Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Mid Pipes Delete

I am currently running cP-e downpipes with HighFlow Cats, and Dinan Free Flow Axle back exhaust with the OEM mid catts and exahust.

I am not interested in catless DPs so please dont mention it. It aint happening

I am kinda stuck in decision of two methods of moding my exhaust system

1) Borla mid cat delete pipes, SKU: BOR60503

I herd great reviews, I am prettys sure I wont have to worry about drone, rasp or the tin can exhaust $#@! sound. Perhaps it will free up some exhaust flow ? It should.

2) BB Center X-Pipe, SKU FBMW-1027

Initially I thought of going with the N55 midpipes to delete the mid cats and exhaust altogether. However found the BB Center X-Pipes a better option as exhaust will flow way better than the OEM N55 mid pipes.

My concern on this is the $#@! can exhaust sound, and drone. I really like this setup best over the borla mid cats delete pipes

I need some "contructive" input and advice on which two. Perhaps anyone with experience on the BB Center X-Pipe would be a plus

Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The flow you will get over the n55 mids isn't going to be noticed power wise what so ever. I was in the same situation and went for the n55's. Don't regret them one bit. The car now makes a much more pleasing sound under WOT and that's with the stock down pipes, alot more burble aswell. Either way you will be happy. Just depends if you've got extra dollars you don't mind giving away. No extra drone if anything I noticed less.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would go with the x pipe if I had a 335. If your scared it may be too raspy I would look into adding an ar20
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-ripClick here to enlarge
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current
    http://theworstdrug.com/25

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Your OEM exhaust already has an x-pipe. I think you should cut out your secondaries. Your exhaust would look like this:

Catted DP's->Dual Piping->X-Pipe->Dinan mufflers.

If this ends up being too raspy (which I doubt), you can weld in some bottle vibrant resonators where the secondaries were cut.

Replacing your existing piping with the same size piping minus cats is a waste of money. You don't need to spend that when you can cut the cats out of your existing piping. It's the same thing flow wise.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Your OEM exhaust already has an x-pipe. I think you should cut out your secondaries. Your exhaust would look like this:

Catted DP's->Dual Piping->X-Pipe->Dinan mufflers.

If this ends up being too raspy (which I doubt), you can weld in some bottle vibrant resonators where the secondaries were cut.

Replacing your existing piping with the same size piping minus cats is a waste of money. You don't need to spend that when you can cut the cats out of your existing piping. It's the same thing flow wise.
    +1. if you aren't purchasing a complete exhaust system, just cut the cats out and weld in vibrant 1792 resonators. should take some of the rasp out and the drone shouldn't be too bad or change much because you still have cats in the exhaust system (your hi flow catted downpipes)
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....