Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 162
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Points
    17.1
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Sounds like a children's toy compared to my car. Come close? L O L

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvFRdJlWJwg
    No. Your car is just louder. It dousn't sound better. If you essentially straight pipe a Ferrari motor it will sound better and be the same loudness as that.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,918
    Rep Points
    31,844.3
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    No. Your car is just louder. It dousn't sound better. If you essentially straight pipe a Ferrari motor it will sound better and be the same loudness as that.
    Tell yourself whatever you want. My car dumps on an N54, N55, or S55 in sound quality and always will. Weird before this thread all I got was compliments on how amazing it sounds and now it's, "Oh a Maserati sounds better." Right, sure, ok Click here to enlarge

    You rev your car next mine and you'll tuck your tail between your legs.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Points
    17.1
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Tell yourself whatever you want. My car dumps on an N54, N55, or S55 in sound quality and always will. Weird before this thread all I got was compliments on how amazing it sounds and now it's, "Oh a Maserati sounds better." Right, sure, ok Click here to enlarge

    You rev your car next mine and you'll tuck your tail between your legs.
    I never said it didn't. I think the S65 kills the sound all those motors can make. Your car sounds good, but I don't believe it's on par with a Ferrari motor's sound. It won't have that exotic tone to it.

    I don't own a Maserati, my parents did at one point. Tail between the legs? Against tubi muffler's volume sure.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,918
    Rep Points
    31,844.3
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Parents used to have a Maserati Quattroporte with Tubi mufflers. Car sounded unreal. I don't think an S65 can come close to Ferrari's motors.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb2YQRuWol4
    Just to prove how blatantly biased and idiotic this post is reaching for absolute anything, did you at any point realize the Maserati doesn't have the same flat-plane crank as the Ferrari's? It isn't the same Ferrari motor. It is based on it, but doesn't sound like an F430 for a reason.

    It would be nice if you at least got it right instead of reaching. Maybe this impresses people who have no clue what they're talking about.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,918
    Rep Points
    31,844.3
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    I never said it didn't. I think the S65 kills the sound all those motors can make. Your car sounds good, but I don't believe it's on par with a Ferrari motor's sound. It won't have that exotic tone to it.

    I don't own a Maserati, my parents did at one point. Tail between the legs? Against tubi muffler's volume sure.
    Who cares if they owned a Maserati or not? It isn't a Ferrari engine note once again. You aren't even making sense as you don't know what you're talking about.

    Claiming a higher revving V8 with the same crank design doesn't sound as good because one is "Ferrari" when it doesn't even have the same Ferrari engine design is about as blindly biased as one can be.

    Bravo sir, well done.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,918
    Rep Points
    31,844.3
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Your car sounds good, but I don't believe it's on par with a Ferrari motor's sound. It won't have that exotic tone to it.
    Neither will a Maserati... whoops.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Points
    17.1
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Just to prove how blatantly biased and idiotic this post is reaching for absolute anything, did you at any point realize the Maserati doesn't have the same flat-plane crank as the Ferrari's? It isn't the same Ferrari motor. It is based on it, but doesn't sound like an F430 for a reason.

    It would be nice if you at least got it right instead of reaching. Maybe this impresses people who have no clue what they're talking about.
    Sticky seriously? I'm not being biased or idiotic at all. Far from that actually. Maserati motors are built in the same exact factory Ferrari builds their motors in Modena Italy. Right next to each other in fact. Same assembly line, same workers, etc. All hand built. I know this because I went there and saw it with my own eyes. You do know they are sister companys right? Their parts are basically the same with a few differences to better fit a more luxury oriented car.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Who cares if they owned a Maserati or not? It isn't a Ferrari engine note once again. You aren't even making sense as you don't know what you're talking about.

    Claiming a higher revving V8 with the same crank design doesn't sound as good because one is "Ferrari" when it doesn't even have the same Ferrari engine design is about as blindly biased as one can be.

    Bravo sir, well done.
    It's a Ferrari motor. They are the same company that use the same parts. The top of the motor is red just like a Ferrari's motor is. How am I not making sense? I've witnessed them build the motors...

    That's not the point though. Even if it wasn't a Ferrari motor it still sounds better than an S65.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Points
    17.1
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I'm not going to reply in this thread any longer. I've made my point.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,857
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    I'm not going to reply in this thread any longer. I've made my point.
    Nothing is better than the s65... Deal with itClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    52
    Rep Points
    88.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That would be the stock N54 exhaust. There is no comparison between the two it's a joke to even make your argument. N54 and N55 sound pretty good? Seriously?

    Yet another stock M3 exhaust:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nukI_3Hrmro

    And the M3 also has an exhaust option from the factory.

    Wow some of your are blind fanboys. Bu bu bu bu bu butt it's turbo! Bu bu bu bu bu bu bu butt it's stock! It sounds like $#@!.
    Blind fanboy? That's a cool story. I feel I'm being pretty neutral. Also in my OPINION I feel it's pretty weak with out optioning a 2k factory optional exhaust. That's why I run a gintani xpipe and race mufflers. So you can actually hear what s65 really sounds like. Back when I had my n54 in my OPINION I felt the exhaust had a nice rumble for being stock. But if you want to compare aftermarket systems the M3 will win hands down. The new f80 will not be able to touch the e9x m in terms of sound stock/aftermarket but it wont sound bad
    Power Mods: Dinan pulley, Dinan Flash,Dinan Intake, Dinan 3.62, Gintani Race Mufflers, Gintani catless Xpipe,
    Cosmetic: Molded Vorsteiner Poly-Lip, LED Interior Lights, LUX H8, Black Side Vents,Glossy Black Kidneys, Reflectors Delete, Smoked Tail Lights, CF Vorsteiner Trunk, V1 Hardwire

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,918
    Rep Points
    31,844.3
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Maserati motors are built in the same exact factory Ferrari builds their motors in Modena Italy. Right next to each other in fact.
    The Ferrari CEO could assemble them on his desk that changes absolutely nothing regarding the fact you completely missed why your association of Maserati to Ferrari motors based on sound quality was completely wrong and off. I'm amazed honestly.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    You do know they are sister companys right? Their parts are basically the same with a few differences to better fit a more luxury oriented car.
    You still don't get it? Wow.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    It's a Ferrari motor. They are the same company that use the same parts. The top of the motor is red just like a Ferrari's motor is. How am I not making sense? I've witnessed them build the motors...
    Nothing further needs to be said. Equating a Maserati motor to a Ferrari motor because of proximity is... well, it is what it is. Don't feel bad, a few people in a hurry to +1 don't get it either.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,918
    Rep Points
    31,844.3
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by skoot3r Click here to enlarge
    Blind fanboy? That's a cool story. I feel I'm being pretty neutral. Also in my OPINION I feel it's pretty weak with out optioning a 2k factory optional exhaust. That's why I run a gintani xpipe and race mufflers. So you can actually hear what s65 really sounds like. Back when I had my n54 in my OPINION I felt the exhaust had a nice rumble for being stock. But if you want to compare aftermarket systems the M3 will win hands down. The new f80 will not be able to touch the e9x m in terms of sound stock/aftermarket but it wont sound bad
    So because BMW doesn't just uncork the V8 due to decibel limits it's a weak exhaust note in your mind yet you right there say the factory option makes it not weak? So we establish the V8 sounds great if you check the right option box from the factory? Awesome. And will the N54/N55/S55 have an option box to turn it into a high revving naturally aspirated V8? Will there be an aftermarket exhaust that does that?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by skoot3r Click here to enlarge
    The new f80 will not be able to touch the e9x m in terms of sound stock/aftermarket but it wont sound bad
    That would be what the article states... yep.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,918
    Rep Points
    31,844.3
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    I'm not going to reply in this thread any longer. I've made my point.
    Oh did you ever.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    102
    Rep Points
    182.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Forums are awesome! Shows you guys right for having a difference of opinion on a subjective argument. Endless entertainment.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,918
    Rep Points
    31,844.3
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ra2289 Click here to enlarge
    Forums are awesome! Shows you guys right for having a difference of opinion on a subjective argument. Endless entertainment.
    It is not subjective that engineering design choices in the creation of a Ferrari V8 do not mean the sound quality of a Ferrrari carries over to a Maserati motor with completely different engineering choices affecting its sound quality.

    The point of a subjective appreciation of a sound note of course is valid although I have no idea who thinks the new turbo M motors are the best examples of great sounding motors from BMW M.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    the only non V8 and larger exhaust i like are either the 2JZ or almost any nissan- 350-370-gtr anything else i think just doesnt sound "good"; its more annoying than intoxicating

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    102
    Rep Points
    182.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It is not subjective that engineering design choices in the creation of a Ferrari V8 do not mean the sound quality of a Ferrrari carries over to a Maserati motor with completely different engineering choices affecting its sound quality.
    Oh I wasn't referring to that. More so just poking fun at what the thread started out as- personal opinions on the new M3/4 exhaust sound and how it compares to the s65's- versus where it is now.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The point of a subjective appreciation of a sound note of course is valid although I have no idea who thinks the new turbo M motors are the best examples of great sounding motors from BMW M.
    This. I don't think anyone is saying the latter part, although I must confess to skipping a few replies. However if someone did state that its simply his/her personal opinion.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,918
    Rep Points
    31,844.3
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ra2289 Click here to enlarge
    Oh I wasn't referring to that. More so just poking fun at what the thread started out as- personal opinions on the new M3/4 exhaust sound and how it compares to the s65's- versus where it is now.
    I understand I just wanted to highlight a specific point.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ra2289 Click here to enlarge
    This. I don't think anyone is saying the latter part, although I must confess to skipping a few replies. However if someone did state that its simply his/her personal opinion.
    Some people seem to think an aftermarket exhaust fixes everything. Some things just can't be changed.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Points
    17.1
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    It's ok. A Ferrari/Maserati still sounds way better than any S65 will ever sound period.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,918
    Rep Points
    31,844.3
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    It's ok. A Ferrari/Maserati still sounds way better than any S65 will ever sound period.
    Oh yeah your proximity argument as evidence. Maybe if BMW puts a factory next door to Ferrari's the sound of the M3 will improve?

    We can agree your motor will never sound better though, right?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  21. #71
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,942
    Rep Points
    2,873.1
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Wow, this thread really went to $#@!. Stickys blind love of the S65 strikes again...
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,202
    Rep Points
    1,800.6
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Sounds like a children's toy compared to my car. Come close? L O L

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvFRdJlWJwg
    There are VERY few turbo motors that sound "good" -- The Pagani Huayra, TT-Gallardos & the 2JZ (which I don't even think sounds that great, but it's certainly an iconic noise). BUT at the same, I don't think your M3 sounds good either, it's just a TON of noise (a lot like the GTRs). Honestly, a simple Eisenmann or Evolve sounds better IMO


    Honestly this was kind of a dumb article, what sounds "good" is very subjective to each person. Some people love the droney hum of turbo motors while other people love to hear an N/A motor sing. BUT performance is an indisputable, an the F8x M3/M4 is going to be faster
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    708
    Rep Points
    566.8
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The 911 turbo doesn't sound as good as a gt3rs 4.0. Should we complain about it? Everyday I see more information about the upcoming M3/4 and everyday sticky has to degrade it someway somehow. Everyday you comment how BMW sucks and every article you write states the same. Now you're entitled to your own opinion, but even Jeremy clarkson could say something nice about a 911 once in a while and his hate for them is twice as deep as yours for BMW.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    136
    Rep Points
    193.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Sticky seriously? I'm not being biased or idiotic at all. Far from that actually. Maserati motors are built in the same exact factory Ferrari builds their motors in Modena Italy. Right next to each other in fact. Same assembly line, same workers, etc. All hand built. I know this because I went there and saw it with my own eyes. You do know they are sister companys right? Their parts are basically the same with a few differences to better fit a more luxury oriented car.



    It's a Ferrari motor. They are the same company that use the same parts. The top of the motor is red just like a Ferrari's motor is. How am I not making sense? I've witnessed them build the motors...

    That's not the point though. Even if it wasn't a Ferrari motor it still sounds better than an S65.
    Maserati purchases the engines from Ferrari, who manufactures them as you point out. Nothing else comes from Ferrari. Most of the new cars put out by both companies are still designed by Pininfarina, an independent design company- and I think that confuses people as to the independent nature of the 2 companies.

    As has been mentioned in this thread, there is soo much more to the sound than just the engine. I have both a QP and a Ferrari. Both V8 engines, obviously, are made by Ferrari. Trust me, they sound incredibly different.

    Once there are a few aftermarket options available for these new models, you can usually make simple changes with profound effects on the exhaust note... so it's not the end of the world. What is preferred IS subjective... and I say that objectively Click here to enlarge

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Points
    917.6
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You must have been wearing ear plugs. You can hardly hear it? Um, ok. Sounds like $#@!? That would be the F10 M5 that needs fake exhaust sounds.

    You think N54 cars are better than the M3 though so we know where you stand but you are just being blatantly blind with this post. S65 sounds like $#@!, dumbest comment of the year. Absolutely idiotic, did you type that with a straight face?
    Where did I mention the N54?? So if the STOCK S65 exhaust is SO great, then show me just ONE enthusiast who didn't put an aftermarket exhaust on his M3. Just ONE.

    Yes it can sound great with an Akrapovic or other exhaust, but what's the point of comparing that to a stock/development stage F82 exhaust?
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •