Close

Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So i just went for a spin with Shivs Stage 1 map... It actually drives amazingly well. Snappy but smooth throttle response. Top end is gutless, i'll have to see what i can do to bump boost up a bit. I'll have to see if i can figure out what he is doing to allow keep the throttle so responsive and try to emulate it in my Cobb maps, i honestly have no intention of getting rid of my Cobb even with the open source flasher coming along.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    So i just went for a spin with Shivs Stage 1 map... It actually drives amazingly well. Snappy but smooth throttle response. Top end is gutless, i'll have to see what i can do to bump boost up a bit. I'll have to see if i can figure out what he is doing to allow keep the throttle so responsive and try to emulate it in my Cobb maps, i honestly have no intention of getting rid of my Cobb even with the open source flasher coming along.
    Yes....the low end is impressive for boost response/spool.....but it dies up top.

How the hell do you adjust boost on these load tables?

I looked at the load target tables and they are all at 190 up until 6K - but datalogs show the boost starts to taper after 5K. Must be more than the load tables at work in controlling boost Click here to enlarge.

Need a quick tutorial.....anyone?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DCAFS Click here to enlarge
    Yes....the low end is impressive for boost response/spool.....but it dies up top.

I looked at the load table and they are all at 190 up until 6K - but datalogs show the boost starts to taper after 5K. Must be more than the load tables at work in controlling boost Click here to enlarge.

I only know how to run more boost on Cobb, not sure how much it will differ but Cobb is definitely doing some other things in the background that we do not see. You could try using the adder tables to increase boost in the upper RPMs.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I only know how to run more boost on Cobb, not sure how much it will differ but Cobb is definitely doing some other things in the background that we do not see. You could try using the adder tables to increase boost in the upper RPMs.
    I'm clueless Click here to enlarge

How does it work in Cobb....I imagine a lot of the tables are similar

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    WHat mods you have?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Black335i Click here to enlarge
    WHat mods you have?
    FBO + meth. E85 if I really feel like partying.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm clueless Click here to enlarge

How does it work in Cobb....I imagine a lot of the tables are similar
    In Cobb the requested load will more closely modify requested boost, plus you have the adder tables to pump in some additional WGDC.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In Cobb the requested load will more closely modify requested boost, plus you have the adder tables to pump in some additional WGDC.
    The only adder table I see is WGDC Adder (airflow).....is that the one you are referring to?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The only adder table I see is WGDC Adder (airflow).....is that the one you are referring to?
    Yes, also the WGDC adder ceiling

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Attachment 32020
    Yes, also the WGDC adder ceiling
    Any idea what these numbers represent in the table?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mass airflow requested is the header, table data is % WGDC.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I looked at the load target tables and they are all at 190 up until 6K - but datalogs show the boost starts to taper after 5K. Must be more than the load tables at work in controlling boost Click here to enlarge.

You just raise or lower load values. The DME computes boost on the back end to try to maintain that load table. Also note the throttle to load tables. You guys are running full boost at 40-50% throttle input, lol. No wonder it "feels fast". Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 08-01-2013 at 11:54 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    You just raise or lower load values. The DME computes boost on the back end to try to maintain that load table. Also note the throttle to load tables. You guys are running full boost at 40-50% throttle input, lol. No wonder if "feels fast". Click here to enlarge
    That's true....lol.

It slams at half throttle and pressing the gas pedal beyond that really doesn't do much. I find I get best results at around 3/4 throttle.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You just raise or lower load values. The DME computes boost on the back end to try to maintain that load table. Also note the throttle to load tables. You guys are running full boost at 40-50% throttle input, lol. No wonder if "feels fast". Click here to enlarge
    The load table is already at 190....up until 6K. If I wanted 1 psi more boost from 5 to 6K then I would just request load of 200 for those cells and then log it and see?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The short answer is load tuning is sort of a cluster $#@!. There are lots of torque limits and other nuances in place that will often obstruct your changes. But I'd probably increase load in increments of 2 or 3 in that range if you can safely handle more boost.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The short answer is load tuning is sort of a cluster $#@!. There are lots of torque limits and other nuances in place that will often obstruct your changes. But I'd probably increase load in increments of 2 or 3 in that range if you can safely handle more boost.
    Yeah.....I'm speculating that boost/load is being factored in the background by a load target offset table.....boost seems to drop off in my logs just when the values in this table start to decrease.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you used openflash, ported tables, or took a ride in another car? Just curious. I'll review the tables more closely and see if I find anything. I was thinking its more related to a torque monitor than anything else.
    You just raise or lower load values. The DME computes boost on the back end to try to maintain that load table. Also note the throttle to load tables. You guys are running full boost at 40-50% throttle input, lol. No wonder it "feels fast". Click here to enlarge
    well even with linear to 100% I still WOT at 65% throttle... it's very strange and has bugged me since I've owned Cobb. It's like changing the x-axis doesn't register.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Never mind you open sourced lulz... nice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i think it's the same tuning dynamics that the procede has. Log part throttle timing. It has something to do with that, from what I can tell.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't think the overboost table is workable unless you make a PAF change enabling it like is done on the 335is or 1M.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't think the overboost table is workable unless you make a PAF change enabling it like is done on the 335is or 1M.
    Right....only the IS and 1M and have the temporary overboost feature.

I'll just try changing the load values a bit and see what impact that has.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bryce Click here to enlarge
    i think it's the same tuning dynamics that the procede has. Log part throttle timing. It has something to do with that, from what I can tell.
    It's just the super high load target at partial throttle I drove around a bit and couldn't stand it. But if you want to mimic it on Cobb just go through the tables and make similar changes.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's just the super high load target at partial throttle I drove around a bit and couldn't stand it. But if you want to mimic it on Cobb just go through the tables and make similar changes.
    to each their own; i happen to really like shiv/vishnu throttle mapping. it's what made me stick with procede back in 09-11, even after cobb came out (before ATR).

re: your other post last page, i'd be happy to do some beta testing, i'll PM you re: the BT cable special you're running. thanks :thumbsup:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bryce Click here to enlarge
    to each their own; i happen to really like shiv/vishnu throttle mapping. it's what made me stick with procede back in 09-11, even after cobb came out (before ATR).

re: your other post last page, i'd be happy to do some beta testing, i'll PM you re: the BT cable special you're running. thanks :thumbsup:
    You'll have to email me. I always disable all PM systems. Can't deal with multiple channels of communication. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I honestly think there is more to it than just Stock throttle type throttle mapping. I wonder if he was able to read out a rom from a pre 29.2 software car and compared the bin file. It honestly feels like the DME is commanding the wastegates be fully closed by default, and only opening to bleed off boost, rather than the current open by default, and slammed closed to build boost. I can feather the throttle in neutral and it blows off, blip the throttle for a downshift and it blows off.

Click here to enlarge

Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast