Close

Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: s63 e30 swap

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7
    Rep Points
    5.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

    s63 e30 swap

    Hi I want to know what kind of manual gearbox will fit a s63 engine, why i'm asking because i want to do a s63 into a e30 but i want a manual gearbox for it. Does any one know this ?thnx

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,804
    Rep Points
    31,798.7
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    The S63 mates to a manual gearbox as the M5/M6 come with a manual option.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7
    Rep Points
    5.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The S63 mates to a manual gearbox as the M5/M6 come with a manual option.
    The f10,f12,f13 comes with s63n engine but they come with a dual clutch transmission and the s85 comes with a manual gearbox or i'm wrong ?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    594
    Rep Points
    47.5
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    The new m5/6 comes in manual, what does the s85 have to do with anything

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,199
    Rep Points
    1,800.3
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dasrast Click here to enlarge
    The f10,f12,f13 comes with s63n engine but they come with a dual clutch transmission and the s85 comes with a manual gearbox or i'm wrong ?
    ALL of the cars with the S63 (M5/M6/M6 Gran Coupe) are sold with the option of a DCT or 6 Speed Manual. If you're prepared to pay the price for an Engine & Trans, you can call a BMW Parts Dept and place an order.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,804
    Rep Points
    31,798.7
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dasrast Click here to enlarge
    The f10,f12,f13 comes with s63n engine but they come with a dual clutch transmission and the s85 comes with a manual gearbox or i'm wrong ?
    You must be located in Europe. In the USA the F10,F12,F13 have a manual option. Just source that gearbox.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7
    Rep Points
    5.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    What is the price of those gearbox , and the engine i can get it cheap from a wrecked x6m thats why i want to swap it into an e30 but i need a gearbox for it not to expensive Click here to enlarge

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,868
    Rep Points
    2,450.1
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    25


    Yes Reputation No
    If I was going to do an E30 swap, this is the engine I would want to put in it. Good luck to you my friend. It's a fabulous idea. That MT is going to be very expensive though if you can't find one in a junkyard.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,868
    Rep Points
    2,450.1
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    25


    Yes Reputation No
    you may just want to get the engine, tranny and ECU all from that x6M and call it a day with the DCT.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7
    Rep Points
    5.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    you may just want to get the engine, tranny and ECU all from that x6M and call it a day with the DCT.
    Thats plan B first i will look if there is a way to fit another gearbox on the engine. with a gearbox it will be more fun Click here to enlarge

    What's DCT ?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,868
    Rep Points
    2,450.1
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    25


    Yes Reputation No
    DUAL CLUTCH TRANSMISSION. if you're going to leave the motor at fairly stock TQ levels this tranny would be amazing. Super fast shifts. It has trouble holding higher than stock Tq levels due to TCU programming.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7
    Rep Points
    5.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    DUAL CLUTCH TRANSMISSION. if you're going to leave the motor at fairly stock TQ levels this tranny would be amazing. Super fast shifts. It has trouble holding higher than stock Tq levels due to TCU programming.
    I think that will be a good option firts build it stock and later change the things to make it a real beast. Got to see how much it will cost me to get the engine, trans, ecu ,harnass etc.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,804
    Rep Points
    31,798.7
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dasrast Click here to enlarge
    What is the price of those gearbox , and the engine i can get it cheap from a wrecked x6m thats why i want to swap it into an e30 but i need a gearbox for it not to expensive Click here to enlarge
    There is no X6M manual option just the F10 M5 and F12/F13 M6. You can go on realoem.com and try to find the part number so you can get it from a dealership.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,804
    Rep Points
    31,798.7
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    you may just want to get the engine, tranny and ECU all from that x6M and call it a day with the DCT.
    The X6M doesn't have a DCT, it's an automatic.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    974
    Rep Points
    442.4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Wow I really want to see this happen. I thought I read somewhere that the 6 speed box in the F10/12/13 is the same box that was used in the E60 M5, which was pretty much the same transmission they used in the E39 M5. Should be a Getrag unit. Don't take my word for it, but I would look into that. This would make the whole thing much easier. Bolt patterns are another story, but theres always adapter plates :p

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,804
    Rep Points
    31,798.7
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
    Wow I really want to see this happen. I thought I read somewhere that the 6 speed box in the F10/12/13 is the same box that was used in the E60 M5, which was pretty much the same transmission they used in the E39 M5. Should be a Getrag unit. Don't take my word for it, but I would look into that. This would make the whole thing much easier. Bolt patterns are another story, but theres always adapter plates :p
    That's likely exactly what it is. They used it in the E46 M3 and pretty much everything as it is a great box.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    974
    Rep Points
    442.4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That's likely exactly what it is. They used it in the E46 M3 and pretty much everything as it is a great box.
    Yeah it is...holds a ton of power. Shift throws are a little long but thats easy as hell to fix. In fact, it was even used in the E39 540i/6, and might have even been used in the E34 540i/6. Its truly a great piece of work.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •