Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyone wanna give me a hand setting up the coding software/cable?

I have about 18 different versions of each software, 16 user guides that say to create a MAN file/never create a MAN file/etc., a cable and an utter inability to get the damned computer and car to talk to each other. Anyone feel like hopping on Teamviewer at some point and walking me through it? I'm looking to do the Alpina flash and code out Adaptive lights and TPMS sensor. I'd really like to be shown how to do it and try it myself. Not looking to become a professional coder for money, just to be able to play around with the car a bit.

Any help would be great and I'm a cigar collector/smoker... I could send you a couple cigars you'd definitely enjoy for your time... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Talk to Wedge. It can get it all setup.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sent him a PM... thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

My inpa zip file has all you need, including a step-by-step file for coding. Super easy and guaranteed to work if you are patient and methodical.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    My inpa zip file has all you need, including a step-by-step file for coding. Super easy and guaranteed to work if you are patient and methodical.
    I don't see an attachment or link to this zip file. Btw, can you up water pump speeds with this ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    I don't see an attachment or link to this zip file.
    Some searching brought me to this: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...oding-Via-INPA

I believe that is what he was referencing. Downloaded it and will probably give it a try this weekend...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes, that's the link I was talking about. No, you cannot set water pump speeds, but you can perform full water pump diagnostics.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks to Wedge, Alpina flash is done. There were some issues with my connection that were weird to say the least (and, considering I got a transmission from another car after mine $#@! the bed, it had a hard time reconciling that... in fact, it showed that the flash failed, but it actually worked).

Drive mode is like a regular car with the ability to get speed if needed, but Sport and Manual are beast modes. I dig it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Nice.

I need to do this. I'm out of warranty and want to start coding things on my car, but I don't know what kind of laptop to get as I don't want to deal with a virtual machine (I'm not that computer savvy) and am not sure what type of system is best for the coding software. Would ideally like to get an older, cheap computer to use exclusively for car stuff.
    335i Coupe, JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH