Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

boost leak? WGDC PID% maxed out and boost variances ~1psi. logs attached.

dont know if this should go in ATR or the datalogging w/ cobb thread but here it goes...

ran some more logs using stage1+agg ST and stage2+ sport ST.

showing variances between boost req and boost act in the range of ~1psi on stage1+agg and ~1-2psi on high rpm stage2+sport.

assuming there is a boost leak b/c this is over 0.5psi and consistently under target. see boost variance as red line in graphs. it is graphed on the primary axis.
    -can someone please confirm that this looks like boost leak?

also, on stage 2 at high rpm boost may be more under target than the stage1+ logs because WGDC_PID% is reaching its cap of 7% at MAF_req>1200kgh in the WGDC Adder table. Does a maxed out PID w/ boost variances like this indicate boost leak? Is maxed out PID bad if you dont see boost var or does that just mean you are maxin out your map and need to modify to allow more PID% addition?

just want to confirm my thinking here before i start hunting down boost leaks.

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Lots of people increase the values in the WG adder table I believe.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    Lots of people increase the values in the WG adder table I believe.
    yea, from what i was reading in the ATR thread, guys were raising the last value to ~15 to allow PID to add as needed to hit boost_req. will look into that once i figure out if boost leaking. not getting 30ff but confused by the -1psi under in the logs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Try raising your WGDC base table in the areas that you are falling short. This way the PID has more "headroom" to reach target. Make sure you are logging MAF Requested WGDC and also boost setpoint factor. Ideally speaking, you want PID to only have to add a small amount of WGDC ontop of your base WGDC to account for changes in altitude or air density (IAT temperature).
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge