would potentially make any trouble shooting much easier
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You need to use the IJE0S BIN too.
    Is IKB0S BIN a different version or just an old version? Is there a stock IJE0S BIN somewhere I could use?
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Seems there is quite a few diffrent ROMS around, so I have more questions:

Can a IKB0S car (MSD81) run an IJE0S BIN or is stuff not working then?

Can a take the JB4 canned IJE0S BIN and patch it with Shivs OTS map (since this car dont have a JB4)?

Looking at COBBs webpage I realized that there is a many ROMs for the N54 and we basically only have two available to play with right now.
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

More than 2...
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    Is IKB0S BIN a different version or just an old version? Is there a stock IJE0S BIN somewhere I could use?
    You can try the IJE0S BINs I posted on n54tech. We're having JB4 testers test those now. If running without a JB4 you'd have to go in and modify whatever tables you need to modify though. For N54s up to 2010 IJE0S was the last version I know of for MSD81, and cars up to 2008 normally run 18A0S, the last MSD80 version I know of. So between those two versions you should be covered for 2006-2010 models. In 2011 they brought in the 335is & 1M and that changed things a bit.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567