Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    13
    Rep Points
    17.8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    Custom Cobb tuned 535i

    The goal was to tune the car on 100 percent e85 for re-fill convenience.

    Previously ran the JB4 G5 iso with the BMS flash on the 100 percent e85. Was pretty happy with it, but something about the Cobb AP got my attention.

    Car is a 2008 535i with DCI, Dr. Euro DP's, ER CP, TIAL BOV, ER FMIC, NEW OEM HPFP, Full Blown Motorsports 340lph LPFP, Magnaflow cat-back exhaust.

    Baseline pull was 268whp/316wtq
    First tune was 438whp/476 wtq

    Car drove great. VERY smooth but I wanted a more linear powerband, so we put her back on the dyno a week later to try and smooth it out. In the end we got it much more linear with a few itty bitty extra ponies to ride along.

    Re-tune was 451whp/485wtq

    Not bad of numbers, and respect to those who have hit these numbers with a 91-93 octane/meth mix and/or mix of e85, but again, we wanted the convenience of filling up with one type of fuel.

    As far as codes, the only code we got was the 2AAE 'fuel pump' code. Please note that code I got previously on pump 91 and 93 octane, and so I thought it was my HPFP and/or LPFP, hence the reason for the new ones installed. But nope, still got the code. HPFP and LPFP pressure holds up well, and the message is of no concern to me.

    FBM is currently working on a solution for those who wish to run full e85 and I should hear more about it shortly.

    Also, no, I do not have the logs.

    Not sure if I have to resize the graphs but here you go.

    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    134
    Rep Points
    161.9
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Very nice numbers man Click here to enlarge Especially considering you're on factory turbos and no meth.

    So you said previously you were on the JB4 with the BMS backend flash, are these numbers from using the cobb exclusively?

    Also is yours a 6MT?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    13
    Rep Points
    17.8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135Hoser Click here to enlarge
    Very nice numbers man Click here to enlarge Especially considering you're on factory turbos and no meth.

    So you said previously you were on the JB4 with the BMS backend flash, are these numbers from using the cobb exclusively?

    Also is yours a 6MT?
    Thank You. Yes these numbers are solely with a Cobb AP tuned by LJ at Full Blown.

    Car is an AT

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    134
    Rep Points
    161.9
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Hope you've done the alpina tranny flash!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,932
    Rep Points
    2,823.4
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Nice numbers but that tune needs some polish, the wavy part of your graph is representative of some pretty heavy boost oscillations or you are overshooting the boost ceiling/requested boost absolute and the throttle plate is closing. If its oscillations, Tuning the WGDC PID tables requires a lot of fiddling, so they may just need your car for a few days to iron that out. But overall, nice numbers Click here to enlarge
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    131
    Rep Points
    112.4
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Great numbers! Take it to the 1/4, curious about this since we have the same car, I think 11s is within reach Click here to enlarge. Do you know why they used that pump instead of the one everyone else is using? Also do you happen to have a link to that lpfp? I am going 100% e85 for the same exact reason you did, hate standing there and mixing.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Everywhere west of the Mississippi
    Posts
    118
    Rep Points
    62.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Congrats, those are some impressive numbers! Running 100% E85 would be nice, but I need the flexibility to run year around. I see the draw though.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    13
    Rep Points
    17.8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    The oscillation I would assume is from perhaps the rear vac line being I haven't changed it out yet. Hoping to get back on the dyno again here soon.

    The FBM e85 kit isn't ready for release as we are still testing it on my car. I have a few maps I can run with the Cobb if I need to go back to pump has. So no worries there.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,202
    Rep Points
    31,315.4
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135Hoser Click here to enlarge
    Very nice numbers man Click here to enlarge Especially considering you're on factory turbos and no meth.

    So you said previously you were on the JB4 with the BMS backend flash, are these numbers from using the cobb exclusively?

    Also is yours a 6MT?
    Ditto very impressive numbers.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    28
    Rep Points
    64.6
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Pardon my ignorance but what is a ER cp ? I see you are FBI with intake, fmic, dp and catback lpfp and bov. I ask because I am trying to max out my stockers. So far at 390 whp on e30 with the only mod being a ets 5 inch fmic. Going to run dp's shortly. I think 400 + whp and 450 ftlbs is easily attainable with those two physical mods.

    harry

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,932
    Rep Points
    2,823.4
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Reputation: Yes | No
    @Ztuner, Evolution Racewerks Charge pipe.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    37
    Rep Points
    86.8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    next step rb's and this will be a total beast or a big single and it wil be a monster

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    19
    Rep Points
    56.5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    FBM makes some incredible products. Can't wait to see their LPFP solution.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    505
    Rep Points
    326.7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    One of the guys at Cobb had a E60 535i X drive. The car is still at Cobb.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    505
    Rep Points
    326.7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by WNF_335i Click here to enlarge
    next step rb's and this will be a total beast or a big single and it wil be a monster
    Or VTT and it will be a fast beast and reliable.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    13
    Rep Points
    17.8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by WNF_335i Click here to enlarge
    next step rb's and this will be a total beast or a big single and it wil be a monster
    FBM is also goin to put my car under the knife and upgrade the turbos. Hopefully during this winter.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    13
    Rep Points
    17.8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by biz77 Click here to enlarge
    FBM makes some incredible products. Can't wait to see their LPFP solution.
    Yea, they have a very creative team over there and definitely makes top quality products.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    37
    Rep Points
    0.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    HHide you know if this new pump kit will do for the e92 335i's as well? Keen to run on full e85 man.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,442.9
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MrNeef Click here to enlarge

    Car is a 2008 535i with DCI, Dr. Euro DP's, ER CP, TIAL BOV, ER FMIC, NEW OEM HPFP, Full Blown Motorsports 340lph LPFP, Magnaflow cat-back exhaust.

    Baseline pull was 268whp/316wtq
    First tune was 438whp/476 wtq

    Loving this a LOT, beautiful stuff in a 5 series

    What $$ approx (if it is not too rude a question) did your mods cost (say with the COBB tune and hardware)
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,442.9
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Ignore my costing request just did an estimate from the various websites, great stuff mate !

    Subscribed to this thread and "Would you believe loving every minute of it Chief"
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    13
    Rep Points
    17.8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dixchen Click here to enlarge
    HHide you know if this new pump kit will do for the e92 335i's as well? Keen to run on full e85 man.
    I believe they have something for each of the makes as far as the fuel kit. 135, 335, 535.


    As far as price for things paid. IIRC this is for every penny I spent on her.
    Rounded up on most items.

    Free from dealer New turbos
    $250 6 oem coils
    $600 Jb4 and DCi
    $760 switching to Cobb AP
    $500 for FBM tune
    $65 NGK Iridium Plugs
    $50 Oil change
    $650 Dr Euro Downpipes
    $975 Magnaflow catback
    $1000 ER Intercooler
    $250 ER Charge Pipe
    $240 Tial Bov
    $140 FBM340 (just the pump)
    Havent been charged yet for the e85 kit
    $360 Oem hpfp
    $700 Akebono Pads and Zimmerman Rotors
    $2200 Avant Garde m310 with Hankook tires
    $275 Vogtland Springs
    $700 SAT trans retrofit
    $850 Walnut Blast

    total install money I spent is about $1600 for what ever hardware I had installed.

    Did this all in 2 months of buying her.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    37
    Rep Points
    0.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    THanks, I will be in contact with them for this.

    Hey can you describe the boost response with respect to running the earlier JB 4 with a flash and now this COBB tune alone? If the results with those were good earlier what was better this time?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MrNeef Click here to enlarge
    I believe they have something for each of the makes as far as the fuel kit. 135, 335, 535.



    As far as price for things paid. IIRC this is for every penny I spent on her.
    Rounded up on most items.

    Free from dealer New turbos
    $250 6 oem coils
    $600 Jb4 and DCi
    $760 switching to Cobb AP
    $500 for FBM tune
    $65 NGK Iridium Plugs
    $50 Oil change
    $650 Dr Euro Downpipes
    $975 Magnaflow catback
    $1000 ER Intercooler
    $250 ER Charge Pipe
    $240 Tial Bov
    $140 FBM340 (just the pump)
    Havent been charged yet for the e85 kit
    $360 Oem hpfp
    $700 Akebono Pads and Zimmerman Rotors
    $2200 Avant Garde m310 with Hankook tires
    $275 Vogtland Springs
    $700 SAT trans retrofit
    $850 Walnut Blast

    total install money I spent is about $1600 for what ever hardware I had installed.

    Did this all in 2 months of buying her.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    13
    Rep Points
    17.8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    The jb4 was fine, I was just having partial throttle problems. Such as jerkiness and I felt that going back and forth with Terry was just wasting his time. Every car is different. Just like how some can run full e85, some cant even do 40pct. I just thought LJ could tackle it, being he is one of the tuners locally I trust on any platform.


    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dixchen Click here to enlarge
    THanks, I will be in contact with them for this.

    Hey can you describe the boost response with respect to running the earlier JB 4 with a flash and now this COBB tune alone? If the results with those were good earlier what was better this time?

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    453
    Rep Points
    662.4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Any idea when the fuel pump upgrade will be available to the public?
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    37
    Rep Points
    0.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MrNeef Click here to enlarge
    The jb4 was fine, I was just having partial throttle problems. Such as jerkiness and I felt that going back and forth with Terry was just wasting his time. Every car is different. Just like how some can run full e85, some cant even do 40pct. I just thought LJ could tackle it, being he is one of the tuners locally I trust on any platform.
    Ok you got a point here, your graph is definitely one of the best looking in terms of low end response. Hope my car can do full e85 soon!

    Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •