Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

OK so I started hacking away at the JB4 map using the TP software. Something went wrong with the AFR, lol. I'll have to figure it out. But things are getting back to normal! Click here to enlarge

PS. I used the partial write and it uploading the flash map in less than 2 minutes. Open source FTW.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Awww snap!
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

I see the AFR problem. TP is retarded. It doesn't save the table unless you close and "commit" the change. Saving the BIN doesn't save all open tables. Corrected. Will relog tonight. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blaster3500 Click here to enlarge
    I find it very funny that the first logs I have seen from the tablet are from terry. Like you said I am sure shiv wont be open with the maps much longer.
    lol I guess that is a bit sad. Not only are the first logs from a JB4 but they were loaded using a free open source cable whose development was only started when it was announced the tablet would be VIN locked a month ago. Shiv was very hung-ho on open development so hopefully he doesn't change his "tune" now that he won't be directly compensated for his work. As for "ROMBinHood" not wanting to work for free. If he had taken the communities advice on what to release he might have found his product to have a longer shelf life.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

so excited about this. I bought Sleepydub's old BT cable so I should be equipped soon - provided he didn't just jack me forr $160... Hasn't responded to the PM or paypal email. >:-/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    lol I guess that is a bit sad. Not only are the first logs from a JB4 but they were loaded using a free open source cable whose development was only started when it was announced the tablet would be VIN locked a month ago. Shiv was very hung-ho on open development so hopefully he doesn't change his "tune" now that he won't be directly compensated for his work. As for "ROMBinHood" not wanting to work for free. If he had taken the communities advice on what to release he might have found his product to have a longer shelf life.

well in rombinhoods defense shiv had all the xdf files for him wrapped in a neat package. if shiv didnt provide him with those def files that whole project would be stuck in purgatory.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    well in rombinhoods defense shiv had all the xdf files for him wrapped in a neat package. if shiv didnt provide him with those def files that whole project would be stuck in purgatory.
    I know others have the XDFs. But, getting them from Shiv did speed things along greatly. Still, the VIN lock did them in IMHO.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Speaking of Shivs XDF Files, he didn't do a very good copy of Cobb's on a few tables. Some of the values of the axes were so far off or just completely missing - like all zeros.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

I know others have the XDFs. But, getting them from Shiv did speed things along greatly. Still, the VIN lock did them in IMHO.
    hey at least his tablet customers have a device to flash with. Click here to enlarge if they'll ever get proper datalogging or partial writes? depends on how much money they make.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yeah, in retrospect it was a waste. But, no sense crying over money spent. I've got probably $100k in spare connectors and components floating around for products we never released or are yet to release. It happens.

On the tablet profit, my best guess is Shiv is paying around $250 to allow sufficient profit for ROM. I think the real loser in this is Adrian @ Vishnu who I suspect is paid as a function of procede sales. Since shiv is throwing his weight behind the tablet now he's essentially thrown Adrian under the bus.
    adrian has already announced that he will be the official distributor of the OF Tablet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirty Dog Click here to enlarge
    adrian has already announced that he will be the official distributor of the OF Tablet.
    Distribute them to whom?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Distribute them to whom?
    Umm. No. Wrong dumpsters.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

All i gotta say is , wow.....

Ugliest logs T has ever posted :}

And LMFAO at the picture , has there been anything said over there regarding this? Or its just delete/ban upon any referencing of this open source project?
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Looking at it more carefully I think I accidentally loaded his "Stage0" map instead of the stacker map. Regardless I've gone through and made most of the changes I need for the JB4 map to my BIN. Now I just need to figure out how to turn that in to an IJE0S patch file and we'll be in business here. Not having the 3D scalar is a headache but we can work around it for now.

** EDIT ** OK I think I figured out the patch thing. It seems I need to go in and manually define each table changed, its memory start location, and the values to stuff in it. Then when the patch is "run" all the system is doing is going to that memory location and writing those hard coded values. Looks like the patch values are entered in HEX but the table values are in decimal format. Super awesome! There has to be a utility that makes this patch file for you. I'll keep searching.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 07-30-2013 at 01:01 AM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Looking at it more carefully I think I accidentally loaded his "Stage0" map instead of the stacker map. .
    That's what I was going to say......the backed procede fuel flash would only be relevant for fueling and let the piggy manage the other things.

When I stacked it with my Procede......the piggy was still calling all the shots - not the flash.

Any idea of which tables control boost?

The "load" concept is greek to me and most of the tables in TunerPro are either load or WGDC tables.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

The tuning all works the same was as Cobb ATP if you've used that. There are no boost targets. Rather, load targets. And everything is mapped on load.

I'm still trying to learn TP but figured out to make the patch file I simply need to edit the XML file adding an entry for the table I want it to "overwrite". At the moment I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to take my table changes and convert them to the proper XML format needed. I may write a small program to do it for me if I can't find one.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

So I'm getting the hang of making these patch files. I made a simple app just to facilitate the process but there is no reason this can't be fully automated with maybe a day or two of programming time. I think this would be the easiest approach:

1) The App opens a tuned BIN and does a byte by byte comparison of the tuning data to an unmodified BIN.
    2) For each changed byte it creates an XML entry in the XDF file with the address and byte to be saved. Open one of Shiv's XDF files to see the format.
    3) This is assuming there is no limit to the number of patchfile entries that can be made in an XDF file. Doing one for each byte makes programming easier but may overload the file / process. If there is a limit then we'll have to group adjoining bytes together in to a single entry. If we're really clever we could have it group entire tables.

I'd guess such an app either already exists (and I can't find it) or robinhood wrote one like it for himself.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

I will take a look at the XDF format. Will have to be later this evening.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

You can email me for a sample tuned BIN and stock BIN to use as examples. But looking at Shiv's files gives you everything you need to know. This utility will be awesome for the community. Because then anyone can make an XDF including patches based on mapping changes they have made and just post or email that XDF to share maps. Working on this you can see why Cobb went the way they did, replacing the entire section 3 w/ a canned per DME version. But, building an infrastructure around that is probably too much work at the moment.

***EDIT*** I have a better idea. Check my latest post in the open source section. Let's combine tuned files outside TP to make this seamless for the end user.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 07-30-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Back to subject at hand. I loaded up the correct procede stacker map. The last set of logs were actually on Stage0 despite the patch file staying stacker. Anyway, same old timing flatline here. Map is very similar to our first stacker map and is suitable for MTs but lacking for ATs.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

In case you haven't came across it yet, there is a "difference tool" in TP that compares two bins and shows you all the fields that are different (and allows you to patch them over). Seems like it is not exactly what you were looking for, but I thought I would throw that in.
    2008 335I E92, AW, VFF700, 18" Forgestar F14, M3 front/side, M-tech rear, AMS IC, H&R Touring Cup Kit suspension, HID AE, ER Charge Pipe & Synapse BOV, CIC Retrofit, Quafie, DSS, Defiv Lockdown, SPEC 2+/Steel SMFW, Walbro 450

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Not sure if this is what your looking for but Beyond Compare is a pretty cool tool. You can compare all types of files and export a change log.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I wonder where Shiv got the files? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The tuning all works the same was as Cobb ATP if you've used that. There are no boost targets. Rather, load targets. And everything is mapped on load.
    Wow, talk about mere coincidence! Click here to enlarge

Hello, anybody awake, yet? Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast