Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Howerton Engineering 4-AN twin tank review

Had a devils own tank (Loved it, great tank!) but wanted a full 4-AN system. I contacted Jeff at Howerton Engineering and asked if I could have a twin tank in 4-AN and he made this work of art for me. This tank is unbelivable (build quality is just remarkable), I was surprised by the yellow balls in the tank LOL!! They are there to prevent air and sloshing and work fantastic! I really love the LED light in the tank also.
    I made a modification where hose comes out of back, this was my preference and not a flaw in design.

Great tool to have for methg lines

Click here to enlarge

Tank:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

The only tank we will ever recommend. We have sold and installed many of these always with great success and feedback.
    @robc1976 another great review and pics!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

The balls inside the tank are a great idea. I've seen foam used in fuel cells before, but never little balls.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    The balls inside the tank are a great idea. I've seen foam used in fuel cells before, but never little balls.
    Depending on the fuel you use the foam is incompatible and breaks down(which I believe it will do with methanol) which is why Howerton uses those balls. The HFS-4 tank is super quality piece but I still like my RCI fuel cell setup.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Depending on the fuel you use the foam is incompatible and breaks down(which I believe it will do with methanol) which is why Howerton uses those balls. The HFS-4 tank is super quality piece but I still like my RCI fuel cell setup.
    Yes, I see that now. Most fuel cell foam is polyurethane, which is not compatible with methanol. Polyethylene foam would be compatible with methanol, but an open cell variant of PE foam is not readily available which means it is likely very expensive.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

great tank! mine is currently sitting next to my bed. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes, I love my Howerton tank as well..!!
    You should mount your pump inside the tank to have a all-in-one design Click here to enlarge
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I have that same tank with my aquamist HFS-4 system in my cts-v and its awesome....jeff howerton is a stand up guy as well.
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

I'm running the same tank as well, good $#@!.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Damn. I have had the HFS-4 since it was first released. Installed it using my WW reservoir only to uninstall it after all the meth fire horror stories. Bought this tank and the necessary components to mount in the trunk over a year ago. Still haven't installed it.

Can someone install it for me? Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

This thread has turned into a H.E circle jerk Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    This thread has turned into a H.E circle jerk Click here to enlarge
    I'm ok with this. =)
    11.76 @ 124 (123.9) full weight e92 335i, street tires, no meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    The only tank we will ever recommend. We have sold and installed many of these always with great success and feedback.
    @robc1976 another great review and pics!
    I agree, I love the tank design, you fill it up on one side and the feed tank gas baffles in it. The shell is thick to not cheap flimsy material. It is just professional. Most other tanks are just crap...they suck air, slosh ect.
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    I was like WTF is this lol!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

great tank! mine is currently sitting next to my bed. Click here to enlarge
    I couldn't take it....install it!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    Yes, I love my Howerton tank as well..!!
    You should mount your pump inside the tank to have a all-in-one design Click here to enlarge
    I prefer the pump under the tank....gravity fed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Damn. I have had the HFS-4 since it was first released. Installed it using my WW reservoir only to uninstall it after all the meth fire horror stories. Bought this tank and the necessary components to mount in the trunk over a year ago. Still haven't installed it. Can someone install it for me? Click here to enlarge
    come on down! I love installing meth kits. You should see my nozzle set-up....I need a intervention lol!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    I agree, I love the tank design, you fill it up on one side and the feed tank gas baffles in it. The shell is thick to not cheap flimsy material. It is just professional. Most other tanks are just crap...they suck air, slosh ect.
    I was like WTF is this lol!
    I couldn't take it....install it!
    I prefer the pump under the tank....gravity fed.
    come on down! I love installing meth kits. You should see my nozzle set-up....I need a intervention lol!
    FFS post whore. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

FFS post whore. Click here to enlarge
    ROFLMAO!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I like it, but why two tanks instead of one???

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    I like it, but why two tanks instead of one???
    one tank is to fill the other tank fills up as you fill and that is what supplies the meth and also has the baffle system to prevent air and sloshing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Where are you? Corpus?
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

whoa, the led in the tank looks really good. I like that a lot!
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Where are you? Corpus?
    Columbia IL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stucks Click here to enlarge
    whoa, the led in the tank looks really good. I like that a lot!
    Awesome feature!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast