Thread: new to cobb datalogging - advise
07-29-2013, 02:18 PM #1
new to cobb datalogging - advise
done some research and analyzed myself. a few questions.
1. Load_act: am I too far from target? what kind of variances should i investigate?
2. AFRs: settle to ~12.05-12.2 WOT .... good enough?
3. Timing: curves look alright from what i can tell...am i wrong?
4. Boost: ~18 tapering to 12.5psi ... isnt this a little high for cobb stg2+ sport (~16 tapering to 12.5)?
5. w/ AMS intercooler, 85*/65% humidity are temps like this expected?
6. i am under the assumption that the timing corrections across multiple cylinders right at onset of WOT are norm...tell me if i am wrong.
any other insight would be helpful.
07-29-2013, 05:50 PM #2
1: Load Target is a bit misleading. Think of it more as load ceiling. When you hit or exceed load target you can will start seeing issues. Load is based on boost, so as long as boost mean abs is keeping up with requested boost you're good.
2: AFRs are where the DME want them. Good to go.
3: Again, Timing is where it should be based on timing targets and correction factors.
4: You're getting some mild spikes of overboost and that's where you seeing those 18psi values. A little based table messaging will solve this. Check the ATR sticky and give it a read and it's explained there a few times. If you still have any questions please feel free to ask.
5: Even with a good FMIC there's only so much it can do with hot temps and high humidity.
6: Timing corrections are a little tricky. Yes, at WOT onset and while boost is ramping up timing corrections are more likely than during the pull after everything has "leveled off." As long as things don't get crazy then you're ok.
MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.
07-29-2013, 09:47 PM #3
thanks rader1. your sticky on datalogging is awesome. appreciate your time.
07-30-2013, 02:18 PM #4Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2012
- Rep Points
- 27 Post(s)
- Rep Power
07-30-2013, 03:17 PM #5
hey nice datalog grapher!
08-03-2013, 12:20 PM #6Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338