Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A lot of good reading in here. Thanks for everybodys advice on this. I never saw my self running meth couse I don't know much about it but I do read all the time and will research online to see what suits me.

If any member have b4 and after cry02 dyno numbers post'em
    Just curious...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    My friend did this on a supercharged M5 (think it was the E39 model)...... they did it as a quick "cheap" way of cooling both the fuel and at the intake (??).... the cost is quite low compared to Nitrous but a 10lb bottle of Liquid CO2 will only last around 3 x 1/4 mile drags... whereas a 10 lb bottle of the N2O lasts around 10 pops..

Now CO2 is really cheap to buy but the hassle of taking the bleeding tank out every few runs annoyed them and they took the system off. Overall, I think it is about 1/5th the running cost of N20

Further, the claimed HP gains using the CO2 were so spurious that they considered it a waste... at least with Nitrous if you are popping a 75 shot down the line you are getting a 75 shot plus the synergistic effects of the cooling EXACTLY where you want it..

I will ask for some of their DYNOS from that time

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

i know someone that sprayed nitrous in front of the IC and said it was a waste of nitrous. he ended up spraying it in the chargepipe
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lamia2super Click here to enlarge
    i know someone that sprayed nitrous in front of the IC and said it was a waste of nitrous. he ended up spraying it in the chargepipe
    Nitrous is better in your motor rather than on it.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Nitrous is better in your motor rather than on it.
    I agree! But it does a similar effect freezing the intercooler. Just sharing my .2 cents and I believe hotrod was the one of the first that sprayed the intercooler before going to the charge pipe
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12