Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

No one is slinging "$#@!" you are being ridiculous. Stop being an attention whore and let the thread presume with the IMPORTANT information it was intended for.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    LOL, you're a $#@!ing tool bag. I knew you were going to turn into one of "those guys" when i saw you posting 5 times a day on E90post asking which turbos you should go with. Think for yourself man, do your own research and make an educated decision. Don't ask everyone what to do, pay someone to do all of the work, then hunt down opposing vendor threads to subject us to your nonfactual opinion of why your purchase makes more sense than someone elses.

\rant.
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    @VargasTurboTech can you reiterate what levels are safe, what is going to lead to premature wear, and what is unacceptable?

I don't feel like reading through all those posts and having it stated in more places will help more people and tuners not destroy their expensive upgraded replacements.
    Are we really here again? The safe levels for these turbos have been stated over and over and over. Run just about whatever you want down low as long as you don't go over 25 psi, and trying to hold more then 17 psi to redline is what is really going to shorten life. Also both of our cars in the Bfest booth were RB cars, both on their second set, one of them smoking so bad he couldn't drive it anymore the others were getting loud. Both of them are track cars, and run them hard. We do not know why it seems so many sets of RB's fail so early. But we all know how hard it is on these stock frames to push them hard. Those stock thrust parts were NEVER designed for high performance applications which is why the upgraded thrust parts are available, because the thrusts in TD04 were a known issue above certain levels. They make different upgraded thrust parts. The cheaper ones have the extra oiling hole, to provide some extra lubrication and more cooling, but still use the bronze thrust. The upgraded thrust parts we use are only available from one company and are the only ones offering an alloy thrust. They are not cheap. We basically make zero on those parts and offer them because we feel they are needed at the levels these turbos are going to see. We very well may stop offering them as an option and just add the $300 to the price. You would be surprised at people who are concerned about $300, yet want a long service life. Rb's are great and make good power, but batch 2's are going to be better turbos. I stated many times, I thought batch one would offer similar power levels as RB's and last longer. I am stating now, Batch 2's will offer increased power levels and last longer. Better wheel design, and billet wheels goes a long way. Yes Rob is on the other site saying they look nice and thats it. Right Rob, tell that to Garrett when they charge $500 for a GTX wheel, change nothing else and the turbo supports 50 more HP. 99% of our batch 1's are still on the road and running great, which means happy customers. We are confident batch 2 will provide the same high level of satisfaction. We all know 07tundra is a troll and nerver stops posting in my threads with his RB agenda. Its fine, he is happy with what he has on his car, and lets everyone know. That's pretty much all you can ask for as a customer, so I am not mad at him

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    @VargasTurboTech can you reiterate what levels are safe, what is going to lead to premature wear, and what is unacceptable? I don't feel like reading through all those posts and having it stated in more places will help more people and tuners not destroy their expensive upgraded replacements.
    500whp on a DD tune and running it hard isn't advisable for longevity. 450-475whp is a much better goal. Jake set 60% WGDC as the limit. When we hit 60% WGDC we were at ~470whp and I was happy with that so we called it a day.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Are we really here again? The safe levels for these turbos have been stated over and over and over. Run just about whatever you want down low as long as you don't go over 25 psi, and trying to hold more then 17 psi to redline is what is really going to shorten life. Also both of our cars in the Bfest booth were RB cars, both on their second set, one of them smoking so bad he couldn't drive it anymore the others were getting loud. Both of them are track cars, and run them hard. We do not know why it seems so many sets of RB's fail so early. But we all know how hard it is on these stock frames to push them hard. Those stock thrust parts were NEVER designed for high performance applications which is why the upgraded thrust parts are available, because the thrusts in TD04 were a known issue above certain levels. They make different upgraded thrust parts. The cheaper ones have the extra oiling hole, to provide some extra lubrication and more cooling, but still use the bronze thrust. The upgraded thrust parts we use are only available from one company and are the only ones offering an alloy thrust. They are not cheap. We basically make zero on those parts and offer them because we feel they are needed at the levels these turbos are going to see. We very well may stop offering them as an option and just add the $300 to the price. You would be surprised at people who are concerned about $300, yet want a long service life. Rb's are great and make good power, but batch 2's are going to be better turbos. I stated many times, I thought batch one would offer similar power levels as RB's and last longer. I am stating now, Batch 2's will offer increased power levels and last longer. Better wheel design, and billet wheels goes a long way. Yes Rob is on the other site saying they look nice and thats it. Right Rob, tell that to Garrett when they charge $500 for a GTX wheel, change nothing else and the turbo supports 50 more HP. 99% of our batch 1's are still on the road and running great, which means happy customers. We are confident batch 2 will provide the same high level of satisfaction. We all know 07tundra is a troll and nerver stops posting in my threads with his RB agenda. Its fine, he is happy with what he has on his car, and lets everyone know. That's pretty much all you can ask for as a customer, so I am not mad at him
    Thanks man, your reply was exactly what I was looking for!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    500whp on a DD tune and running it hard isn't advisable for longevity. 450-475whp is a much better goal. Jake set 60% WGDC as the limit. When we hit 60% WGDC we were at ~470whp and I was happy with that so we called it a day.
    In my opinion using WGDC as a reading of how hard you pushing the turbos is semi inaccurate. If I set the gates looser you would need more WGDC to make the same power, screw them in a couple more turns when building and you would need less WGDC to make the same power. Its just one piece of data and really doesn't show you how hard the turbos are working, there are too many variables. Our turbine housings are also ported meaning more WGDC even if the gates are set the same as a turbo with an unported housing, as more exhaust can bypass the turbine at the same amount of opening on the flappers. So just be cautious when using WGDC as a way to really tell how hard they are working, it can give you a general idea but is not a perfect way by any means.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Moved to the N54 section since this has become somewhat of a general N54 debate.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

fwiw, i saw first hand @rader1 's car at the atco event and it was certainly running strong... He beat the TT Hefner r8, edged an unpolished turbo e46 but none the less it was there and racing so couldnt of been that far off (undercover angie's car) , ran next to or beat the ess600 m3 , beat a td04 s4 that my buddy knows the owner of who is certain its a very quick car, overall the 1er just looked very strong, I convinced him to do a 1/4 mile pull Click here to enlarge but than it started raining and the event was cancelled....

He is running the right tune for them, pushing them just hard enough... The car moves way better than an OEM turbo car does, that can not be argued... I really wanted to see a trap speed outta them though but weather didnt let that happen but I am sure rader's car can put up very good numbers... its driven well, tuned well, and pushed hard enough to show what they can do...

Rader1 do you want me to mail my vbox like we discussed? Im tellin ya getting one is cool n all but after the first few weeks it becomes a dust collector more than anything else, lol
    Last edited by ChuckD05; 07-26-2013 at 03:36 PM.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    fwiw, i saw first hand @rader1 's car at the atco event and it was certainly running strong... He beat the TT Hefner r8, edged an unpolished turbo e46 but none the less it was there and racing so couldnt of been that far off (undercover angie's car) , ran next to or beat the ess600 m3 , beat a td04 s4 that my buddy knows the owner of who is certain its a very quick car, overall the 1er just looked very strong, I convinced him to do a 1/4 mile pull Click here to enlarge but than it started raining and the event was cancelled....

He is running the right tune for them, pushing them just hard enough... The car moves way better than an OEM turbo car does, that can not be argued... I really wanted to see a trap speed outta them though but weather didnt let that happen but I am sure rader's car can put up very good numbers... its driven well, tuned well, and pushed hard enough to show what they can do...

Rader1 do you want me to mail my vbox like we discussed? Im tellin ya getting one is cool n all but after the first few weeks it becomes a dust collector more than anything else, lol
    Thats awesome there's nothing like having a great running car! Especially if he is happy with it!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    LOL, you're a $#@!ing tool bag. I knew you were going to turn into one of "those guys" when i saw you posting 5 times a day on E90post asking which turbos you should go with. Think for yourself man, do your own research and make an educated decision. Don't ask everyone what to do, pay someone to do all of the work, then hunt down opposing vendor threads to subject us to your nonfactual opinion of why your purchase makes more sense than someone elses.

\rant.
    Wow you know everything about me kidClick here to enlarge I was patiently waiting and Tony took too long for me to wait and the excuses kept coming. So I then made a very wise decision and I chose what I chose. I sure did pay for some of my stuff to get done especially when the price is or was right. Other than that I have done everything else to my car. Everybody is a tough guy on the forumsClick here to enlarge I commented because a comment was made. Just like it seems that everytime a S2 goes to get numbers something happens......Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    No agenda but this thread had nothing to do with RBs but yet they were brought up and not by me! If the topic was about time slips and dyno #s then it should have stayed that way....why bring up Rb's in S2 thread as Rader did?

It's ok Tony you made POS S2s the first time maybe you'll get it right the second time.Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by 07Tundra; 07-26-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Look man, my comment wasn't meant as a knock against RBs. RBs are by far the most popular hybrid turbos(hence why I said RBs) and have a PROVEN record. However, due to the stock frame's design it can cause issues when pushing them hard and because RBs are so popular they have a greater number of users experiencing those issues.

Maybe i should have said "unlike some guys pushing their hybrid turbos hard and having issues I chose to be conservative to try to avoid those issues"?

Either way, you read way too much into 1 part of a comment while not reading enough into the rest of it.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

:popcorn:
    Click here to enlarge
    6MT | JB4 G5 | E60 | Walbro 392 | NGK 5992 | Spec2+ | ER Dual Oil Coolers | ER CP | Synapse BOV | ETS FMIC | 3.46 Wavetrac LSD
    BMS DCI | AR DPs | Magnaflow | BSH OCC | KW V1 | M3 Bits | Advan RS | Michelin PSS | LS3 AEs | P3 Boost Gauge | Dyno Results | COTM Pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 07Tundra Click here to enlarge
    No agenda but this thread had nothing to do with RBs but yet they were brought up and not by me! If the topic was about time slips and dyno #s then it should have stayed that way....why bring up Rb's in S2 thread as Rader did?

It's ok Tony you made POS S2s the first time maybe you'll get it right the second time.Click here to enlarge
    You are correct this thread wasn't about RB's until you douched up to the bar and started yapping again. Wasn't this just the idiot that said everyone is a tough guy on the forums??. This is the same type of customer who will be bashing Rob as soon as his second set of turbos starts smoking. Thank god I didn't sell him anything, you my friend are the perfect example of an Internet warrior. You bought some turbos and had someone else install them on your car and you are now a turbo expert, it's brilliant actually. Batch 1's are actually running perfect and have beaten RB's in real races. The best part is when you are finally ready for your 3rd replacement set of RB's in 6 months and you are ready for something that will actually last and we are the only other game in town and I just laugh and delete your emails. You can say that makes me a stupid vendor, giving myself a bad name, etc, I really won't care.. Everyone lets take bets on how long til this guy is $#@!ing about smoke. I'm giving it about 3 more weeks. Lets remember this when it happens.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Hmmm, Tony when he does, I'll be sure to make a video once my vtt's are installed doing a burnout and I'll make the title "look, my turbos make smoke too!" Lmao

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    You're so correct second set of RBs Click here to enlargeunlike many of your customers I don't have to take them back and let you buy the back since you already failed once....practice makes perfect I guess.....what's funny is people keep going back I guess they don't mind being guinea pigs. Believe me I wld never buy anything from youClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Hmmm, Tony when he does, I'll be sure to make a video once my vtt's are installed doing a burnout and I'll make the title "look, my turbos make smoke too!" Lmao
    You better ask daddy for permission to work them that hard!Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    You're so correct second set of RBs Click here to enlargeunlike many of your customers I don't have to take them back and let you buy the back since you already failed once....practice makes perfect I guess.....what's funny is people keep going back I guess they don't mind being guinea pigs. Believe me I wld never buy anything from youClick here to enlarge
    So I guess the Cobb AP v2 was a failure too because they have a buy back program now. I feel bad for all those people who were "guinea pigs" as a part of Cobb's corporate scheme.

The fact is buy back programs are not uncommon upon the release of the next revision of hardware. Tony said," I can make these better," and he did. Cobb said,"We can make this better," and they did. It's good to see a vendor go back and make an already good product better. It would be arrogant and ignorant of a vendor to never revisit a design because they feel it was perfect the first time.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

I guess he can't read either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Stage 2 batch 1(BETA). That's my 93+meth DD map, 19psi peak tapering to 15psi by 6Krpms. There is a lot of power left in them with that boost curve, but I didn't want to end up like the RB guys running 18psi that end up smoking by 5K miles.
    Have you rep for the idiot that neg repped you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    So I guess the Cobb AP v2 was a failure too because they have a buy back program now. I feel bad for all those people who were "guinea pigs" as a part of Cobb's corporate scheme.

The fact is buy back programs are not uncommon upon the release of the next revision of hardware. Tony said," I can make these better," and he did. Cobb said,"We can make this better," and they did. It's good to see a vendor go back and make an already good product better. It would be arrogant and ignorant of a vendor to never revisit a design because they feel it was perfect the first time.
    Its good to see that someone that gets it. The fact that Rob created these turbos 2 years ago, and has not once tried to update them as technology changes says he really doesn't care. He is making money off you guys, the product works. Why would he waste time, energy, and money to improve them?I cannot speak for him, but we do it because we want out products to evolve with better materials, designs etc. We will continue to improve our products every chance we get. As Anthony stated this does note mean your first product was a failure it just means you improved it. What number iphone are we on is a good example, this very simple premise is quite obvious but this genius can't seem to comprehend it. That's ok, as I said once his turbos start to smoke we will see him change his tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

You better ask daddy for permission to work them that hard!Click here to enlarge
    Are you implying I didn't purchase this car myself and not purchasing the aftermarket parts myself? Do you think i'm some 19 year old kid or something? YOU are badly mistaken, I actually figured you for some young kid. Not that it really matters, but if you must know, I purchased the car myself, actually turned it into a mother's day vacation and PAID for my mother's entire trip as a gift, no need for daddy's money, he doesn't have any money to give me anyway, and have installed and done all work to the car myself since purchased. Including maintenance. Which I doubt YOU do.

I actually figured I would see more of "daddy's money being spent" young kids on here, but can't say I could point anyone out, although you definitely throw up those signals.

And are you not on your second set of RB's? What happened to the first set?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    Have you rep for the idiot that neg repped you
    LOL I just wish I had phrased that differently so this thread wouldn't have nose dived like it did.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    The fact that Rob created these turbos 2 years ago, and has not once tried to update them as technology changes says he really doesn't care.
    I stopped reading at this point. This level of speculatory libel is something that a vendor shouldn't do. Just post facts about your product.

As it sits, you don't have any in production with results. Focus on that.
    700 and change

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    I stopped reading at this point. This level of speculatory libel is something that a vendor shouldn't do. Just post facts about your product.

As it sits, you don't have any in production with results. Focus on that.
    Go ahead, do a search of turbocharger technology and see what has changed in turbocharger tech since then. My point is, people trying to bash for batch 1 / batch 2 obviously do not understand progression. Either you are moving forward or going backwards.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast