Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    you know, I personally know someone who ran his 335is DCT 12.5@115... on pump gas using Cobb s2+fmic OTS. so the 335is DCT can potentially be beastly.
    The FBO 335is local to us actually went 11.70s or 11.80s @ 116-117mph on a ptf e40 protune tune by jake since he is local to us lol. No doubt they are fast! dct is def an advantage!
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Prat10 Click here to enlarge
    yes def interesting to see but im happy with the performance the ets 5" has given me and im actually planning on upgraded to 7" very soon Click here to enlarge i guess you will find out the difference once i make the switch
    A little OT but isn't the frontal face area of the IC more important than it's depth?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stucks Click here to enlarge
    The FBO 335is local to us actually went 11.70s or 11.80s @ 116-117mph on a ptf e40 protune tune by jake since he is local to us lol. No doubt they are fast! dct is def an advantage!
    I have no doubt you can get into the 120s with the DCT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    A little OT but isn't the frontal face area of the IC more important than it's depth?

yes but it all depends on the how well air flows as well so in a way i would say everything matters not just the frontal area or depth or core its has to be a balance of everything.......

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    also all these comments and yet no one seems to be talking about how well the 6AT is doing when you compare it with 335is DCT especially when everyone is saying how great it is =p

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The 6at IMO is best for the 1/4 mi. May not be as quick shifting but can provide more consistent launches, (especially 2nd gear) and no fear of clutch wear, etc. With that said and running both at track, I like the DCT for DD.

Buraq, you know I respect you, brother and love what you're doing. But you can't deny, stock I/C, RFT and no lock down kit - running 11.8 in this heat and 2050 DA is a quicker car. I have run plenty of 2.0 60's and was at 12.1 etc.

I know you want to come to OSW where it's better prepped and am flattered at the $ offer to beat 2.0 60 ft at PBIR. When and How much? Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: mattyates85
    FB: Matt Yates

2013 335iS DCT, Alpine/Saddle

Only JB4/Flash, BMS DP's/DCI/Walbro inline

Best e/t: 11.57 @120 mph

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i am running a 12.1 FBO with JB4 on Pump gas with a 2.0 60ft with my 335is. Here is a video of a 12.4 run outside temperature around 95. DCT is an advantage for sure, but agree that the 6AT is more capable on the strip.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well once the cold weather hits dwon here in so fl im planning to beat buraq's 11.7 he did with renntech if he doesnt beat that with ptf maps lol Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by myates Click here to enlarge
    The 6at IMO is best for the 1/4 mi. May not be as quick shifting but can provide more consistent launches, (especially 2nd gear) and no fear of clutch wear, etc. With that said and running both at track, I like the DCT for DD.

Buraq, you know I respect you, brother and love what you're doing. But you can't deny, stock I/C, RFT and no lock down kit - running 11.8 in this heat and 2050 DA is a quicker car. I have run plenty of 2.0 60's and was at 12.1 etc.

I know you want to come to OSW where it's better prepped and am flattered at the $ offer to beat 2.0 60 ft at PBIR. When and How much? Click here to enlarge
    First, the big difference is that 6AT have torque converters and DCT cars dont. So their launching will be easier vs a DCT

Sportsmen are like warriors who honer each other, holding true to their own paths, but upholding respect to one another. They also observe and understand the others pros and cons. Your sword cuts the same hot or cold. My sword cuts but cuts sharper when cold.

In other words your selection of tuning there is no IAT compensation on your all stock setup. So in this Florida summer weather when you hit 170 degree temps you have no compensation but it also tells where you limit is at when winter rolls in. Most important you have a better prepped track. No complaint when we run on the same track

I still got plenty of spade cards not played out yet. However nuff of the talk, we will for sure this season meet up and have a blast

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    First, the big difference is that 6AT have torque converters and DCT cars dont. So their launching will be easier vs a DCT

Sportsmen are like warriors who honer each other, holding true to their own paths, but upholding respect to one another. They also observe and understand the others pros and cons. Your sword cuts the same hot or cold. My sword cuts but cuts sharper when cold.

In other words your selection of tuning there is no IAT compensation on your all stock setup. So in this Florida summer weather when you hit 170 degree temps you have no compensation but it also tells where you limit is at when winter rolls in. Most important you have a better prepped track. No complaint when we run on the same track

I still got plenty of spade cards not played out yet. However nuff of the talk, we will for sure this season meet up and have a blast
    BuraQ, the DME will pull timing if IAT's get too high on JB4. Also, you make less power with hotter IAT's even if their was no compensation at all.

2c

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    BuraQ, the DME will pull timing if IAT's get too high on JB4. Also, you make less power with hotter IAT's even if their was no compensation at all.

2c
    I am talkling the stack setup that is what he is running. The DME will not pull timing if it only sees itself doing 5 PSI at 170 degrees. There is no reason to do so cause it thinks everything is ok and does not see 19-20 PSI

Here is myates logs for his stack setup that he referenced:

Click here to enlarge

Direct Source: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...36&postcount=8

Where do you see timing pulls on his stock at teh power level he is at ? If the DME saw his true boost it would have floored his timing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am talkling the stack setup that is what he is running. The DME will not pull timing if it only sees itself doing 5 PSI at 170 degrees. There is no reason to do so cause it thinks everything is ok and does not see 19-20 PSI

Here is myates logs for his stack setup that he referenced:

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...c1d13715-1.jpg

Direct Source: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...36&postcount=8

Where do you see timing pulls on his stock at teh power level he is at ? If the DME saw his true boost it would have floored his timing

actually its an IAT compensation table within ATR. you can adjust it to be more aggressive on E85 blends or less so on pump gas. has nothing to do with perceived load/boost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

The air intake based timing decay is just another table the tuner fills in when doing the tuning. I'll have to check the Cobb side but here is the table as filled in on the open flash beta.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    actually its an IAT compensation table within ATR. you can adjust it to be more aggressive on E85 blends or less so on pump gas. has nothing to do with perceived load/boost.
    Yes I know about that, but I will leave that to PTF to determine if it would be "healthy" to take it that far.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes I know about that, but I will leave that to PTF to determine if it would be "healthy" to take it that far.

well yeah, id hope so since you're paying for the service, but the whole point of me mentioning that was your comment about the stack setup having anything to do with IAT compensations.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The air intake based timing decay is just another table the tuner fills in when doing the tuning. I'll have to check the Cobb side but here is the table as filled in on the open flash beta.

I sincerely hope thats celsius. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well yeah, id hope so since you're paying for the service, but the whole point of me mentioning that was your comment about the stack setup having anything to do with IAT compensations.
    My point on that was to demonstrate how a "stock car" was able to get away with that type of timing, boost and heat with no compenstation

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    boost does not impact IAT compensations. more boost you run the faster your IATs will rise, but the piggyback actual boost itself does not affect IAT readings.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I wonder how this race would look vs the jb4 with cobb/bms flash instead of the beta flash. I recently hit 11.8 @ 122.8 in 1500DA on map7.

I enjoy your threads btw. Always have interesting comparisons.
    11.76 @ 124 (123.9) full weight e92 335i, street tires, no meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zeel Click here to enlarge
    I wonder how this race would look vs the jb4 with cobb/bms flash instead of the beta flash.

I enjoy your threads btw. Always have interesting comparisons.
    Our Cobb back end map definitely holds more advance post shift right now. This one is a work in progress. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very well done thread with the data, videos, everything.

Car is running well and it's hot in Florida people forget humidity and DA for whatever reason again and again.

Your car was coming on well there in the runs but looks like you are slightly lacking down low.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Prat10 Click here to enlarge
    also all these comments and yet no one seems to be talking about how well the 6AT is doing when you compare it with 335is DCT especially when everyone is saying how great it is =p
    The 6AT should be building boost at the line whereas the DCT will behave like manual.

I'm not sure on his DCT launch technique.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    You guys desperately need meth/WATER. obviously not for the octane but the cooling. Those IAT's are crazy towards the end of the runs. BuraQ I know your against running meth/water but during summer months it'll really help. The IAT's in that last JB4 log scare the crap out of me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirty Dog Click here to enlarge
    You guys desperately need meth/WATER. obviously not for the octane but the cooling. Those IAT's are crazy towards the end of the runs. BuraQ I know your against running meth/water but during summer months it'll really help. The IAT's in that last JB4 log scare the crap out of me.
    Keep in mind the cooling benefits of ethanol are not realized in IAT. We would need EGT to know for sure, but with a high mix of ethanol I see no problem with IAT's that high.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice runs! sweet video! ALways fun to see two different 335s battle it out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12