Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

PTF E40 BASE map vs BMS beta Flash + JB4 map 7 E70

You all knew this was inevitable to happen. A week ago we demonstrated what the Cobb E30 race map can do against the BMS stack tuning. Now you get to see what PTF or proTuning Freaks E40 fuel base tuning map can do vs the BMS beta flash + JB4 stack tuning map 7 E70 fuels

Don't be fooled by this "beta" flash by BMS. Its rock solid power, more power than what they were getting out of the Cobb AP when it was being used to flash the BMS back end tuning for the JB4.

Today was just ugly icky Florida weather at the Palm Beach International Raceway track. We were submerged in 85°f temps and almost 70% humidity and 1900+ DA on the actual track. Here is the weather by City location

Click here to enlarge

Ok we all decided to take our cars our to PBIR tonight, and will again this coming Friday. I had just recently gotten my PTF E40 base map 3 days ago and was really hammering the hell out of it in extreme heat conditions and I mean just giving it the torcher test. Not one engine fault code.

I see it like this, if a tune passes my torcher test then it is a VERY GOOD and balanced tune. As track day arrived it was just in time when my DME had fully adapted

We have two cars tuned by well respected tuners with different ways of approaching the N54 platform in bring out the best performance

Click here to enlarge

E40 vs E70 fuel mixtures is a BIG difference. Please keep that in mind. People will say" well you have DCT ". Yes surely, so if all this is going to be the means of justifying then I might as well lay it down before it evolves into an epidemic.

This BMS 335i weighs less than the PTF 335is. The driver of the 335i weighs 110+ lbs less than the driver in the 335is. Also the BMS 335i has the alpina AT flash, and to mention he was hitting 20 PSI while the 335is was hitting 19 PSI, so we have a 1 PSI difference.

The 335is driver had a E50 map to play with but didn't even bother to load it and just stuck with the PTF E40 base map instead

Yes as you saw in the vid there was a tug of war, but the PTF 335is on E40 came back very strong for a second match and delivered.

The E40 maps is just a starter map, its not even finished so its just as premature as the beta BMS flash

Here are the logs for the very last run in the vid

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Here are the time slips for the track runs. Please note the left lane at PBIR traps higher mph than the right lane. He did trap 118 tonight in the left lane, I just chose to stay in the right lane for better traction and take a hit on the traps speeds

Click here to enlarge

When winter comes and DA is well below what it was tonight you are going to see higher trap speeds from both cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i feel like u cant compare a 335i to a 335is belive it or not its quicker no matter wat
    335is has the advantage period anyone that has had a 335i n54 and a 335is can agree with me

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Glad to see you're making progress with PTF and your traps are great in this weather. Not sure why you couldn't get back into 11's, however...
    Instagram: mattyates85
    FB: Matt Yates

2013 335iS DCT, Alpine/Saddle

Only JB4/Flash, BMS DP's/DCI/Walbro inline

Best e/t: 11.57 @120 mph

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    with all due respect, you need to change your mindset, as a professional driver I can tell you that I am a dtc with a manual is a great differen and if the driver is not very skilled to mas.un rim diameter makes a difference, one housing diameter makes a difference, a bad wheel drop makes the difference, poor tire pressure makes a mixture of gasoline diferencia.una makes the difference.

circuit I am able to lose three tenths per lap 100gr just down the tire pressure, imajinese what you might do with their comparisons

a greeting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by myates Click here to enlarge
    Glad to see you're making progress with PTF and your traps are great in this weather. Not sure why you couldn't get back into 11's, however...
    Not sure if that's a serious question... Its the middle of summer in Florida.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Not sure if that's a serious question... Its the middle of summer in Florida.
    http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showth...hlight=mdyates

This was my 11.8 last month on stock FMIC and Run flats with a DA of 2050
    Instagram: mattyates85
    FB: Matt Yates

2013 335iS DCT, Alpine/Saddle

Only JB4/Flash, BMS DP's/DCI/Walbro inline

Best e/t: 11.57 @120 mph

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Jake was able to squeeze another 2-3 MPH from the base map to the final. Keep this in mind and don't get too caught up in the base map numbers.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The 60', during the summer at PBIR street tires do not have great traction, unless you win a shot on a day when no slickster or DR cars come out. During the cooler weather my 60' are better.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showth...hlight=mdyates

This was my 11.8 last month on stock FMIC and Run flats with a DA of 2050
    That is why I proposed to come to your track. Unfortunately for PBIR the track is not prepped well for street cars.

They flood the water box so much you cannot dodge the water. Then you have idiots who dont know how to do a full burn outs and drag water into the dig area. By time the slickster and DR cars do their passes traction for street tire is pure sh*t

Based on your 60' you have put down in the summer and winter you have a well prepped track and I am sure "we" will have a fiesta on it. I would put money on the table you will never see the 60' or trap speeds in the summer time at PBIR as your get at the Orlando track on our stock turbos

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    interesting, the 6AT with slower shift speeds and worse timing recovery than your car is still running even or faster than your is. cool video

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice OP... keep it up with posts like these! You may have 1psi around 5-5.5k, but this is minimal... you really need to up the E% to get more out of it. You could also get a little more aggressive in PID for the lower gears, but again very minimal gains.

The JB car may have a mph or 2 in it if post-shift issues can be solved. I'm surprised to see the corrections on E70... I would seafoam the crap out of it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd be curious to see the VANOS setpoints of each. @Terry@BMS you using the Cobb e30 table rescaled to DME lower load targets of your backend flash?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    op, i'm sure your traps would increase. My previous car (07 335i sedan 6MT) was PTF tuned and it wasn't even my last revision, I hit 119mph. easily repeatable too. I was on E50.

thanks for sharing.
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    Nice OP... keep it up with posts like these! You may have 1psi around 5-5.5k, but this is minimal... you really need to up the E% to get more out of it. You could also get a little more aggressive in PID for the lower gears, but again very minimal gains.

The JB car may have a mph or 2 in it if post-shift issues can be solved. I'm surprised to see the corrections on E70... I would seafoam the crap out of it.

hes not on E70, its E40

the JB4 car was on E70 and to be honest I doubt it would make much difference considering his timing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    hes not on E70, its E40

the JB4 car was on E70 and to be honest I doubt it would make much difference considering his timing
    I know, both cars could see better timing. E40 high gear corrections is understandable... E70 surprising.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    I know, both cars could see better timing. E40 high gear corrections is understandable... E70 surprising.

im actually more surprised that the BMS car didnt lean out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im actually more surprised that the BMS car didnt lean out.
    We're going back and forth testing various things to see what works. Looking at his log above there he's over advanced in 4th for the octane. Those are definitely drops and not torque related. We'll have to push his E85 mixture up higher. Working up new tricks on the OF side now that I can just go in and disable 29F2 annoyance codes, etc. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    We're going back and forth testing various things to see what works. Looking at his log above there he's over advanced in 4th for the octane. Those are definitely drops and not torque related. We'll have to push his E85 mixture up higher. Working up new tricks on the OF side now that I can just go in and disable 29F2 annoyance codes, etc. Click here to enlarge

hes also running a 13.0 AFR if my eyes are scaling it correctly. IMO he needs to richen up a half point, add meth and go nuts. Click here to enlarge

beauty of open source is that I can make changes to your BMS flashes as desired without having to harass you about it!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The target was 12.66 but I'll have to check out the CSV file to see if it floated above that and why. With meth life would be much easier. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good stuff guys! Looking forward to more runs, just be careful out there Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @terry i sent you the cvs files from these run with buraq so take a look when you get a chance

plus i have the probe cat converter code for bank 1 sensor 2 that never goes away so most likely my afr and trims have to do with me having a bad o2 sensor that im trying to get it fixed by monday if work lets me Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A little off topic but its interesting that the 335i with the ETS 5" FMIC was picking up 60F delta in IATs from start to finish. The 335is Dinan was better at 40F. I wonder how well the 7"s do.

Edit sorry i didnt realise these were the street run logs, not the strip so WOT was for a far longer period. Nevertheless the IAT comparison were interesting.
    Last edited by busky2k; 08-08-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by busky2k Click here to enlarge
    A little off topic but its interesting that the 335i with the ETS 5" FMIC was picking up 60F delta in IATs from start to finish. The 335is Dinan was better at 40F. I wonder how well the 7"s do.

Edit sorry i didnt realise these were the street run logs, not the strip so WOT was for a far longer period. Nevertheless the IAT comparison were interesting.

yes def interesting to see but im happy with the performance the ets 5" has given me and im actually planning on upgraded to 7" very soon Click here to enlarge i guess you will find out the difference once i make the switch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    interesting, the 6AT with slower shift speeds and worse timing recovery than your car is still running even or faster than your is. cool video
    Lol!

op, I wish we could teleport you up here to MD. Zeel and I (both jb4 g5 iso/bms back end flash cars) were looking forward to running a local ptf tuned DCT 335is, but that car is now for sale Click here to enlarge
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stucks Click here to enlarge
    Lol!

op, I wish we could teleport you up here to MD. Zeel and I (both jb4 g5 iso/bms back end flash cars) were looking forward to running a local ptf tuned DCT 335is, but that car is now for sale Click here to enlarge
    you know, I personally know someone who ran his 335is DCT 12.5@115... on pump gas using Cobb s2+fmic OTS. so the 335is DCT can potentially be beastly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LoL at all these threads ...

Meth 20 psi to 17 ... ftw

What is a beta flash ? Lol
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast