Close

Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't know if the plan is to sell to IB as IB would have likely already tried.
    I "heard" they tried but there was a price dispute. I got it in my mind a year or two ago it would be fun to make a run at it so did a bit of research. Personally to make it work now I think IB would need to grab all the BMW sites (e90post, bfest, this one, etc) and unite them under e90post. Which may not be practical. IMHO they've been burned before in purchases where ownership just starts or joins another site. I've also wondered what e90post may be worth. Just off the cuff if they have 80 vendors paying an average of $300 each per month that is only $300k/yr in revenue. Expenses are low but there are some expenses especially on the labor end. I don't know the numbers but maybe IB offered something like 1m w/ 70% stock and they balked thinking their site is worth way more. No way of knowing for sure.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 07-30-2013 at 11:56 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wouldn't there be additional ad money too?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Wouldn't there be additional ad money too?
    I don't know how to quantify it but I would bet the majority of revenue is sponsor based. I will say I think BMS does more in a month than they do in an entire year. Click here to enlarge

(can you tell I'm still bitter they banned me in 2007?) Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 07-31-2013 at 12:05 AM.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I "heard" they tried but there was a price dispute. Personally to make it work now I think IB would need to grab all the BMW sites (e90post, bfest, this one, etc) and unite them under e90post. Which may not be practical. IMHO they've been burned before in purchases where ownership just starts or joins another site. I've also wondered what e90post may be worth. Just off the cuff if they have 80 vendors paying an average of $300 each per month that is only $300k/yr in revenue. Expenses are low but there are some expenses especially on the labor end. I don't know the numbers but maybe IB offered something like 1m w/ 70% stock and they balked thinking their site is worth way more. No way of knowing for sure.
    I calculated them out to under $50k a month as we discussed once but that's likely the high side.

Jason doesn't really write any of his content and he has others do all the work for him so yes definitely expenses there. I don't think he maintains it himself either as that wordpress bridge was done by somebody else and I managed to find who did his mobile app for him which cost him quite a bit. Tried to get them to build me an app but they conveniently were just bought out...

Something that brings in ~$300k a year though is worth more than 1 million. Should be closer to $3-4 especially if growth is factored in but websites aren't real estate.

The revenue is likely split between him and Mark and I don't know who else. Anyway, I'm not too concerned about what they make I'm concerned with building a bigger and better forum network. I've got my hands full.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    It's worse than you even realize. Vendors have gotten fed up with the policies. Not only are they costing themselves members and their reputation, now it's money.
    Our vendor status changed a couple weeks ago... I prefer to post on sites where people can speak their opinion even if its not the same as mine.
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge
    web | forum | blog | facebook | twitter | youtube

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Josh@Cobb Click here to enlarge
    Our vendor status changed a couple weeks ago... I prefer to post on sites where people can speak their opinion even if its not the same as mine.
    This.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I calculated them out to under $50k a month as we discussed once but that's likely the high side.

Jason doesn't really write any of his content and he has others do all the work for him so yes definitely expenses there. I don't think he maintains it himself either as that wordpress bridge was done by somebody else and I managed to find who did his mobile app for him which cost him quite a bit. Tried to get them to build me an app but they conveniently were just bought out...

Something that brings in ~$300k a year though is worth more than 1 million. Should be closer to $3-4 especially if growth is factored in but websites aren't real estate.

The revenue is likely split between him and Mark and I don't know who else. Anyway, I'm not too concerned about what they make I'm concerned with building a bigger and better forum network. I've got my hands full.
    In a prior life I used to manage a larger business (that bought other smaller businesses) and I personally went by the 1 year revenue or 2-3 years profit rule as a starting point. Of course the seller(s) always tell you "oh, but these clients have been with us for 10 years and will be with us for 10 more". But then why do they want to sell? Click here to enlarge Anyway I have zero experience in evaluating media companies but just look no further than myspace. Customer tastes change on a dime and competitors are everywhere. I would not want to pay out more than 2-3 years profit on it personally.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What I've never understood is how every single vendor can get along with every other vendor for the most part, except Vishnu, yet it's always the non-Vishnu vendor that is the problem. Back in 2007 I figured maybe it's just me. I'm new to this scene, I'm being a prick with some of my posts, etc. But here we are years later and the same story has repeated itself over and over again with Vishnu and other vendors there. I bet Vargas doesn't last another month there and frankly I'll be surprised if RB sticks with it long term when Vargas leaves.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I bet Vargas doesn't last another month there
    I don't think that's a bad bet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if mikes posts get deleted, shivs gotta be paying hush money

