Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

N54 DCT 335is & Cobb OTS E30 Map Log

Well I don't know what to say other than I cant wait to my car to the track tomorrow. Was out doing some rolls with friends tonight getting DME some time to adapt to the OTS E30 map I flashed on the car today. I feel like a kid with a new toy now, and anxiously waiting for ProTuning from Jake@PTF

Datalog Grapher tool provided by Zasquatch
    Click here to enlarge

This was done in 84f temps , 72% humidity, 1900+ DA. I am just day dreaming now of negative DA + PTF Protuning

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    quicker with the OTS e30? log looks great..

youre going to be mad you didnt make the switch earlier but what matters is you did ..... finally lol
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    quicker with the OTS e30? log looks great..

youre going to be mad you didnt make the switch earlier but what matters is you did ..... finally lol
    Feeling out something can be misleading, so the only way to know is to deal with facts and that will be going to the track to determine if it quicker or not.

Now yes I do feel a hell of a lot more power especially on the low end. Turbos start to kick in really early at 2300 RPMs at almost full boost

There are a lot of throttle closures and oscillations at first but after time the DME seems to have ironed them out. I am only getting slight throttle closure at post shifts

I have no regrets going with RENNtech, all happened for a purpose for me to be where I am right now Click here to enlarge . I wanted more power so I had to move on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats the OTS E30 map? You're holding 17psi to 6k, Nice. Most of the time it drops closer to 15psi from what i have seen. Very healthy logs indeed. All 6 cylinders happy? I usually graph my y axis to -10 to see any dropouts.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    goodluck!
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    at least going off cyl 1, you may need to up the ethanol content. your trims are plenty healthy so you got room to do it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    Feeling out something can be misleading, so the only way to know is to deal with facts and that will be going to the track to determine if it quicker or not.

Now yes I do feel a hell of a lot more power especially on the low end. Turbos start to kick in really early at 2300 RPMs at almost full boost

There are a lot of throttle closures and oscillations at first but after time the DME seems to have ironed them out. I am only getting slight throttle closure at post shifts

I have no regrets going with RENNtech, all happened for a purpose for me to be where I am right now Click here to enlarge . I wanted more power so I had to move on.
    didn't you also used to praise DINAN? It's kinda funny to see your fanboyism mature......from DINAN, to RENNtech, to COBB, to.........bb open source maybe?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bryce Click here to enlarge
    didn't you also used to praise DINAN? It's kinda funny to see your fanboyism mature......from DINAN, to RENNtech, to COBB, to.........bb open source maybe?
    It's funny what the mod bug can do to a person. Btw it not so much fanboyism it's about trust on my behalf.

When I was ready to step away from Dinan's tune, Cobb was not yet available for my car. When warranty concerns were not an issue anymore I took up the opportunity with RENNtech. I have nothing but good things to say about them, and now I have moved on where I initially wanted to go for more power to satisfy my "hunger"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bryce Click here to enlarge
    such a waste of money. but hey some of us got more dollars than sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    such a waste of money. but hey some of us got more dollars than sense.
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Ahhh, I wasn't aware COBB didn't have 335is maps out when you went RENNtech. If that's the case, I understand why you went that route. Too bad you couldn't have just gone COBB from the beginning. At least now you understand why most people have been trying to convince you to give COBB a shot.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you have a stock IC? Your IATs climb really fast.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    Do you have a stock IC? Your IATs climb really fast.
    I have the Dinan IC + Its South Florida, temps were like 85f and 65% humidity. It was one out of multiple runs done so the IATs already had some preexisting heat build on them

Click here to enlarge

When I do WOT runs I try to capture at least gears 2-6

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Wait till you get a protune....ots maps are crap, you'll be shocked how the protune feels. It's a waste to have cobb and never get a protune.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Wait till you get a protune....ots maps are crap, you'll be shocked how the protune feels. It's a waste to have cobb and never get a protune.
    If you know how to use ATR it isn't. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have the Dinan IC + Its South Florida, temps were like 85f and 65% humidity. It was one out of multiple runs done so the IATs already had some preexisting heat build on them

Click here to enlarge

When I do WOT runs I try to capture at least gears 2-6
    Odd. I'm in south Texas and its 100 here and my IATs don't rize that fast or reach that high. I have a Helix FMIC, fwiw.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I found the stock e30 maps to be very good. They are definitely aggressive. I just had to refine my WGDC and associated tables to hold a little more boost. I've since leaned it out to support E70 without dropping HPFP, and added a degree of timing in the midrange.

I think the E30 maps are really like 9/10 out of the box compared to other base tunes. On E30, to had to de-tune it because it was too aggressive for my fuel/car.

YMMV
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    If you know how to use ATR it isn't. Click here to enlarge
    True! I leave that to the experts
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    Odd. I'm in south Texas and its 100 here and my IATs don't rize that fast or reach that high. I have a Helix FMIC, fwiw.
    Helix is an awesome IC, no doubt. We have difference DA and difference humidity level. There is a local here with the Helix IC and he frequents the track as I do running the E30 map. I have noted his temps which would not be worth leaving what I already have.

If you can post a log from gears 2-6 end at @ 6k RPMs of your IATs ?

Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Doing a 30-135mph log a week ago with the Helix FMIC, same weather conditions, IAT's started at 96 and ended at 106.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Doing a 30-135mph log a week ago with the Helix FMIC, same weather conditions, IAT's started at 96 and ended at 106.
    What map ?
    What were the modification you did to it in ATR ?
    Timing ?
    Ambient Temps ?
    Boost ?
    Fuel Type / Octane ?
    Was it multiple WOT runs ?

If I hit road right now, and do a one or two WOT runs I will have the same results as you. I know this cause I have done it. I am just a bit more realistic about how I do things.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

What map ?
    What were the modification you did to it in ATR ?
    Timing ?
    Ambient Temps ?
    Boost ?
    Fuel Type / Octane ?
    Was it multiple WOT runs ?

If I hit road right now, and do a one or two WOT runs I will have the same results as you. I know this cause I have done it. I am just a bit more realistic about how I do things.
    -Custom map based off Stage2+A, slightly leaner and a bit more timing.
    -Ambient temps same as you
    -Boost same as you
    -93 octane
    -Yes. I always do 4 logs.
    -Basically, same setup as you with lower timing (Which dousn't effect IAT's anyway)

If you and me went logging right now, same speed, same start time, multiple pulls, I would have lower IAT's than you, because Helix is better at IAT supression than the Dinan. It's just a superior core in that department. I would really advise you looking into a better FMIC, because Dinan's stock connectors create unneccesary pressure drop and backpressure inside your intake tract. You could pick up a bit of power, and you wouldn't get timing corrections in every log. Have you seen the size difference? I have 13 charge rows while you have 8. I have smooth 3" inlet and outlets with smooth end tanks. It covers the entire front of the bumper and seals to the rad fan. It's just a much better design in every way.

Please, at least take my advice. You switched to COBB so I have hope Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

-Custom map based off Stage2+A, slightly leaner and a bit more timing.
    -Ambient temps same as you
    -Boost same as you
    -93 octane
    -Yes. I always do 4 logs.
    -Basically, same setup as you with lower timing (Which dousn't effect IAT's anyway)

If you and me went logging right now, same speed, same start time, multiple pulls, I would have lower IAT's than you, because Helix is better at IAT supression than the Dinan. It's just a superior core in that department. I would really advise you looking into a better FMIC, because Dinan's stock connectors create unneccesary pressure drop and backpressure inside your intake tract. You could pick up a bit of power, and you wouldn't get timing corrections in every log. Have you seen the size difference? I have 13 charge rows while you have 8. I have smooth 3" inlet and outlets with smooth end tanks. It covers the entire front of the bumper and seals to the rad fan. It's just a much better design in every way.

Please, at least take my advice. You switched to COBB so I have hope Click here to enlarge
    I agree 100% that its a superior product no doubt. Love the rounded bar design they developed in that IC. Will look into making the jump if all goes well on my side.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Lightbulb

-
    I am revisiting this, its always good to get some cross reference and apparently someone else running the Helix IC living in south Florida on the same identical aggressive OTS tune, temps are rather up there in the summer time.

Good thing for me it was really hot today like 95

Exhibit A: Local Area Temps

Click here to enlarge

Exhibit B: Real Time Ambient Temps

Click here to enlarge

5 WOT runs 30-140 mph, here is a log:

Click here to enlarge

Is it actually worth $1100 to jump ship for what I have to the Helix at this time ? I'll take it for free Click here to enlarge, no where better to test an intercooler but in Florida

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @BuraQ You will see a drop in IAT's if you switched. Wether it's worth the cost or not at this point is up to you. If I were you, I would be working on suspension with your $

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Helix is an awesome IC, no doubt. We have difference DA and difference humidity level. There is a local here with the Helix IC and he frequents the track as I do running the E30 map. I have noted his temps which would not be worth leaving what I already have.

If you can post a log from gears 2-6 end at @ 6k RPMs of your IATs ?

Thanks
    Sure, I will dig up a log. I'm 6MT, so it will end in 4th gear (120-130mph). My DA is worse than yours as its hotter, higher elevation, and also humid.

But, 6MT sucks in the 1/4 mile compared to both autos
    Change is constant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast