Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

The filters were the first thing I noticed, but I kept looking around because I figured something like that would have already been available since it's so useful and ingenious.

I was even planning on going over to your site to pick a set up since I've been driving cowl/filterless for the past month.

Now it looks like I'm going to have to wait Click here to enlarge

Great ingenuity though! These things will sell like hotcakes.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SCGT Click here to enlarge
    Will this void my warranty? Does it pull timing on ACN91 with stock downpipes? Is it compatible with non BMW NA approved air fresheners?
    No but may cause serious throttle closure. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge This looks interesting. Nothing wrong with a little extra sound! Can't wait to add these with my BMS DCIs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr. Boost Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge This looks interesting. Nothing wrong with a little extra sound! Can't wait to add these with my BMS DCIs.
    I agree on the sound. Very interesting. Great idea Terry. Put me on your potential customer list as well.
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Íhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Trueform Tech Intake System | Tial BOV | Motiv PI Stage 1 w/AIC | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I like the thought process on this one but think the little filters might dirty up pretty quick. I would like to see a filter that goes inside the cowl connected to the HVAC intake with louvers on the cowl intakes but can see where that might be difficult to pull off.
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Nice! I'd definitely get a set.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I think the torrential downpours we get here in Miami on a nearly daily basis would ruin these things in a hurry. Good idea, though.
    335i Coupe, JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Terry, you should make them out of a washable cotton material like your S&B intake filters since they will probably get dirty fast (probably already thought of this, though).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

They are cleanable like a K&N filter. But, don't oil them, lol.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    They are cleanable like a K&N filter. But, don't oil them, lol.
    What about with stripper perfume?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

i just got a new air-con filter from ebay for 35$
    im going to chop it up and use a bigger piece of it to shield the filters from water.

lets see how thats gonna turn out

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

What about with stripper perfume?
    lol now that might work. When I pickup fresh air it seems like a bad mix of unburnt fuel, burning oil, and ethanol. Needless to say I'm on recirculate most of the time. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Just duct tape the openings and use recirculating AC......had it for about a year hear in miami...no issues.......i put the cowl back to go to dealership and as you know the summer season here my oil temps went up by 20...i didnt even look at IAT....let me know if you need pics.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 Click here to enlarge
    I think the torrential downpours we get here in Miami on a nearly daily basis would ruin these things in a hurry. Good idea, though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by neilvosko Click here to enlarge
    Just duct tape the openings and use recirculating AC......had it for about a year hear in miami...no issues.......i put the cowl back to go to dealership and as you know the summer season here my oil temps went up by 20...i didnt even look at IAT....let me know if you need pics.
    You ran no cowl, no A/C filter and only duct tape over the external A/C vents? What about water getting to the ECU box?
    335i Coupe, JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

i put a bit of gasket maker around the ECU lid "just in case" not issues.....as Terry from BMS mentioned, he has been running like this for a while.

You ran no cowl, no A/C filter and only duct tape over the external A/C vents? What about water getting to the ECU box?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Will this void my warranty? Does it pull timing on ACN91 with stock downpipes? Is it compatible with non BMW NA approved air fresheners? Wait, wrong forum...

Nice job. Clean, simple, great idea. Will purchase.
    You're so lucky I bothered to finish reading your post.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    You're so lucky I bothered to finish reading your post.
    Haha

I wouldn't be the one who looked like one of the 'tards on e90 post. Remember I'm the one who made the "BMW NA Warranty Dept" identity over there and seriously sent a significant percentage of the forum in search of blood pressure/anxiety medicine. Permaban /totallyworthit

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Thought you guys were supposed to have awesome weather?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Nope. Only coastal SoCal has awesome weather. The rest of the US weather sux.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@VAC Click here to enlarge
    Nope. Only coastal SoCal has awesome weather. The rest of the US weather sux.
    I guess I've found my place to live then. Just can't beat SoCal and I'm appreciating it more and more these days.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

I guess I've found my place to live then. Just can't beat SoCal and I'm appreciating it more and more these days.
    You should. I kinda sorta regret not moving there the 2 times I had great opportunities (college, job) Now that I'm an old fart I'm a bit anchored to this area for personal reasons. I really like this area of the US, but coastal SoCal (LA area gets my vote) is the nicest climate IMO. Anyways, sorry for the OT (lol)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    These look awesome and I'd definitely consider getting a pair once they're in production.

One suggestions though. How about incorporating some kind of shield that wraps over each cover and extends out at least an inch or 2 at a mild downward angle? That would stop any water from splashing onto the filter itself when it rains.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Not in the summer. Hot as hell and/or raining. "Winter" is pretty nice, though.

Enjoy your earthquakes. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by froop Click here to enlarge
    These look awesome and I'd definitely consider getting a pair once they're in production.

One suggestions though. How about incorporating some kind of shield that wraps over each cover and extends out at least an inch or 2 at a mild downward angle? That would stop any water from splashing onto the filter itself when it rains.
    Good idea. You should be able to cover most of the filter with a shield and it should still perform perfectly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Not in the summer. Hot as hell and/or raining. "Winter" is pretty nice, though.

Enjoy your earthquakes. Click here to enlarge
    They're over faster than your hurricanes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast