Close

Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Couldn't help but laugh out loud at this....E85 when I really feel like partying...haha! Same here man, just got a station carrying e85 up the street, may have to give it a shot this weekend...
    I have to drive about an hour round drip, i have 4 5 gallon tanks i fill up. Honestly haven't done it in months, meth is just so much more convenient.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Black335i Click here to enlarge
    do you just run 30% on stock pump
    Depends on how much power you are pushing. You can get about 430whp/E50 on the stock LPFP before things start going south.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I haven't successfully been able to replicate his map using ATR and setting all matching tables to be a 100% replication, including all z,y axes. It immediately throws P2D58 "DME, Internal Error: target torque monitoring" and goes into limp mode on anything over ~25% throttle. Shiv is disabling this code/monitor in his flash, but we don't have the ability to do that in ATR currently. Whatever it is, i want this responsiveness in my Cobb maps, but with linear throttle mapping. I know its nothing magical that's going, like Shiv is eluding to, its just going to take time to narrow it down.
    Our OTS maps disabling the 2d58 code doesn't have anything to do with how our OTS maps drive. In fact, you can re-enable that code with our maps and it won't make a difference.

If you put the same table values from our OpenFlash Tablet maps into a Cobb AP (via ATR), you will not get the same results. Likewise, if you put ATR values into OpenFlash, the car won't even start.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Our OTS maps disabling the 2d58 code doesn't have anything to do with how our OTS maps drive. In fact, you can re-enable that code with our maps and it won't make a difference.

If you put the same table values from our OpenFlash Tablet maps into a Cobb AP (via ATR), you will not get the same results. Likewise, if you put ATR values into OpenFlash, the car won't even start.
    Good to know.. Btw, your Stage 1 map causes boost oscillations on my car (I have new oem turbos). You may want to offer a loose wastegates, Normal Wastegates, and Tight wastegates mapping for your OpenFlash Tablet Customers.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Yes, some of your table definitions point to locations that are clearly memory addresses in the DAF, etc. And it's clear looking at Cobb's stuff they have made some PAF edits which IMHO is pretty impressive for flash tuning. For my needs so far the TP environment is workable but comparing both the TP environment you have setup and the ATP environment Cobb has set up it's clear which one is superior.

Can't beat the TP price though.

PS. The partial write is actually super easy. You guys will have no problem porting it over.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Good to know.. Btw, your Stage 1 map causes boost oscillations on my car (I have new oem turbos). You may want to offer a loose wastegates, Normal Wastegates, and Tight wastegates mapping for your OpenFlash Tablet Customers.
    You'll want to log base duty cycle vs. PID result and based on that you can just scale the entire base duty cycle curve up or down manually. Usually with oscillation it's too high.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Finally got read working on Android. Probably close to 20 hours stuck on one problem: the FTDI drivers do not work and, I was sending the wrong command once I had attempted to try the new driver source. So I was going back and forth between three driver options couldn't get anything to work, until I realized I was sending the wrong stinking command. 03 04 0B instead of 03 08 0B... As far as the FTDI drivers not working, I honestly think there is a problem with them. At least I couldn't get them functioning, there would be a problem with the usb bulk read, and that how data was handled by the FTDI driver, which I cannot modify. Had to go with an open source driver and all is well now. Next I will fix up the GUI a bit and the logging display and then I can start porting over the code to get into programming mode.

Also, I've swapped the usb connector between my pc cable to load each modified version of the app that I built over to my BT USB cable so many times, I've probably dropped my phone 2 dozen times, worn out the port on my phone to a certain degree and I've dropped the phone directly on the usb cable while it was plugged in and bent my samsung mini usb connector and it doesn't stay put as well, its now loose. I've plugged a usb connector into this thing like a hundred times testing back and forth. I've got these cables hanging over my office chair and my desk, and when I pull my keyboard out or turn my chair it hooks the cable and $#@! falls on the ground. FML.
    Last edited by klipseracer; 08-03-2013 at 03:15 AM.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Finally got read working on Android. Probably close to 20 hours stuck on one problem: the FTDI drivers do not work and, I was sending the wrong command once I had attempted to try the new driver source. So I was going back and forth between three driver options couldn't get anything to work, until I realized I was sending the wrong stinking command. 03 04 0B instead of 03 08 0B... As far as the FTDI drivers not working, I honestly think there is a problem with them. At least I couldn't get them functioning, there would be a problem with the usb bulk read, and that how data was handled by the FTDI driver, which I cannot modify. Had to go with an open source driver and all is well now. Next I will fix up the GUI a bit and the logging display and then I can start porting over the code to get into programming mode.

Also, I've swapped the usb connector between my pc cable to load each modified version of the app that I built over to my BT USB cable so many times, I've probably dropped my phone 2 dozen times, worn out the port on my phone to a certain degree and I've dropped the phone directly on the usb cable while it was plugged in and bent my samsung mini usb connector and it doesn't stay put as well, its now loose. I've plugged a usb connector into this thing like a hundred times testing back and forth. I've got these cables hanging over my office chair and my desk, and when I pull my keyboard out or turn my chair it hooks the cable and $#@! falls on the ground. FML.
    I love you manClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Here is a teaser. All new drivers, full scrolling log window. No more switching cables back and forth to get debug data. It is only programmed to write a single command to check the power status of the cable. I will be expanding this obviously. Okay, its late as hell I need sleep.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge

Which Samsung phone you got? USB port dead easy to replace in most cases.

E.g. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Connector-Ch.../dp/B008TPQRS2
    Unscrew case, remove battery. Prize buttons away from glue on case. Unscrew motherboard. Disconnect aerial plugs and mini ribbon cable in a few places. Remove motherboard. Disconnect USB module. Replace and reverse remembering to peel off new glue banking paper. Most phones are similar.
    Last edited by crypticc; 08-03-2013 at 08:00 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    You just raise or lower load values. The DME computes boost on the back end to try to maintain that load table. Also note the throttle to load tables. You guys are running full boost at 40-50% throttle input, lol. No wonder it "feels fast". Click here to enlarge
    You were right!

I increased the load values as circled below and also leaned out the AFR about a point as I was hitting 10.5 for my AFR and it was just too rich for me.

My boost at 5500 rpm was formerly 14.3 psi and now is showing 16.8 psi.....simply by changing three cells in the load table.

So boost is now higher and holds longer into the rpm band, and is closer to what I was running on my procede meth map B4 I installed the OTF stage 1 map Click here to enlarge.
    Click here to enlarge

I tried to play with the "ignition timing main" table by a few degrees - but it didn't seem to take.

So there must be something more to changing timing Click here to enlarge. Need help here.

That's the last table I need to figure out because other than timing being low (while spraying meth and using 94 Octane), the log looks pretty good for just a few changes.

And yes.....I am granny shifting at 5500 rpm - primarily to keep boost up post-shift.....so bear that in mind. Baby steps at this point.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

The main ignition table is the main place you can make changes. You can't do gear dependent changes, etc, with the flash tuning so the only other area you might adjust is IAT decay compensation. I don't know how the advance limiter tables in TP work. Those tables are not on the Cobb side.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

@DCAFS, copy your timing table main to timing fail safe as well.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

The main ignition table is the main place you can make changes. You can't do gear dependent changes, etc, with the flash tuning so the only other area you might adjust is IAT decay compensation. I don't know how the advance limiter tables in TP work. Those tables are not on the Cobb side.
    @DCAFS, copy your timing table main to timing fail safe as well.
    Thanks guys!

Just one more question - do the values along the x-axis in the timing table equate to the load values?

If so, then I guess I only need to change the settings under load = 180?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Right any load > 180 will take the 180 column value.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Right any load > 180 will take the 180 column value.
    That's what I would think.

Will give it a shot tomorrow.

So far, so good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

You have a BT cable right? Just email us if you want to test the new app. It's a lot faster for loading. And free. You can even load the same BIN. Click here to enlarge

May want to uninstall the tablet first though. Not sure how that works with its VIN locking, etc.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

You have a BT cable right? Just email us if you want to test the new app. It's a lot faster for loading. And free. You can even load the same BIN. Click here to enlarge

May want to uninstall the tablet first though. Not sure how that works with its VIN locking, etc.
    You have to flash the stock map back - so in essence no more tune.

I want to finish dialing in this setup first. I have been at for 3 days solid now trying to make sense of it all.

Does the BB app act as the interface to the DME? You still use TunerPro to make table changes and then use BB app to upload the table changes?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DCAFS Click here to enlarge
    You still use TunerPro to make table changes and then use BB app to upload the table changes?
    Yes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DCAFS Click here to enlarge
    You have to flash the stock map back - so in essence no more tune.

I want to finish dialing in this setup first. I have been at for 3 days solid now trying to make sense of it all.

Does the BB app act as the interface to the DME? You still use TunerPro to make table changes and then use BB app to upload the table changes?
    Flash the stock map back with the tablet so its uninstalled then using the BT cable upload the exact same BIN you've been tuning with. First write will take 15 min. After that 2 min. Simple. It's the same BIN format. Click here to enlarge

Since you already read with the tablet keep that file as your factory backup.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Flash the stock map back with the tablet so its uninstalled then using the BT cable upload the exact same BIN you've been tuning with. First write will take 15 min. After that 2 min. Simple. It's the same BIN format. Click here to enlarge

Since you already read with the tablet keep that file as your factory backup.
    I actually understood that! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

6 out of 6 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Took me 3 hours to read all 671 posts. Glad I found this site.

harry

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ztuner Click here to enlarge

harry
    Yeah, with our posts about this project getting deleted from E90post as fast as they are made, 5 seconds in one case, its a wonder the word is getting out to the rest of the community.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Some real good info here!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ztuner Click here to enlarge

harry
    Welcome Harry! Rep for making it over and reading all 671 posts! I sent you a PM on e90, nice to know I can find you here now.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast