Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Hahahahahahah....this is too funny dude. I think it's the other way around once ur married. At least for me, it sucks big time Click here to enlarge. Gotta get them $#@!ed up.... Kids $#@! it all up too.
    You can tell sticky isn't married lol....

I love the x5 m, more snow pics op, I bet a professional shot of the AW X5M in the snow would be epic
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35 Click here to enlarge
    Thank you! The weather in the pictures is the reason I went with an X5M over other ///Ms. We got 8" of snow today.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...3dc759d5-1.jpg
    I seriously laid by the pool and tanned yesterday lol.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    You can tell sticky isn't married lol....
    Not sure whether to use happy or sad face.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I seriously laid by the pool and tanned yesterday lol.

Oh it gets better, I took the picture of 8" of snow right before I posted it....12" of snow this morning and it's still coming down. My wife is out of town so I am loading up my girls (5&7yr old) this morning and we are going to go tear $#@! up in the X5M. They love the G force/feeling of acceleration with my G35 so I think they are going to love sliding around in the snow with the X5M, I was craving a slide session at about 9 last night but the kids were in bed Click here to enlarge I still have my summer tires on so sliding should be easy.

Click here to enlarge

I put the studded Nokian happilatta's 275/40 all around on the diesel last week so it should be ready for the snow.

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Sylvan Lake V35; 11-03-2013 at 11:24 AM.
    X5d tuned & Lowered
    X5///M Eisenmann exhaust & HRE 22"
    Sierra 6.2L Tuned & Lifted
    700hp G35

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not sure whether to use happy or sad face.
    Happy face bro
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Happy face bro
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    It has it's days....my wife is pretty cool for the most part. Of course after kids the sex went down hill our youngest is 5 now and it's starting to come around again. I miss the impromptu mid day sex or all day marathons.

What do you guys think about this. A local guy wants to trade me a 2008 M3 for our X5d my wife drives the diesel so I asked her about her opinion. She said sure but she gets the X5M and I get the M3. Which isn't a bad deal but after my G35 I wanted something that I wouldn't be so obsessed with modding. Most people in our area don't winter drive M3s either but I have driven lots of RWD cars in winter before with a good set of winter tires is would be fine. The other issue is its 6mt I hate driving manual trans cars in rush hour traffic so if it was DCT I think I would jump on it.
    X5d tuned & Lowered
    700hp G35

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35 Click here to enlarge
    It has it's days....my wife is pretty cool for the most part. Of course after kids the sex went down hill our youngest is 5 now and it's starting to come around again. I miss the impromptu mid day sex or all day marathons.

What do you guys think about this. A local guy wants to trade me a 2008 M3 for our X5d my wife drives the diesel so I asked her about her opinion. She said sure but she gets the X5M and I get the M3. Which isn't a bad deal but after my G35 I wanted something that I wouldn't be so obsessed with modding. Most people in our area don't winter drive M3s either but I have driven lots of RWD cars in winter before with a good set of winter tires is would be fine. The other issue is its 6mt I hate driving manual trans cars in rush hour traffic so if it was DCT I think I would jump on it.
    If it isn't DCT I'd say no. But then again, X5d to get an M3 is pretty sweet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That was my initial thought M3>X5d I guess he has 3kids so he said as a family they can't use the M3 and he parks it for winter so I get why he wants to trade. I only have 2 kids so it works for me and I would winter drive it the kicker is the DCT I have driven manual trans cars since I was 16 but I never lived in a big city and had to deal with insane rush hour before. Last year I rarely drove my G35 after spending a week in rush hour with it as a toy car a mt would be ok but not for a daily driver. My wife also grew up driving MT cars but she would rather not either...I guess my decision is made.
    X5d tuned & Lowered
    700hp G35

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That was my initial thought M3>X5d I guess he has 3kids so he said as a family they can't use the M3 and he parks it for winter so I get why he wants to trade. I only have 2 kids so it works for me and I would winter drive it the kicker is the DCT I have driven manual trans cars since I was 16 but I never lived in a big city and had to deal with insane rush hour before. Last year I rarely drove my G35 after spending a week in rush hour with it as a toy car a mt would be ok but not for a daily driver. My wife also grew up driving MT cars but she would rather not either...I guess my decision is made.
    Gord I still want a ride in the G35!!
    X5M is looking good!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    studded Nokian happilatta's
    Nokian are the best winter tires IMO.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I put the studded Nokian happilatta's 275/40 all around on the diesel last week
    Studded tired on an X5 = EPIC !

Wish the studs retracted automagically like on Knight Rider, then I could rock these in sunny LA!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alex325i Click here to enlarge
    Nokian are the best winter tires IMO.
    My wife just drove 3hrs in roads that "travel was not recommended" and she did fine. Now I am going to take her diesel 75miles to work(it needs the urea tank filled and no one in our town does it) so I will see first hand. My friend has a new QX56 on OEM 22" wheels that his wife drives and said the traction with the studded nokians was unbelievable. Like winter tires on steroids so after driving my ///M around town today I am looking forward in testing the capabilities on the nokians. It's not apples to apples driving the ///M to the diesel but it should give a good sense on the corners. My M slid like mad, I had to take traction control off because it was hard to even get going with it on and corners it would almost stop me when the ass end kicks out(which I like to do on purpose) so I might forget mounting my all season DWS and order another set of nokians after today Click here to enlarge
    X5d tuned & Lowered
    700hp G35

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My wife just drove 3hrs in roads that "travel was not recommended" and she did fine. Now I am going to take her diesel 75miles to work(it needs the urea tank filled and no one in our town does it) so I will see first hand. My friend has a new QX56 on OEM 22" wheels that his wife drives and said the traction with the studded nokians was unbelievable. Like winter tires on steroids so after driving my ///M around town today I am looking forward in testing the capabilities on the nokians. It's not apples to apples driving the ///M to the diesel but it should give a good sense on the corners. My M slid like mad, I had to take traction control off because it was hard to even get going with it on and corners it would almost stop me when the ass end kicks out(which I like to do on purpose) so I might forget mounting my all season DWS and order another set of nokians after today Click here to enlarge
    Ya I remember the traction control being crap on snow/ice. Good tires, DSC off and skill is how you drive a BMW in the winter. Real nice X5 by the way Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thank you, the Nokians are un-real I had no issues at all but judging by the speeds the other vehicles were traveling and the 5-6 vehicles i saw in the ditch it was slick out.
    X5d tuned & Lowered
    700hp G35

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I wrote this little story up for a G35 site that I have 5,000 posts on I thought I would share the story and mostly the pictures with you guys. Some of the pictures are the same as above and some facts are redundant to BMW people.

Two years ago I took a fancy new office job so my work day went from 4-6 hours/day to 10+ hours per day and it's in a different city than I live in so any free time I had to work on my car was pretty much gone. But let's skip that and talk about the car.

I started down the FI road in about 2006 with a Jim Wolf Technology JWT 530bb (twin GT25s) kit and that kept me happy for awhile at 370 then up to about 420whp. Then I needed more I went with a forged bottom end 3.8L sleeved block and a JWT 850bb (GT3071s) kit. I won't go too deep into the build but I ended up have a local guy rebuild the engine after a head gasket issue. It had pauter rods, cosworth bearings, Aries pistons 100mm based off of a Subaru piston. I had a Dynosity billet girdle added JWT C2 cams with JWT springs ferrea over size intake and exhaust valves with the heads ported/polished and ARP fasteners through out. I obviously had a long list of supporting mods and full standalone ECU that I won't get into but no corners were cut any where. I did the build myself for the most part with the help of a couple friends.

When I got the car tuned it made 625whp on 91octane fuel the tuner said it was begging for race fuel and he said an easy 750 and possibly 800whp he said the 625 was very conservative timing. My goal was right in the 600whp pump gas and 700whp range with race gas but I was happy with 625whp pump at the time and didn't bother with the race gas tune. When the tuner first asked me what i wanted out of i honestly told him it makes what it makes i told him 550 or higher would make me happy. So when he was done and said lets do a race gas tune, I thought I had better not push my luck I wanted to drive the car and I figured the 625whp would keep me satisfied until the next season when I would go for a race gas tune. After I had got used of 625 and a few trips to the track a race gas tune would give me something to look forward to.

It was late in the fall when I got the tune I took the car to the track on street tires on the first run the carbon fibre end cap on my cosworth intake blew clean off. Anyway I never got the slip but someone that saw it said I rolled to an mid 11sec with a turbo smoking like crazy I assume it needed a seal it had been smoking for awhile after full boost pulls was the only time I noticed it.

I went to change the oil and I noticed oil leaks every where and a power steering line rubbing the turbo. I tried moving the line and it snapped leaking PS fluid every where I also noticed a motor mount was toast causing the steering shaft to rub a turbo :suicide:

Anyway I was pissed off and pulled the car back in the garage and thought about it. I had less free time than ever and couldn't stomach taking it to or knew of any shops that I would trust to do the work so I decided to get rid of my head ache. Instead of suffering months and trying to sell it as is I decided to part out and put it back to stock. The whole parting out and selling everything was less than two months from start to finish I sent a few messages to guys I know and posted a few things on a small local Facebook page. I had guys waiting in my garage for parts as I pulled them off the car.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Tear down

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

New owner taking it away, I never did get it running again the new owner got a pile of stock parts and a shell.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

In the mean time I had bought my wife an X5 diesel that I really liked. Of course with nothing of my own I started modding it I had it tuned it was around 350hp and 525ftlbs it was lowered and some other minor mods.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

I had a 6.2L GMC Sierra Z71 crew cab all terrain edition to daily drive and I put a leveling kit on it and tuned it as well I soon realized it was stupid modding it and my wife's X5d. Neither were satisfying me at all.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

I went on the hunt for something for me. I wanted something already fast and with limited aftermarket support....I thought I could stop or at least slow down my modding addiction. I looked at Ford Raptors and Jeep SRT8s until I was with a friend that was looking at X5Ms we went for a test drive and I was hooked. My wife thought it was stupid if we had the same vehicle...I told her we could sell hers and get her something different and her tune suddenly changed so I picked up this..

They come with a twin turbo 4.4L V8 with 555hp and 500ftlbs my tuner let me drive his with down pipes and a tune it was insane so naturally a tune is coming in the spring and i gutted the OEM cats/down pipes no one else has tried this yet so its hard to say how effective it will be. I have lowering springs in the garage already along with some pearl orange calipers and I am waiting on a set of dimpled rotors to be ut and shipped. It has 22" HRE wheels and an Eisenmann exhaust on it.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

I put the factory wheels back on for winter they are actually at the powder coaters now getting powder coated gun metal.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

I will say I do regret not getting a race gas tune so I could see the cars true potential and I wish I would have got a good run at the track with a pump gas tune and a race gas tune with some decent tires on it.
    X5d tuned & Lowered
    700hp G35

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I got a comment on a G35/350Z site about having a 700hp car and selling it over a broke power steering line and a broke motor mount was stupid Click here to enlarge

There is much more to the story, I have broke multiple axles, drive shaft, 2 transmissions(they have weak syncros before 2005), a cam shaft, 2 head gaskets, clutches and the list goes on. The thing to note is I built 90% of the car myself with no power tools so it's not like I bought a bad ass car and when a power steering line broke I said I can't live with modded cars and sold it Click here to enlarge It was more like the straw that broke the camels back. I had pulled the built engine 4 times the stock engine twice and I figure the transmissions had been out 6 additional times replacing clutches or transmissions themselves and I forgot I pilot bushing once. I had 100s and 100s of hours into this car all of the polished aluminum under the hood was hand sanded and buffed by me. I think I just lost the love of the car, if I would have dropped it off at a shop and picked it up a fast car it might not have turned out the way it did.
    X5d tuned & Lowered
    700hp G35

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wrote this little story up for a G35 site that I have 5,000 posts on I thought I would share the story and mostly the pictures with you guys. Some of the pictures are the same as above and some facts are redundant to BMW people.

Two years ago I took a fancy new office job so my work day went from 4-6 hours/day to 10+ hours per day and it's in a different city than I live in so any free time I had to work on my car was pretty much gone. But let's skip that and talk about the car.

I started down the FI road in about 2006 with a Jim Wolf Technology JWT 530bb (twin GT25s) kit and that kept me happy for awhile at 370 then up to about 420whp. Then I needed more I went with a forged bottom end 3.8L sleeved block and a JWT 850bb (GT3071s) kit. I won't go too deep into the build but I ended up have a local guy rebuild the engine after a head gasket issue. It had pauter rods, cosworth bearings, Aries pistons 100mm based off of a Subaru piston. I had a Dynosity billet girdle added JWT C2 cams with JWT springs ferrea over size intake and exhaust valves with the heads ported/polished and ARP fasteners through out. I obviously had a long list of supporting mods and full standalone ECU that I won't get into but no corners were cut any where. I did the build myself for the most part with the help of a couple friends.

When I got the car tuned it made 625whp on 91octane fuel the tuner said it was begging for race fuel and he said an easy 750 and possibly 800whp he said the 625 was very conservative timing. My goal was right in the 600whp pump gas and 700whp range with race gas but I was happy with 625whp pump at the time and didn't bother with the race gas tune. When the tuner first asked me what i wanted out of i honestly told him it makes what it makes i told him 550 or higher would make me happy. So when he was done and said lets do a race gas tune, I thought I had better not push my luck I wanted to drive the car and I figured the 625whp would keep me satisfied until the next season when I would go for a race gas tune. After I had got used of 625 and a few trips to the track a race gas tune would give me something to look forward to.

It was late in the fall when I got the tune I took the car to the track on street tires on the first run the carbon fibre end cap on my cosworth intake blew clean off. Anyway I never got the slip but someone that saw it said I rolled to an mid 11sec with a turbo smoking like crazy I assume it needed a seal it had been smoking for awhile after full boost pulls was the only time I noticed it.

I went to change the oil and I noticed oil leaks every where and a power steering line rubbing the turbo. I tried moving the line and it snapped leaking PS fluid every where I also noticed a motor mount was toast causing the steering shaft to rub a turbo :suicide:

Anyway I was pissed off and pulled the car back in the garage and thought about it. I had less free time than ever and couldn't stomach taking it to or knew of any shops that I would trust to do the work so I decided to get rid of my head ache. Instead of suffering months and trying to sell it as is I decided to part out and put it back to stock. The whole parting out and selling everything was less than two months from start to finish I sent a few messages to guys I know and posted a few things on a small local Facebook page. I had guys waiting in my garage for parts as I pulled them off the car.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...1d980762-1.jpg

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...IMG_9697-1.jpg
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...IMG_9695-1.jpg
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...IMG_9743-1.jpg

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...IMG_9727-1.jpg

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...IMG_9676-1.jpg

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...IMG_9687-1.jpg

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...IMG_9726-1.jpg

http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...IMG_9717-1.jpg

Tear down

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...13bff019-1.jpg
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...b8419eee-1.jpg

New owner taking it away, I never did get it running again the new owner got a pile of stock parts and a shell.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...f0852132-1.jpg
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...0239a330-1.jpg

In the mean time I had bought my wife an X5 diesel that I really liked. Of course with nothing of my own I started modding it I had it tuned it was around 350hp and 525ftlbs it was lowered and some other minor mods.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...7ae4339a-1.jpg
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...79f7a01e-1.jpg

I had a 6.2L GMC Sierra Z71 crew cab all terrain edition to daily drive and I put a leveling kit on it and tuned it as well I soon realized it was stupid modding it and my wife's X5d. Neither were satisfying me at all.

http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...7/photo1-2.jpg

http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...7/photob-1.jpg

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...1/photoa-1.jpg

I went on the hunt for something for me. I wanted something already fast and with limited aftermarket support....I thought I could stop or at least slow down my modding addiction. I looked at Ford Raptors and Jeep SRT8s until I was with a friend that was looking at X5Ms we went for a test drive and I was hooked. My wife thought it was stupid if we had the same vehicle...I told her we could sell hers and get her something different and her tune suddenly changed so I picked up this..

They come with a twin turbo 4.4L V8 with 555hp and 500ftlbs my tuner let me drive his with down pipes and a tune it was insane so naturally a tune is coming in the spring and i gutted the OEM cats/down pipes no one else has tried this yet so its hard to say how effective it will be. I have lowering springs in the garage already along with some pearl orange calipers and I am waiting on a set of dimpled rotors to be ut and shipped. It has 22" HRE wheels and an Eisenmann exhaust on it.
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...c88f2f94-1.jpg
    http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...168b1f78-1.jpg
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...680bee95-1.jpg

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...6eaaad6f-1.jpg

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...f897d17f-1.jpg

I put the factory wheels back on for winter they are actually at the powder coaters now getting powder coated gun metal.

http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...8e05958d-1.jpg
    http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...543fce04-1.jpg

I will say I do regret not getting a race gas tune so I could see the cars true potential and I wish I would have got a good run at the track with a pump gas tune and a race gas tune with some decent tires on it.
    I don't know how I missed this. Talk about an epic post...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks Sticky, I often regret not getting the race gas tune to really see what it could do. But I am starting to pick up steam with modding the M I have some stuff on order and an appointment to get some stuff installed.
    X5d tuned & Lowered
    700hp G35

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thread bump for Sylvan and details of your cat gutting results vs spending $1300-$3100 for catless pipes. I've written you on XBimmers as well, so hopefully this email response comes through Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12