Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by weeensunn Click here to enlarge
    this was two summers ago when i got the asr's, promised me three weeks for the turbos and i waited 4 months. first set blew up, sent it back and waited another 4 months... those blew up too, sent it back again and they changed it to the watercooled housing. those... also blew up... i gave up because i couldn't contact abid. abid also offered to pay for one of the installation because he turbos kept blowing up.. till this day he still owes the shop that helped me install the ASRs.

OH yeah... and yes abid did tell me that they were ball bearing. He even put down the RBs telling me how they're old school technology and wouldn't perform as well as his.
    No idea you were following this Vince! Go back to vacation. But that pretty much says it all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Josh@Cobb Click here to enlarge
    Whoa... BB gets more looks from around than I thought. That's awesome!

Thanks for the tip Josh.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by imageautodetail Click here to enlarge
    I'm 99% sure that the Wisconsin guy meant to write presission dropped the ball not Garrett...they are advertised with Garrett internals with several upgraded parts...like I said abid has always been straight with me...the only ones that had BB were the prototypes...all emails I have from asr state what I was getting and that's what I got...I think there is a lot of so called facts being thrown around that have no actual truth behind and anyone that hasn't had dealings with said parties should really keep from posting...oh wait my bad...it's on the internet...it must be true
    Dude.... dude. If you're trying to defend ASR you're better off trying to bring peace to the Middle East.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by imageautodetail Click here to enlarge
    I'm 99% sure that the Wisconsin guy meant to write presission dropped the ball not Garrett...they are advertised with Garrett internals with several upgraded parts...like I said abid has always been straight with me...the only ones that had BB were the prototypes...all emails I have from asr state what I was getting and that's what I got...I think there is a lot of so called facts being thrown around that have no actual truth behind and anyone that hasn't had dealings with said parties should really keep from posting...oh wait my bad...it's on the internet...it must be true
    The only thing I agree with you on is. Yes most people see something on the internet and they automatically think its true without even using their own brain to look at what is being said. In this instance, the evidence seems to point to a pattern of behavior, making it much more believable.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lamia2super Click here to enlarge
    is yours that funky looking e90 i saw the other day?

@oddjob is in cali at the moment. last i talked to him he wanted to do a dyno for his stage1 then do the upgrade to stage2 next day and dyno to get the most accurate results. hes really a cool guy ppl

my car doesn't have a motor in it yet so ya
    You had an early set of ASR's didn't you? Were they not JB?
    [02/07 E92 335i 6MT] - Under Construction

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nitehawk Click here to enlarge
    You had an early set of ASR's didn't you? Were they not JB?

No mine were a later set that he made on his own that looked completely different(much nicer). I dont remember them ever being marketed to me as BB to me

Go look at my thread. I should have pictures of my set
    Last edited by lamia2super; 08-08-2013 at 03:04 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think that it is great this forum has people that bring poor business practice to the attention of the community and allows people the opportunity to defend themselves. Would be nice to hear from someone at ASR. I can't get over how anyone could be upset or even attempt to defend this company, how is it not a good thing that a company like this is brought to our attention? It'd be nice if there was a forum like BB for everything, not just cars.

I'm still sick over the M5's...and they're not even mine...
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    I think that it is great this forum has people that bring poor business practice to the attention of the community and allows people the opportunity to defend themselves. Would be nice to hear from someone at ASR. I can't get over how anyone could be upset or even attempt to defend this company, how is it not a good thing that a company like this is brought to our attention? It'd be nice if there was a forum like BB for everything, not just cars.

I'm still sick over the M5's...and they're not even mine...
    Unfortunately guys with M cars getting a lot of modifications are easy targets. They have money, trust the shop, and well time passes and they accept it as a loss and move on. It's makes it easy for Abid to rinse and repeat. I did my part to make it known though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Sticky are you letting him join the forum? Would like to see the rebuttable
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I never prevented him. He even has his old screenname he can use. There's nothing more I can do unless he wants me to log in and post for him.

Regardless, what is there to say? Just look at the M5's, look at what he did to @George Smooth whom he still owes money, there is nothing to spin. People like this will honestly just continue and muddy the waters trying to gain sympathy only to $#@! someone over again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Looks like he joined http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ng-is-now-here!

Unless that's not him
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Looks like he joined http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ng-is-now-here!

Unless that's not him
    It's him.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    FYI - Customer says he already has the free upgraded turbo set in hand from Abid and listed it for sale as a "brand new" set yesterday...interesting.
    Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (DO12/Aquamist Flow Sensor), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by scottp999 Click here to enlarge
    FYI - Customer says he already has the free upgraded turbo set in hand from Abid and listed it for sale as a "brand new" set yesterday...interesting.
    Good for Abid, he is trying to save a little face and actually sending someone a product. So lets look at it this way. IFFFF he didn't sell these turbos are bb units and they are indeed JB units. WHY on earth would he be sending people free turbos? If he was honest as he says from the beginning he would have nothing to make up for. Obviously he knew he did a lot of people dirty with the BB turbo bs and now he is trying to make it right. I give him credit for doing the right thing, even if its 3 years later.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think the customer has you to thank for the quick turn around. Even if he does not realize it. Click here to enlarge
    Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (DO12/Aquamist Flow Sensor), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why the $#@! does Abid have any customers?!?!?!?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234