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sorry for the lame first post, but I'm not open-source saavy and I have an honest question: I was considering the tablet until stumbling upon this forum. Now I'd much rather have flashing capabilities without having to pay the $400 premium. Once you guys release the software, can I literally download Vishnu's "OTS" maps, and write them to my DME, or would the maps need to be translated to some other format first? And I recall Vishnu stating on the other forum that the programming for the tablet has something to do with the smoothness of his maps -- is that true, or would writing his OTS maps using the BB software result in the exact same flash performance?

Thanks in advance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by evilarexeven Click here to enlarge
    I was considering the tablet until stumbling upon this forum.
    How did you stumble upon it?

Once you guys release the software, can I literally download Vishnu's "OTS" maps, and write them to my DME
    Yes.

And I recall Vishnu stating on the other forum that the programming for the tablet has something to do with the smoothness of his maps -- is that true
    No. And I would hardly call his maps 'smooth' look here: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...flash-map-test

or would writing his OTS maps using the BB software result in the exact same flash performance?
    Exact same thing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    +1 it's like nazi's over there. Even after I questioned Shiv on why mike's posts get deleted they delete the whole thread.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge < Click picture for photoshoot
    E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
    Mods: JB4 + MHD, Doc Race ST, Pure 6266, AD-Eng PI/Mounts, Fuel-It st. 3, Custom Exhaust, Tuned by TwistedTuning
    More Pictures: Build Thread /// Dyno Soon to Come

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    How did you stumble upon it?
    N54tech.com.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I Think some people right now are very busy thinking of a way to encrypt their maps just to prevent the open source option of running away with their intellectual knowledge.
    This is inevitable.
    Maybe we (BB) should set up a directory somewhere and download all DME maps while they still are available before they all get cyphered.
    That way we at least have starting points when this project is finished and fully available for everyone to use.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

That seems like a massive overvaluation. I would have thought it would be more like 2 to 6 times EBIT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    First off, I want to thank all of y'all who contributed to real Open Source tuning for the N54. I can't believe how fast you guys got it accomplished! It was done only like a couple weeks after the Open Flash was released which was the biggest let down. Open Source will advance this platform forward thanks to y'all.

Second, I want to thank Sticky for creating a forum as great as this one is. Bimmerboost is awesome for all the technical posts it has, as well as the great vibe of the community here. It's a much more adult place than the other forum. I swear, it's all about what's the best tune, intake, fmic...yada...yada...yada on the other forum.

I've been lurking for awhile now on the various BMW sites just researching more about various mods for the car. At first, I thought Vishnu products were the be all end all because that's what usually gets posted on e90. After getting linked to this site from Google, I realized that there was a much bigger market for the N54 than just Vishnu products. After reading more and more, I couldn't believe how one forum would be so dedicated to just one vendor. It is pretty amazing the censorship that goes on over there. One would think that they would have the best interests of the community over just one vendor! It's actually amazing to see how many times Shiv has been adamant about certain things just to change his mind at a later date when it's convenient for him. I've been on many car forums and the tuner bashing that goes on in this platform is truly remarkable, but he brings it all on himself. I can't wait for the flood gates to open over at e90 when they have to acknowledge TRUE Open Source tuning just to see what Shiv is going to tell all his Open Flash customers. It will be awesome to witness how he will try to spin it in his favor.

Sorry for the long first post guys. I just wanted to congratulate you guys on achieving this, but I got a little side tracked.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    Congrats! Excellent work!

I want to see how the flash maps from Terry, Shiv, Cobb and PTF will stack up. This is true tuner war. This is true tuning competition in my mind.

Vasil
    At least two of those maps are essentially the same. At most, only three on that list have produced their own maps. I bet it is more like two or one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Thumbs up Just The Facts, M'am

Wow! That is a big time statement! Kind of warms my heart. Opinions, and facts especially, should be heard and discussed, not censored. Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I used to just lurk E90 for at least the last 2 years. I glanced at N54tech from time to time mostly to see what Terry is up to. Only once I saw someone mention the open source being on another forum did I dig and finally find this site, as a result of Terry mentioning BB and just a few google searches from there lead me here.

I'm sitting back and waiting to see what you guys develop and in the mean time and thinking how I want to go about build a carputer to meld with all this. I'm half-way leaning to just buying the Cobb V3 and getting a pro/E-tune since the unit looks so good. Other half says I can just spend that V3+tune money on buildling a unit with the open source tuning and have a nice big screen to view. Oh and all the other media stuff with it.

I come from the DSM/Vr4/Evo world so I've had my hands on all different kinds of tuning software/hardware.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm very new to all this flashing stuff (read: don't know a damned thing) and I'm not a 'car guy' in that most of these discussions are way over my head (however, I'm learning, and that's the best part) but, in my day job, I'm a network engineer who spends pretty much all day writing simple to understand procedural documentation on complex subjects for training purposes.

Once all this is released and I get to understand it, if there's any need for it, I'd gladly write some training documentation for the rest of us (meaning people who just want to install something simply to go faster) based on logical parameters so we don't blow our cars up...

This thing you all are doing for the community is pretty awesome and I'd just like to help in any way that I can... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Are you wondering why people would give their time and not ask anything in return?

If that is your question, my answer to you, is we are enthusiasts. Simple as that. I don't even own an N54 powered car right now. I have a MSD80 DME, a KGM and Female OBD port wired together as a bench unit. Tell me why else I would be involved other than the fact that I enjoy this platform and want to break some of the barriers to unlocking this car and its potential? Using a cable and my computer just makes sense and I don't like being taunted by others who $#@! at my contributions when in reality, they have contributed nothing.
    awesome. Me being a noob, thank you for your time and contributions. I hope we see more break throughs with the N54!
    2010 335i Coupe- Monaco Blue Metallic

CF performance spoiler // VMR V701 18x8.5 (front) 18x9.5 (rear)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Maybe we (BB) should set up a directory somewhere and download all DME maps while they still are available before they all get cyphered.
    Already on it.

Plus nothing will stop people editing the maps in tuner pro and uploading them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nugs Click here to enlarge
    That seems like a massive overvaluation. I would have thought it would be more like 2 to 6 times EBIT.
    I was equating it to real estate in which case it isn't a massive overvaluation at all and a bit conservative.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by golferg35 Click here to enlarge
    First off, I want to thank all of y'all who contributed to real Open Source tuning for the N54. I can't believe how fast you guys got it accomplished! It was done only like a couple weeks after the Open Flash was released which was the biggest let down. Open Source will advance this platform forward thanks to y'all.

Second, I want to thank Sticky for creating a forum as great as this one is. Bimmerboost is awesome for all the technical posts it has, as well as the great vibe of the community here. It's a much more adult place than the other forum. I swear, it's all about what's the best tune, intake, fmic...yada...yada...yada on the other forum.

I've been lurking for awhile now on the various BMW sites just researching more about various mods for the car. At first, I thought Vishnu products were the be all end all because that's what usually gets posted on e90. After getting linked to this site from Google, I realized that there was a much bigger market for the N54 than just Vishnu products. After reading more and more, I couldn't believe how one forum would be so dedicated to just one vendor. It is pretty amazing the censorship that goes on over there. One would think that they would have the best interests of the community over just one vendor! It's actually amazing to see how many times Shiv has been adamant about certain things just to change his mind at a later date when it's convenient for him. I've been on many car forums and the tuner bashing that goes on in this platform is truly remarkable, but he brings it all on himself. I can't wait for the flood gates to open over at e90 when they have to acknowledge TRUE Open Source tuning just to see what Shiv is going to tell all his Open Flash customers. It will be awesome to witness how he will try to spin it in his favor.

Sorry for the long first post guys. I just wanted to congratulate you guys on achieving this, but I got a little side tracked.
    Perfectly fine. Much appreciated, thank you.

Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast