Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

European Car Magazine's Article on Harrop Engineering's positive displacement E92/E90/E92 S65 V8 supercharger

I didn't have time to get out my camera, so the quality isn't the best (taken with my iPhone). Basically, the image is of the article recently published in European Car. Not much we don't know, but interesting nonetheless.

The size was too large - had to throw it on imgur: Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The kit was removed from my car shortly after the photos for that article were shot. My car never saw boost and was running with a "safe" tune just in case. The car that was going to be used to develop the tune dropped out, and left me as the only other car in the US with the system. I was uncomfortable with my car being used to develop the tune for Harrop's hardware and we agreed that the blower should be removed. I know Harrop/Aviva are in the process of tuning their own E92 M3 and I will certainly revisit the system once it is 100% complete and in production form. Until then, I'll be staying N/A.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mfatuation Click here to enlarge
    The kit was removed from my car shortly after the photos for that article were shot. My car never saw boost and was running with a "safe" tune just in case. The car that was going to be used to develop the tune dropped out, and left me as the only other car in the US with the system. I was uncomfortable with my car being used to develop the tune for Harrop's hardware and we agreed that the blower should be removed. I know Harrop/Aviva are in the process of tuning their own E92 M3 and I will certainly revisit the system once it is 100% complete and in production form. Until then, I'll be staying N/A.

Sweet - nice to hear from you. The way the article read, I kinda got the feeling that there was some work to do. You, sir - have a damn beautiful car - glad to see you on this forum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

if you want TQ early and HP up top, there is a s/c solution for you Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Sweet - nice to hear from you. The way the article read, I kinda got the feeling that there was some work to do. You, sir - have a damn beautiful car - glad to see you on this forum.
    Thank you so much! It's nice to finally have it back home. I picked it up in Germany on 3.18.13 took delivery in the US on 4.30.13 then shipped out to California on 5.5.13. Just got it back on 7.28.13. Hardware-wise, they are all set. The software is still in development, in my conversations with Jonathan, they are well on their way. I'm sure he'll chime in on this thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    if you want TQ early and HP up top, there is a s/c solution for you Click here to enlarge
    For now I'm just going to enjoy the car in N/A form. I have full exhaust, a drop in, and DCT tune. As much as I'd like a blower, I don't exactly feel that the car "needs" it. I'm also in the process of building a house, so my car budget is on hold for a little bit...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For now I'm just going to enjoy the car in N/A form. I have full exhaust, a drop in, and DCT tune. As much as I'd like a blower, I don't exactly feel that the car "needs" it. I'm also in the process of building a house, so my car budget is on hold for a little bit...
    Yeah - different strokes for different folks as they say I guess... I think LM is currently NA, but had a blower. I myself, would love to TRY an blown M3 (especially if done right) - but don't think I would own one (however, everytime I see a video/read about them/etc. I change my mind... ADD I guess?).

The cars limits are SO HIGH, that even though it's not the fastest straight line car in the world (however, it's very fast nonetheless), it outruns anything I have ran into from point A to point B where AB is not a line. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @mfatuation are u going to Mpact? I'm supercharged again, ill let you drive mine Click here to enlarge