Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

ASR more lies coming to the surface!

Not sure if anyone remembers but back a couple years ago ASR released some turbos they claimed were Dual BB Garrett CHRA's as one of the selling points. These turbos were $4999 and seemed to be very promising. Well I never knew they were touted as BB and I have had a set apart here for quite some time and they are indeed JB not BB, I saw a guy posting a set for sale as ASR BB turbo upgrades and started a discussion with him and explained the ones I had were JB. He did a little digging and low and behold his set one of the first ones 100% touted as BB were also JB. Basically Abid sold his upgrades as BB knowing full well they were not. How it took so long for this to come to light is beyond me. But honestly its pretty nuts. Here is his initial post claiming they are Dual BB turbos. I guess we can just add this to the list of ASR shadiness...Click here to enlarge

Direct Quote from Abid "I'm sure many of you know we have been working on the factory twin turbo upgrade kit for both the 335 and 135. It has been quite sometime under development, but we have just completed the tooling and machine work. Currently we are the only company that has successfully completed a bolt on turbo upgrade for these vehicles. The turbo's are designed to work as a factory bolt on replacement, without the dealer even knowing the turbos have been upgraded. No factory lines were cut or modified. The kit comes with CNC factory retrofit fittings for the lines. All stock intake plumbing and intercooler piping bolts back in place like factory.

We have fitted them on our 135 shop car, and will be doing testing this week. We will be dyno testing with everything in stock format with just the turbo upgrades at stock boost. Then shortly thereafter with all the bolt on's including custom fuel system that will be need for more than stock boost. These turbos are Dual Ballbeaing and flow double the airflow volume than the stock turbos and are capable of producing a peak of 550whp. The big plus is sustained boost rather than the spikes and drop off with stock turbos at stock boost levels and above. Intake, oil, and egt, temps will be much cooler than stock from the increased efficiency.

We will have pricing and availibilty once testing is complete, meanwhile enjoy the pics!"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

This guy sucks at life yet is still living to rip more people off. How has he not been put in jail or forced into hiding?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

everyone should just go nuts on his youtube channel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Wow that is pretty low. I am sure it goes on more than you think in this community because a good bit do not wrench on their own cars, so don't know this difference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Telling lies, breaking the law. Makes you think. What else is hidden? I wouldn't buy anything knowing that now. Even if his product was one of the best. Did he think he would get away with it. The way some people's brains function. Ofcourse, if what's been stated is true.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That story still doesn't beat the tuning company that said they had a turbo upgrade and just had a nitrous kit. Click here to enlarge That was even earlier than ASR's becoming active in the community.
    Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (DO12/Aquamist Flow Sensor), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

This guy is one of the biggest pieces of trash in the industry. Why he even is in the industry is beyond me.

Tony, any pics of the turbos?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by scottp999 Click here to enlarge
    That story still doesn't beat the tuning company that said they had a turbo upgrade and just had a nitrous kit. Click here to enlarge That was even earlier than ASR's becoming active in the community.
    Who was that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

VIP - Also in FL. They posted up pics of the single turbo kit on their car in early 2008 on a 335 Click here to enlarge PM'd you the thread link with pictures.
    Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (DO12/Aquamist Flow Sensor), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    People who've bought this turbo upgrade thinking it had BB turbos should consult an attorney in Florida and put ASR out of business.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From the end of the VIP single turbo thread in 2008:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMW_TT Click here to enlarge
    Did they ever get that turbo to run at all?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e90AW335i Click here to enlarge
    It was never even connected, they just sat it up there to make themselves look good. You know, the normal fraudulent crap that Jaque is known for....
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rideelement247 Click here to enlarge
    Long story. They scam people, do $#@!ty work, rip people off, ran spray on an 11.9 second pass they claimed was with exhaust downpipes and tuning alone and no NOS. They are just low of the low. They took $12k from a member on here as well as wrecked my 335i sedan I used to have.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by scottp999 Click here to enlarge
    VIP - Also in FL. They posted up pics of the single turbo kit on their car in early 2008 on a 335 Click here to enlarge PM'd you the thread link with pictures.
    Haha I remember them. They beat me to the 11s back in the day and claimed no nitrous. Were so full of it. Some unfortunate soul somewhere may still be running a "VIP" intake. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shiv liked Abid and ASR turbos. I believe he tuned that one white 135 with ASR turbos (550whp) that beat a gtr.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onesuperboi Click here to enlarge
    Shiv liked Abid and ASR turbos. I believe he tuned that one white 135 with ASR turbos (550whp) that beat a gtr.
    Shiv was backing them up until yesterday. Basically scolded me for saying the ones I had were not BB and that maybe they were not ASR's. He hasn't commented since it has been proven they were full of ish.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Shiv was backing them up until yesterday. Basically scolded me for saying the ones I had were not BB and that maybe they were not ASR's. He hasn't commented since it has been proven they were full of ish.
    Sounds par for the course. Hold a position until it becomes untenable, then take the opposite position.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This guy is one of the biggest pieces of trash in the industry. Why he even is in the industry is beyond me.

Tony, any pics of the turbos?
    Pictures of the ASR JB internals, and compressor wheel used. Left to right 14T / ASR / 15T. Its basically a tiny bit bigger then our stage 1 wheel and smaller than stage 2, but coupled with a huge turbine. Didn't make much sense.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 08-06-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    ^ No pics I see?
    I see the pics on my computer? I posted 2 of them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

I've been working with a customer running ASR turbos via email. He's blown up a few sets trying to run around 21psi. He says Abid told them they are good for 600whp, lol. Anyway this is disturbing news to say the least for those who bought them. But, I can't say anyone who knows ASR is surprised to hear it.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Abid screwed John at CES out of a very large chunk of change for never developing something he was supposed contracted and paid to do. Took the money and never repaid. Someone's ganna do something bad to him... of course I say that and look at Mert, allowed to roam freely on forums after he laid low for awhile. The greatest trick the devil ever has pulled is convincing the world he didn't exist.
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |
    | Nick G custom tune | 46mm Precision gate | 62# injectors | Dual 255's |

Goal to be the first GT35r E36 to: 30 psi, 140+ mph, < 6 second 60-130

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I wonder how his forum mouth piece feels now or how his going to talk his way around this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Very sorry for the people who did business with this dirty abid creature. Somebody needs to sue the $#@! out of his business, and put him out for good.
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    I wonder how his forum mouth piece feels now or how his going to talk his way around this.
    Who is the current ASR rep?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Who is the current ASR rep?
    Not really a rep just a guy that crops up in related posts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I see the pics on my computer? I posted 2 of them.
    Nevermind, see them now.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast