Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Cobb e30 map with 30FF logs

I recently switch to the Cobb e30 map and during some recent runs I got a 30FF code but the car didn't lose any power. I pressure test the system from the intake side and didn't hear any leaks. So I wonder if the map is just too aggressive for my car without being protuned. I have a 2007 e90 with 111k mods are afe dci, aa dps, aa sport intercooler, and cobb ap. I live SC and it's hot usually around 80-90 degrees. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also I have ATR downloaded but haven't really messed with it. Logs are attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    You are over boosting between about 3,600 and 4,600 RPM as well as under boosting from about 5,000 RPM on. You can start by tweaking the WGDC Base in ATR, but you will need to log a couple more parameters to see where to start on the WGDC table. Please add MAF Req. (WGDC) (g/s) and Boost Setpoint Factor (Factor) and post new logs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Added the 2 parameters and log a few runs. I got the 30FF on each run.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Please open the E30 map you are using in AccessTuner Race.

Open the WGDC Tables folder under Boost control tables

Click on WGDC Base

Go to the cell that corresponds to Factor 2.4 and MAF Req. 240. Change the 58 to a 55
    Go to the cell that corresponds to Factor 2.4 and MAF Req. 280. Change the 58 to a 55
    Go to the cell that corresponds to Factor 2.4 and MAF Req. 320. Change the 58 to a 56
    These changes should take care of your overboost between ~3,400 and ~4,700 RPM.

Go to the cell that corresponds to Factor 2.4 and MAF Req. 400.0 Change the 50 to a 58.
    This will be an attempt to increase WGDC and boost where you are currently seeing your under boost code.
    Save this map with a different name or revision number so you can revert back easily if need be.

Please try these small changes and log again. Let us know if anything changes. If you still get the 30FF code, you will want to delve into a mechanical check of vacuum lines for the wastegates and pressurized connections for possible leaks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Got more logs with the updated tables. Looks like the overboost is still there but at least I know what values to change. I'll keep decreasing in small increments and let you know the results. Thanks for your help and for looking at my logs.