Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Question 3.0i and 2.5i intake manifold

Hi all,

I'm new here and wanted to ask some questions to people who maybe had experience with these things.

Also I am here if anyone has a question for me, i'm a mechanic at a Mercedes dealership but I ride a 02/02 e39 530i straight 6 with 170Kw and 300Nm torque.

My intake manifold (m54b30) is no longer in the best shape, I have a possibility to buy a good used one for 250 bucks including injectorrail, injectors, CCV, charcoal canister, wire-looms, 6 coils,... everything attached but... it's from a 525i (m54b25) in the ETK alot of parts have different part numbers than mine.

Does anyone know that these parts are identical and have different part numbers for logistic purposes or that they are actually different? IMO it all looks the same...

Thanks alot!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I have a complete intake manifold from my 04 Z4 3.0i. I also have the injectors and shorty headers as well if you're interested. Both in great shape!

Took them off when I put an ESS TS2 kit on it. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks 1zed4 but the guy with the m54b25 manifold lives 50 miles away from me, and you... a couple of thousands? :p

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Haha ya. Get on Bimmerpost.com that's your best bet to finding stuff for the M54, also e46fanatics. There's a lot of ass hats on there so I usually use it just for information gathering.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 1Zed4 Click here to enlarge
    Haha ya. Get on Bimmerpost.com that's your best bet to finding stuff for the M54, also e46fanatics. There's a lot of ass hats on there so I usually use it just for information gathering.
    Are you kidding me? Bimmerpost has weak E46 knowledge and is nowhere near the best forum for M54 parts.

Secondly, he isn't asking what forum to go to or where to buy parts he says he already has a guy selling him parts and is asking if they fit.

READING COMPREHENSION

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Are you kidding me? Bimmerpost has weak E46 knowledge and is nowhere near the best forum for M54 parts.

Secondly, he isn't asking what forum to go to or where to buy parts he says he already has a guy selling him parts and is asking if they fit.

READING COMPREHENSION
    I was referring to e46fanatics for info gathering, when I was on zpost i was usually on e46fanatics for question answering. Also, I wasn't telling him to go anywhere to buy parts, I was telling him to go there for info.

READING COMPREHENSION

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 1Zed4 Click here to enlarge
    I was referring to e46fanatics for info gathering, when I was on zpost i was usually on e46fanatics for question answering. Also, I wasn't telling him to go anywhere to buy parts, I was telling him to go there for info.

READING COMPREHENSION
    He was asking if it fit not where to go so I don't appreciate it once again. Especially the referencing bimmerpost for M54 info which is completely idiotic that would be the last BMW forum to look for it.

Regardless, maybe you should help him with his question? READING COMPREHENSION.

Anyway @nicklowrey the manifold should fit although the M54B30 factory manifold is slightly larger. They are different parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ok, I didn't want to cause an argument. Thanks for the help I got from both of you Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nicklowrey Click here to enlarge
    Ok, I didn't want to cause an argument. Thanks for the help I got from both of you Click here to enlarge
    No argument, just a friendly misunderstanding. Good luck!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    b25 and b28 uses a 2.75" (OD) throttle body, b30 uses 3" (OD). Intake manifold with proper TB attached is a direct bolt in swap however the tuning is different for the different size throttle plate and therefore different control of the ICV. Will it swap, yes, with a custom tune but to answer your question will it swap with no changes other than the hardware, no.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    And no you can't just swap the throttle body, the manifolds fit only the matching TB

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by A4RingedONE8T Click here to enlarge
    b25 and b28 uses a 2.75" (OD) throttle body, b30 uses 3" (OD). Intake manifold with proper TB attached is a direct bolt in swap however the tuning is different for the different size throttle plate and therefore different control of the ICV. Will it swap, yes, with a custom tune but to answer your question will it swap with no changes other than the hardware, no.
    Good info.