Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Any VTT dyno's or time slips out there? If so, let's see'em!

I know I've seen a dyno or two floating around and obviously there are guys with the turbos installed whether stage 0 or even the stage 3 shop car. Would be cool to see any dyno or time slip anyone has that has a VTT turbo upgrade or even the "OEM" replacements.

@VargasTurboTech

Thanks guys! Hopefully will be posting mine in about 2 months!
    Last edited by mjmarovi; 07-25-2013 at 11:34 AM.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

@rader1 was running his at the DOR event so he could prob give you his numbers, but I know Tony is updating the Stage 2s
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Sorry guys, I only participated in the roll racing. No time/MPH slips available.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    @rader1 was running his at the DOR event so he could prob give you his numbers, but I know Tony is updating the Stage 2s
    lol, yes he is updating them, and I have one of those "batch 2" sets coming my way in a couple months. There were a few beta testers though, 5 I believe, but unfortunately not much data from any of them, I think one guy had a dyno of 503, but can't remember who. But besides that, how many sets of turbos has VTT sold to the n54 market to date? And their seems to be almost no dyno or time slip results? What gives?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

@rader1 nice numbers, which turbos is that? 93 octane plus meth?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

4 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Stage 2 batch 1(BETA). That's my 93+meth DD map, 19psi peak tapering to 15psi by 6Krpms. There is a lot of power left in them with that boost curve, but I didn't want to end up like the RB guys running 18psi that end up smoking by 5K miles.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I think that's pretty stout for a DD and only 93+meth, which is all I"ll be running too. I don't really want to get into aggressive mapping with e85 or race gas.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Stage 2 batch 1(BETA). That's my 93+meth DD map, 19psi peak tapering to 15psi by 6Krpms. There is a lot of power left in them with that boost curve, but I didn't want to end up like the RB guys running 18psi that end up smoking by 5K miles.
    What did he say that was worth of a negative rep? If you ask too much of any turbo, it will not survive. Period. The stock thrust parts seem to be a weak link in the RBs. It is yet to be determined how the upgraded thrust parts in the VTT turbos work. These statement should be common knowledge.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    What did he say that was worth of a negative rep? If you ask too much of any turbo, it will not survive. Period. The stock thrust parts seem to be a weak link in the RBs. It is yet to be determined how the upgraded thrust parts in the VTT turbos work. These statement should be common knowledge.
    Nothing.... But people will neg if they don't like a comment or agree. Meh

I didn't go with RB due to the use of stock thrust parts, I am doing the same as rader1, I'll install the vtt's, run 93/meth on a semi-conservative map and have fun with a smokeless/rattle less car!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

dyno and time slips

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    I know I've seen a dyno or two floating around and obviously there are guys with the turbos installed whether stage 0 or even the stage 3 shop car. Would be cool to see any dyno or time slip anyone has that has a VTT turbo upgrade or even the "OEM" replacements.

@VargasTurboTech

Thanks guys! Hopefully will be posting mine in about 2 months!
    No but there are plenty of them on RB sideClick here to enlarge Oh I almost forgot and they don't smoke either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 07Tundra Click here to enlarge
    No but there are plenty of them on RB sideClick here to enlarge Oh I almost forgot and they don't smoke either.
    Guess you missed the multiple threads on various forums about rb smoking issues?
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

@07Tundra has proved on this forum and others that he has an initiative, best to just ignore the trollz. Maybe hes trying to justify his purchase? Not sure...
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I guess...

I'm not trying to be a smartass, but there are threads with rb owners complaining of smoke, so why pretend it doesn't exist?
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    MOST of those had issues before RBs not all but most. Just like anything else things do fail but c'mon guys how long have we been waiting for #s . I have no agenda I even thanked Tony when he answered my question. But if you guys are gonna start talking about smoking issues like every RB car has one, let's try and put a car on the Dyno with no excuses......1.Dyno freaked out 2. Clutch slipping 3. Motor blew up "possibly" and the list goes on.........

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

MOST of those had issues before RBs not all but most. Just like anything else things do fail but c'mon guys how long have we been waiting for #s . I have no agenda I even thanked Tony when he answered my question. But if you guys are gonna start talking about smoking issues like every RB car has one, let's try and put a car on the Dyno with no excuses......1.Dyno freaked out 2. Clutch slipping 3. Motor blew up "possibly" and the list goes on.........
    If you examined the % of RB turbos sold vs the number of persons who have ACTUALLY reported numbers in "kill Mode/500+whp," i bet its not far off from the 20 or so sets that Tony sold. Personally i know of a few NE Forida Cars that supposedly couldn't crack 450whp with RB's +meth, and one of them gets beat by a stock turbo car. Do i think they are running right? Nope. But not everyone wants glory numbers, seem people prefer longevity. Dropping 3k+ on a set of upgraded twins is not something most people would prefer to gamble with.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Man, I haven't been around the n54 world long enough to have grudges against anyone or show bias against anyone, but you must be a young immature kid to waste your time posting in one manufacturer's section something about a different manufacturer.

The thread clearly states time slips and dyno's from VTT cars. They are out there, as stated, just scattered, and since this is the official VTT forum section, figured it would be a good place for people to post. Didn't ask about RB dyno's, timeslips, or if they smoke or not, so why did you even post?
    @Sticky not sure how you feel, and maybe just too soon, but would be nice at some point in time after more dyno's and timeslips are listed to clean up this thread, with maybe all of the actual timeslips and dyno's going into the first thread? Just trying to do something positive here guys!!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Dropping 3k+ on a set of upgraded twins is not something most people would prefer to gamble with.
    Correct. + another 1-2k for the install. 5k is a 1/4 of some of the car's value and either way a lot of money to gamble with.

But it shouldn't be a gamble. The manufacturer(s) should state what is safe for the turbos in this specific application. What is safe, what will lead to accelerated wear, and what is 100% not acceptable. They built them and should know this information. I rarely hear them comment on it and usually say it's up to the tuners or something and that running them hard will limit their life. It just doesn't seem like they give concrete information or numbers.

If I am wrong please let me know.

My guess is they don't want to say that forcing them to push a N54 powered car past 450 whp at redline is unsafe and unreliable even with upgraded bits n pieces.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

So then topic should have been kept about that and only that. But it was brought up out of the blue about rb's smoking (check your thread) so I felt a need to comment.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

There ya go OP

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Correct. + another 1-2k for the install. 5k is a 1/4 of some of the car's value and either way a lot of money to gamble with.But it shouldn't be a gamble. The manufacturer(s) should state what is safe for the turbos in this specific application. What is safe, what will lead to accelerated wear, and what is 100% not acceptable. They built them and should know this information. I rarely hear them comment on it and usually say it's up to the tuners or something and that running them hard will limit their life. It just doesn't seem like they give concrete information or numbers.If I am wrong please let me know. My guess is they don't want to say that forcing them to push a N54 powered car past 450 whp at redline is unsafe and unreliable even with upgraded bits n pieces.
    Tony actually has stated that. Go back and look through the early Vargas threads(I know, they got long and OT but it is what it is) and Tony has been very upfront about power levels and longevity.My statement was not a knock against RB turbos, it was about hybrids in general and RBs are the most common. It is based on my experience and talking with people that actually have hybrid turbos. Pushing them hard WILL kill hybrids, some last longer than others but that's not a risk I want to take when the car makes plenty of power in DD trim and my race gas map is considerably faster(no dynojet numbers yet on that.)
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

So then topic should have been kept about that and only that. But it was brought up out of the blue about rb's smoking (check your thread) so I felt a need to comment.
    Seriously? It was only kept to that until you joined the conversation. That's a pretty general statement about being overzealous, you are reading into that way too much, you obviously have a chip on your shoulder and for some reason feel the need to defend RB when there is no circumstance present for the need to defend.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Tony actually has stated that.
    @VargasTurboTech can you reiterate what levels are safe, what is going to lead to premature wear, and what is unacceptable?

I don't feel like reading through all those posts and having it stated in more places will help more people and tuners not destroy their expensive upgraded replacements.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Seriously? It was only kept to that until you joined the conversation. That's a pretty general statement about being overzealous, you are reading into that way too much, you obviously have a chip on your shoulder and for some reason feel the need to defend RB when there is no circumstance present for the need to defend.
    No chip at all raders comment was #7 I commented in 11. Yup you're right the comment was made after mine. Sorry if you guys are going to try and sling $#@! then expect your windows to get dirty.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

No chip at all raders comment was #7 I commented in 11. Yup you're right the comment was made after mine. Sorry if you guys are going to try and sling $#@! then expect your windows to get dirty.
    LOL, you're a $#@!ing tool bag. I knew you were going to turn into one of "those guys" when i saw you posting 5 times a day on E90post asking which turbos you should go with. Think for yourself man, do your own research and make an educated decision. Don't ask everyone what to do, pay someone to do all of the work, then hunt down opposing vendor threads to subject us to your nonfactual opinion of why your purchase makes more sense than someone elses.

\rant.

Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast