Close

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Just feel sorry about all the noobs (and now unfortunately since prices are so low its a "different kind of people purchasing n54") buying this thing and expecting 600 whp.
    we are going to see many blown n54 soon
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Did my first functional MSD81 write today using BB open flash. This program has come a long way. One member even has done a partial write with it (2min load time vs. 14min). Maybe I'll load up one of Shiv's open source maps next to test it out. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Maybe I'll load up one of Shiv's open source maps next to test it out.
    That's got to be a kick in the balls.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did my first functional MSD81 write today using BB open flash. This program has come a long way. One member even has done a partial write with it (2min load time vs. 14min).
    Almost ready for primetime.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Terry@BMS

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    According to his posts on another forum, it looks like Terry@BMS is looking forward to this update too! Click here to enlarge

"As soon as they add it to the open tablet I'll be sure to copy it for the JB4."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    I think he removed my Click here to enlarge from the end of that. It was a joke but let's get real here. Where you think all this stuff comes from? It's all copied from functional tools. Siemens developed the protocol for doing this stuff and all 3rd party providers search around for examples of that protocol to learn the commands.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    According to his posts on another forum, it looks like Terry@BMS is looking forward to this update too! Click here to enlarge

"As soon as they add it to the open tablet I'll be sure to copy it for the JB4."

And people wonder why he gets negative comments, its because he involves himself by making jabs of his own and is part of the drama. He puts out comments like this, which represents Terry in a certain light, and people get behind that. Terry makes his comments about shiv, and people get behind that. If shiv said nothing, then maybe ashwind's comments may have some worth, but thats just not how it is. They both play the game, and there is nothing to complain about. Everyone can either keep to themselves and let their images do the talking, or everyone can try to paint the picture for each other. I'll say it again, he simply plays the game so he is fair game. If he kept his nose clean from the beginning, then he would in fact be unfairly picked on. But he's not. You can't sling mud for years, then suddenly say look, the other guy hit me in the face with a mud pie, foul!
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We have an excellent N55 product and support as an alternative. Click here to enlarge
    Very happy with the Stage 1 in my N55 X3 - gives a nice kick in the pants kudos for being basically the only one supporting the platform!
    2008 E93 Giac Stage 2, HPF IC, Injen Intake, Defective AR Design DP's with useless cats
    2014 X3 35i JB Stage 1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Little history 101 since you can't seem to be bothered searching on your own:

Shiv comes out with Procede rev.1, $1495. Terry makes a "terry tune" for $10 worth of Radio Shack parts. Terry gets banned. Terry makes JB2, then a JB3, forcing Shiv to drop his price to $895 and comes out with a rev.2. Shiv (rightfully so) bashes the JB3 for riding the knock sensor, Terry says Shiv can't bias fuel pressure properly (rightfully so), Terry comes out with a CPS add-on, Shiv makes a rev 2b, rev 2.5 to address his fuel shortcomings.

Now, here's the fun part. Cobb comes into the game, Shiv screams hell on earth getting many members banned for questioning his marketing tactics regarding how his piggyback can fuel as well as a flash and is overall better than a flash. Enter 2013, he offers a ProcedeFlash because it was obviously true, pretty much abandons the Procede and his existing customers, basically rendering the unit a glorified boost controller. Enter July 15th, flash tuning is the best thing since sliced bread and it's cheaper than Cobb.

Now here's a laundry list of things Shiv "promised" and failed to deliver:

-misfire fix for Procede rev.2 V4 users
    -flow sensor replacements for his PPS meth kit buyers
    -permanent VIN unlock firmware
    -flexfuel firmware update
    -AFR imbalance fix, fuel trim flatline fix for Procede owners

And before you think this is unique to Shiv, we've all picked at both BMS and Cobb too. The difference between Shiv and others is... they acknowledge problems and work to fix them. Shiv will dodge, deflect and delete posts, and "fix" the issue in another product release. History repeats itself. Hope you learned something today.
    Don't forget about the three part fueling solution he had too. There was only a part one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Had a chance to view the Open Flash Table OTS Stage 0 and 1 maps and thought I'd share some feedback. In short, VANOS and Boost Control (PID) is fully copied from Cobb's OTS maps. Fuel is run at 11.2:1 and timing is VERY aggressive for 91 octane. Everyone on ACN 91 will definitely be correcting heavily on these maps with timing set on the Stage 1 map to be 4-11deg at redline.

1) VANOS tables are a copy of Cobb's OTS maps.
    2) WGDC Ceiling and Adder tables are the same as Cobb's E30/Race maps! Ouch.
    3) Timing is 4-11deg on 91 octane! ACN 91 or just about anyone with 91 octane out there really, I feel bad, your motors will definitely be correcting heavily across all cylinders on this much boost/timing, no supporting mods and 91 octane Click here to enlarge If you get away with 5deg of timing at redline with this VANOS setup and boost you can consider yourself lucky on ACN 91. Hopefully you add that cylinder 1-6 timing logging soon for your customers. Even 93 octane will have trouble supporting this much without incurring pretty significant timing corrections.
    4) Fuel target is set to target 11.2:1. Meh, but OK, its 91 octane.
    5) Fuel pressure copied from Cobb's OTS maps.

I am now really confused why some guys on e90Post are jumping and screaming about how much better this is. Especially those that had Cobb before as these are literally copies of Cobb's maps outside of overly aggressive Timing for 91 and rich Fuel targets? Shiv, is that really just you posting under different accounts? LOL

The people reporting wavy acceleration on these "OTS" maps are feeling it because of the WGDC setup down low that is most likely causing their boost to overshoot target and in turn induce throttle closures. Nothing that some custom tuning can't sort out but to say this is the best thing since sliced bread and go as far as saying thes Open Flash Tablet OTS maps are better than Procede's boost control now that you're selling it, why? Because you're now selling it?

Open Flash Tablet - Vishnu Stage 0 OTS Map - made for stock car on 91 octane
    Click here to enlarge

Open Flash Tablet - Vishnu Stage 1 OTS Map - some run it on a stock+DCI cars...is this really what you recommend for just a DCI on 91? I'm honestly just very confused as to why!
    Click here to enlarge

It must feel great to finally be able to do your tuning right. I have to give you that one.

Cheers
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 07-29-2013 at 04:14 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    Had a chance to view the Open Flash Table OTS Stage 0 and 1 maps and thought I'd share some feedback. In short, VANOS and Boost Control (PID) is fully copied from Cobb's OTS maps. Fuel is run at 11.2:1 and timing is VERY aggressive for 91 octane. Everyone on ACN 91 will definitely be correcting heavily on these maps with timing set on the Stage 1 map to be 4-11deg at redline.

3) Timing is 4-11deg on 91 octane! ACN 91 or just about anyone with 91 octane out there really, I feel bad, your motors will definitely be correcting heavily across all cylinders on this much boost/timing, no supporting mods and 91 octane Click here to enlarge If you get away with 5deg of timing at redline with this VANOS setup and boost you can consider yourself lucky on ACN 91. Hopefully you add that cylinder 1-6 timing logging soon for your customers. Even 93 octane will have trouble supporting this much without incurring pretty significant timing corrections.

I am now really confused why some guys on e90Post are jumping and screaming about how much better this is. Especially those that had Cobb before as these are literally copies of Cobb's maps outside of overly aggressive Timing for 91 and rich Fuel targets? Shiv, is that really just you posting under different accounts? LOL

The people reporting wavy acceleration on these "OTS" maps are feeling it because of the WGDC setup down low that is most likely causing their boost to overshoot target and in turn induce throttle closures. Nothing that some custom tuning can't sort out but to say this is the best thing since sliced bread and go as far as saying thes Open Flash Tablet OTS maps are better than Procede's boost control now that you're selling it, why? Because you're now selling it?

Open Flash Table Stage 0 OTS Map - made for stock car on 91 octane

Open Flash Table Stage 1 OTS Map - some run it on a stock+DCI cars...is this really what you recommend for just a DCI on 91? I'm honestly just very confused as to why!

It must feel great to finally be able to do your tuning right. I have to give you that one.

Cheers

Interesting... I was thinking about purchasing the OF Tablet, but my one concern was the long term effects of running such a high boost and any other side effects. I think I will be holding off until there are more thorough reviews/logging much like yours. Thanks
    2010 335i Coupe- Monaco Blue Metallic

CF performance spoiler // VMR V701 18x8.5 (front) 18x9.5 (rear)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dzenno confirms what I have been saying from the start. Can't wait to see logs once they are actually available. That is if he decides to monitor cylinders 1-6.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    Dzenno confirms what I have been saying from the start. Can't wait to see logs once they are actually available. That is if he decides to monitor cylinders 1-6.
    Well, he monitors cylinder 1, right? Please say it is so still haha
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    and terrys logs justify why shiv has been ignoring my question about auto timing issues

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks Dzenno. Useful information. I'd rep you but I have to spread it around before repping you again, lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    .......In short, VANOS and Boost Control (PID) is fully copied from Cobb's OTS maps......

I am now really confused why some guys on e90Post are jumping and screaming about how much better this is. Especially those that had Cobb before as these are literally copies of Cobb's maps ....

Cheers
    Plagiarism at its finest...lol . I had a feeling he copied something, but damn it looks like he just about plagiarized most of the Cobb AP. Then on the same footing he has begun to plagiarize Terry's stack tune concept...lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Open Flash Tablet - Vishnu Stage 0 OTS Map - made for stock car on 91 octane
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...42e12c1c-1.png

Open Flash Tablet - Vishnu Stage 1 OTS Map - some run it on a stock+DCI cars...is this really what you recommend for just a DCI on 91? I'm honestly just very confused as to why!
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...71386fb8-1.png

Cheers

if his tuning is what you say it is, it is a near clone of S2+FMIC with richer AFR targets. I dont see how that cannot be supported on 93 octane. S2+FMIC aggressive runs even more timing at a 12.0 afr target.

im the last one to defend shiv, but your statements are questionable at best.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    I read on one of his post that his upcoming update to the Procede will have the ability to monitor cyl 1-6 timing BUT with a Procede back end flash. LOL, does Terry have an evil twin ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    Plagiarism at its finest...lol . I had a feeling he copied something, but damn it looks like he just about plagiarized most of the Cobb AP. Then on the same footing he has begun to plagiarize Terry's stack tune concept...lol
    Well, stacking piggies came from me actually out of desperation to change things before Cobb released ATR/ATP Click here to enlarge glad many found it quite useful
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    if his tuning is what you say it is, it is a near clone of S2+FMIC with richer AFR targets. I dont see how that cannot be supported on 93 octane. S2+FMIC aggressive runs even more timing at a 12.0 afr target.

im the last one to defend shiv, but your statements are questionable at best.
    LOL
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Everyone over there was saying shiv is a tuner and Cobb are just hacks. So shiv's amazing tuning ability allows him just to basically straight up copy Cobb maps. Too f*cking funny.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How is it that the guys at Cobb are hacks when they successfully offer products and support for multiple platforms? Seriously, who says this stuff?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How is that the guys at Cobb are hacks when they successfully offer products and support for multiple platforms? Seriously, who says this stuff?
    Its the age old way of creating sheep, keep telling a group of people something for so long and making sure nothing contrary ever gets to them and eventually they have no choice to believe it. In other instances they are called cults. People are so good at it they can convince people to kill themselves for the good of the cult, convincing a group of people you have been a supporter of flash tunes all along and never said they were inferior now that you sell a copy of the one you were bashing is easy in comparison to that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Its the age old way of creating sheep, keep telling a group of people something for so long and making sure nothing contrary ever gets to them and eventually they have no choice to believe it. In other instances they are called cults. People are so good at it they can convince people to kill themselves for the good of the cult, convincing a group of people you have been a supporter of flash tunes all along and never said they were inferior now that you sell a copy of the one you were bashing is easy in comparison to that.
    It just doesn't make any sense when Cobb came before any of this OpenFlash stuff and is working on flashing the F30 which nobody has a flash solution for. While they are doing all of that a product comes out after the fact that 'perhaps' ripped some things off from Cobb and now it is being proclaimed that it's somehow better?

Does logical thought really escape so many people?

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast