Close

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Originally Posted by klipseracer
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Moderator
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Moderator
    Quote:
    Okay. Well, I'm one of the coders so you can be mad all you want. Do I need to become a vendor to make you happy so I can promote free software here?

You don't need vendorship if you are not selling/charging for products or services.

You can post about open source software all you want, as long as it does not mention, promote, link to, or cite other sites.

Okay. My first post was childish. Sorry. I'm going to make a new post, but it will be completely unbiased, and discussion based.

Yes it was and trolling/tuning BS won't be tolerated as I already warned.

However, legitimate technical discussions will always be allowed. If anyone tries to drag down the thread with trolling / tuning wars BS, report the post and it will be reviewed.

I've made my post, please let me know if it is acceptable.

On second thought, after reviewing the vitriol you post on other sites towards this one, you will not be allowed the opportunity to post here. Quite two-faced.

To be honest, I don't know what they mean, as if I talk badly about the site, its really Shiv that I direct any negative comments towards... Not to mention, I have pages of calling sticky a little $#@! and him calling me out, so I don't hold allegiance anywhere, But its all good...
    Your thread is back up
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes, I spoke with the moderator. He was unbiased enough to allow it to continue as long as it is productive so please keep the fact that he has allowed it to continue in mind when we think about their moderation tactics as well as keeping the thread clean. I think more than anything, they don't like the bull$#@! annoyance of cleaning up the threads, and yes I can be a troll sometimes.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes, I spoke with the moderator. He was unbiased enough to allow it to continue as long as it is productive so please keep the fact that he has allowed it to continue in mind when we think about their moderation tactics as well as keeping the thread clean. I think more than anything, they don't like the bull$#@! annoyance of cleaning up the threads, and yes I can be a troll sometimes.
    Agreed. Honestly, if you look at it from E90Post's Moderator point of view, I see where he is coming from and I respect it. I'm not out to mess up his forum or create drama with my posts. What pisses me off is Shiv's bull$#@! that goes through without being called out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ShrtBus Click here to enlarge
    I think it's cause I posted the screen shot. I got a PM saying the following.
    How long do you think they can keep this up? I mean I hope forever because the bans just send people here so go nuts guys.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Tuner pro is not open source. But it doesn't need to be. There are open source map editors out there if you wish to use them. But there is no reason to not use TunerPro for now. The DME Flash application has the potential to be a spectacular tuning program as well, but I won't be involved in that part. I'm now scuffling around in Eclipse with ADT Click here to enlarge
    I just want to point out if someone uses Tuner Pro and creates some badass map and uploads it here they don't need Tuner Pro to access the map and upload it themselves.

I'll gladly sponsor a tuner to create a BimmerBoost.com map that is to my specifications.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    That was quick gone already on e90p

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Roy Cormier Click here to enlarge
    I expected it to be at least a few months before the software got to this point, quite amazing whats' happened in just a couple of weeks.
    I'll be honest I expected longer than that. Shiv burning bridges and stabbing people in the back galvanized some people way more talented than him. Honestly, thank you for being a prick Shiv.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by samerrit Click here to enlarge
    Hello,

As someone that simply reads the forums and has no skin in the game, on E90post, I simply made the statement that I thought I saw topics addressing another open source option that suddenly disappeared. I asked "What happened?" Within five minutes, my post was deleted.

Interesting...
    Yeah you are on an open forum as open as openflash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

So, I asked if I needed to become a vendor to promote free software on their site.
    This is LOL of the month.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bdtsulev Click here to enlarge
    This is is for the n54 only right? Will other engines be supported in the future?
    Very good question sir. If I had my way, it would be open for everything. The N54 was made possible by very talented people who just said enough was enough. Will this happen on all motors? No. The reason being is that keys are expensive and those who get keys sell them. That is how they make a living. If you gave me $20k per engine it could happen. Maybe more. But this is not to say it will not happen for more engines in the future just not as fast as the N54 happened. The N54 happened due to, well, shhh Click here to enlarge .

I for one am all for open source everything but I can not pay out of pocket for it to happen for everyone as it is not realistic. I will gladly host the software and the files for every motor made open source though. There is nothing more I can personally do it is up to the talented people who already made this happen but abusing their goodwill is not fair to them. They deserve credit, money, whatever.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    This link was there a second ago. I suppose they are very closed minded.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boom Click here to enlarge
    Huge thank you with hugs. lol.
    Send me $395. JK, just wait patiently all will be made clear.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

CAN work with any MSD80/81. We haven't looked into the N55 yet.
    I would REALLY like to make N55 happen. I'll do whatever I can. You helped tremendously let's do round 2.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Holy crap guys....great job! I'm proud to be a member here! Thanks! @Sticky.....don't worry....word is getting out and they will migrating over here shortly!

So what would I need? Just the BT cable?
    I deserve zero credit. I did nothing. NOTHING. All I offer is a place to host the software, exchange maps, and stand up for what is right. THAT'S IT. The real thank you belongs with those who pushed this forward and helped make the programming happen. They deserve all the credit in the world.

I already offered to pay for the bar tab and dinner of those involved. I don't care what's ordered, it's on me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Looks like it's gone again. Wow

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Not to mention, I have pages of calling sticky a little $#@! and him calling me out, so I don't hold allegiance anywhere, But its all good...
    I'm just saying I can be pretty cool...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by scorpnaz7 Click here to enlarge
    This link was there a second ago. I suppose they are very closed minded.
    They don't want to admit they lost. It's only going to get worse. What do they plan to do when the M3 records are all here?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    So in layman terms you can flash you DME much like what COBB does except you can customize your own "map". Is that right? I also assume if we had the BMW Power Kit tune data we would be able to flash that to our ECU without buying the software from BMW?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sherj Click here to enlarge
    So in layman terms you can flash you DME much like what COBB does except you can customize your own "map". Is that right? I also assume if we had the BMW Power Kit tune data we would be able to flash that to our ECU without buying the software from BMW?
    I mean if you have the BMW map sure. I won't host a BMW map though because BMW will probably send black helicopters to my house.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    But it is possible? Very interesting, I am really intrigued now. So with this software we can fine tune the DME. Will the cables we normally use to run INPA work with this software?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I'm really looking forward to this. It would be great if Shiv in the hood honors his promise of accepting returns. After all, his device is essentially obsolete.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Can't give enough kudos to everyone involved... makes me want to keep the 335i for longer than I originally intended.
    07 E92 335I | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS E85 Flash | DCI | BMS DPs | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCU Flash | Walbro GLS392 | E70 | 429rwhp/474rwtq

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Good work to all the programers and people who contributed to the true open source. This is awesome! Click here to enlarge . Now waiting on a thread.. open source for dummies lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Well. I tried. I guess the only place to talk about it will remain here then. Its not like I'm advertising any product, its not for sale... its free...
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Well. I tried. I guess the only place to talk about it will remain here then. Its not like I'm advertising any product, its not for sale... its free...
    Soo... the policies are exposed as personal and BS? How about that....

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast