Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    I wonder how his forum mouth piece feels now or how his going to talk his way around this.
    I was thinking the same thing.. Another count down for Odd Jobs arrival lol.
    09' M3 AA Gen 2 Level 2 S/C
    03' Viper Roadster- FBO
    10' X5M
    09' Cayenne GTS
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO
    13' F10 550i M Sport

Past:
    07' C6 Z06
    11' M3 Comp DCT
    10' C63 AMG
    10' SVT Raptor 6.2
    12' BOSS 302
    11' E92 335i
    09' C63 AMG -
    01' C5 Z06- White, FBO+Cam
    11' E92 335is- Sapp Blk
    08' E82 135i- Sapphire Blk
    10' Audi S5 6-Speed
    04' SVT Lightning
    08' E90 335i 6-Speed- Blk
    08' C63 AMG- Blk
    09' CTS-V Sedan- Blk Raven
    06' E60 M5 SMG
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is crazy

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Very sad indeed! I actually put a deposit down on them. He was supposed to have them ready in 2 months. Then it went on for 6months. Then he goes, another $1000 for the bb upgrade and ready in a month. Another 2 months go by and I called my credit card and they charged back!

in hind site... THANK GOD!!

bloody crook!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by badass335 Click here to enlarge
    Very sad indeed! I actually put a deposit down on them. He was supposed to have them ready in 2 months. Then it went on for 6months. Then he goes, another $1000 for the bb upgrade and ready in a month. Another 2 months go by and I called my credit card and they charged back!

in hind site... THANK GOD!!

bloody crook!
    Worship that money. you are one of few who get it back from him so I hear.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DFM Click here to enlarge
    Worship that money. you are one of few who get it back from him so I hear.
    He was pissed! Sooo pissed but I had all the supporting paperwork, and no product! Nothing he could do! I know there was another guy in New York that did a charge back and got his money back! I talked to him before I went ahead with mine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    How do people run businesses like this and get away for so long?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Horrible! This doesn't need to be tolerated at all
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    [02/07 E92 335i 6MT] - Under Construction

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Shiv is now on the other site saying 100% he knows they were BB turbos. I was like well Shiv since we have 2 examples here that are not, and were 100% supposed to be, I sure hope you have more then just you saying so to prove otherwise.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    sketchy news about ASR... well, let me remind u guys the moon is round.

They had a 540 whp white 135i back in early 09 beating a GTR my Ass
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well this is rich, Abid the awesome stand up guy he is. Just called and not only cussed out my office lady who is a sweet as could be, but he threatened physical harm and to sue us. For what Abid? I posted what I found. THATS IT! Your customer has to be upset, you sold him BB turbos and they were not. I have had these here for literally months. I never even researched enough to know they were sold as BB. I posted what I found, for you to be mad at me is absurd!

Direct quote from the ASR customer: "From what I was told these were suppose to be ball bearing turbos and not journal. I shined a flashlight to see just what these really were after I got questioned and sure $#@! they were journal bearing... So conclude advertised as bb but reality is there jb"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    classy classy classy.

Tony your day really is $#@!ty.

Hope it gets better brotha.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I have been working with abid for almost a year now with my upgraded turbo set up first the stage ones which i did have problems with because of the actuators being bad from forge, then upgraded to stage 2 which were advertised as jb with rebuildable garrett centers for upgrades etc ( dont know that much about turbos), blew those up and upgrade to stage 2 ported shroud, blew those up, come to find out the front turbo keeps getting damaged because of metal in intake that has been in the air filter. Infact my car is in miami now for abid to reinstall a new set of upgraded stage 2s...He had it shipped from kentucky and all replacements and upgrades he has done for no charge and in a timely fashion

I am not commenting on anybodys first hand dealings with asr, i wasnt there, so it would just be hearsay, I know he has done right by me and even with me getting $#@!ty with him he has always been cool and wanted to make things right

I do know that the quote from him has to be old because the pricing is so off, and it looks like the photos are a stage 1 turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    All it would take is just posting a couple pics of the GT-20's with bb internals, and some explanation of when and where the differences came into play. We would all stand corrected and move on. Again if an ASR rep is here, were just trying to get to the bottom of this. Mostly out if curiosity for me but I'm sure the customer would like an explanation as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    All it would take is just posting a couple pics of the GT-20's with bb internals, and some explanation of when and where the differences came into play. We would all stand corrected and move on. Again if an ASR rep is here, were just trying to get to the bottom of this. Mostly out if curiosity for me but I'm sure the customer would like an explanation as well.
    http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...091#post485091

that is, if it's actually them and not an elaborate troll.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Emails I am getting from Abid are honestly pretty amazing. I am now waiting to hear from his lawyer, him or his company in no way shape or form have to prove their product is anything other than what they say it is, but we as the consuming public cannot post what we find when we disassemble said product. That's pretty much the gist of it. Email Gold

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If it was touted as BB to the paying customer and proven later to be a JB setup - anything you receive will be a bunch of loose talk from Abid et al - no matter how fancy the letterhead it arrives on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Direct quote from the ASR customer: "From what I was told these were suppose to be ball bearing turbos and not journal. I shined a flashlight to see just what these really were after I got questioned and sure $#@! they were journal bearing... So conclude advertised as bb but reality is there jb"
    Tony - Just keep in mind that they look to be a secondary sale as the person said they did not install them, but they have 5000 miles on them from a tuning car.

Makes it more complicated because the original purchaser may have misrepresented to the person who has them now, and will be difficult to find out who they purchased from and how the original sale was represented.

August 1st, 2013:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by WiscoGB54115 Click here to enlarge
    I got these ASR twin turbo upgrade but, i have been to hesitant to put them in and my warranty is still good for quite sometime. I looking to sell them if anyone doesn't have a warranty and wants to spice up there BMW a bit.

Ill sell the turbos, procede tune, and can bus switching capabilities as a kit
    asking only $3,:cool!:500
    August 2nd, 2013:

For sale as of today is a twin turbo ASR kit for the n54. Kit includes Procede tune, can bus, and map switching capabilities. The turbos are the stock housings but, they are fitted with garret ball bearing insides. The kit was used on a tuning vehicle, no more than 5,000 miles were put on the turbos.
    Still possible that ASR sold them as a used set, but more likely they are secondary sale.
    Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (DO12/Aquamist Flow Sensor), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This platform has a lot of scammers. I was thinking about that... must be the combination of money plus high percentages of customers with no ability to get their hands dirty (i.e. just don't know) breeding an atmosphere which begs unscrupulous vendors to drag people over the coals. This should be decreasing as N54's are getting cheaper, opening up the door to a much higher number of gear heads who want a TT I6. I would predict the sunset on scams for this platform is coming... well, on this board anyway. Could probably sell blinker fluid upgrades on some other forums if one paid enough as a vendor. As some of the guys were stating in this thread earlier (fake ET's done with nitrous, etc. etc) it would be downright easy to make a multiple accounts using a proxy, establish credibility, then make a fake storefront selling to a few "customers" who report back great reviews... drum up some business... take the money and run. Caveat emptor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by imageautodetail Click here to enlarge
    I have been working with abid for almost a year now with my upgraded turbo set up first the stage ones which i did have problems with because of the actuators being bad from forge, then upgraded to stage 2 which were advertised as jb with rebuildable garrett centers for upgrades etc ( dont know that much about turbos), blew those up and upgrade to stage 2 ported shroud, blew those up, come to find out the front turbo keeps getting damaged because of metal in intake that has been in the air filter. Infact my car is in miami now for abid to reinstall a new set of upgraded stage 2s...He had it shipped from kentucky and all replacements and upgrades he has done for no charge and in a timely fashion

I am not commenting on anybodys first hand dealings with asr, i wasnt there, so it would just be hearsay, I know he has done right by me and even with me getting $#@!ty with him he has always been cool and wanted to make things right

I do know that the quote from him has to be old because the pricing is so off, and it looks like the photos are a stage 1 turbo
    is yours that funky looking e90 i saw the other day?

@oddjob is in cali at the moment. last i talked to him he wanted to do a dyno for his stage1 then do the upgrade to stage2 next day and dyno to get the most accurate results. hes really a cool guy ppl

my car doesn't have a motor in it yet so ya
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is getting honestly out of hand. I post some findings about some turbos from a company I 100% thought was out of business, and now I have some crazy person threatening my staff and now making personal attacks via email. @Sticky he is claiming you have blocked him from speaking on the matter (see below) can you please confirm this is not the case and let the guy speak his case. Let me say it again, ABID, ASR, whoever it is on here. We DO NOT CARE if your turbos are BB, JB, BBB, PB&J, all we did was post up that the set we found were JB, and another customers were JB. If there is a legit reason for this as they were sold as BB, then just let us know and we will stand corrected. But sending me emails like the one below, honestly it just makes me think you really are trying to hide something. Ok going back to work. Hopefully this will be over by the time I am done.

"Tony,

My assumptions about you not being very well educated seems to be just about right. If you actually did your research before you make your statements, you might learn a few things. You can not post on bimmerboost as new user unless an administrator unlocks your account and allows you to do so. My guess is Sticky will not allow that since it would contradict your whole thread. It only adds up if your smart enough to know how to add.

Thank You,
    Abid Siddiqi
    ASR Engineering"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I stand corrected:

The Turbos were bought directly from ASR and no matter at the end of the day I have two JB turbos that were advertised as BB.
    Used sale by vendor. Looks to be WiscoGB54115's issue with who he bought them from.
    Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (DO12/Aquamist Flow Sensor), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This is definitely interesting to say the least. I wouldn't trust a guy with a name like Abid anyway, lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Emails I am getting from Abid are honestly pretty amazing. I am now waiting to hear from his lawyer, him or his company in no way shape or form have to prove their product is anything other than what they say it is, but we as the consuming public cannot post what we find when we disassemble said product. That's pretty much the gist of it. Email Gold
    I would not worry much about it. If he has a laywer I'm sure he's busy dealing with all the claims against ASR.

Abid if want you to clear it up just post some photos showing your N54 turbos are ball bearing or at least that BB turbos existed at one point. I would also suggest taking the opportunity to address the bimmerboost members who claim you still owe them money and/or parts.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Unrelatedly, I will now be taking cash only orders mailed to a P.O. box of unverfiable origin, for some new magnetic bearing hover turbos which spool at idle, and can hold 30 psi to redline. I don't want to exclude anyone, so just send what cash you can and we'll work it out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast