Close

Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boom Click here to enlarge
    Even COBB is only welcome in their own vendor threads. They post here more than anywhere else.
    You may see their posting stop there entirely soon...
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I knew I'd get neg repped for that Click here to enlarge
    Well did you know you would get positive repped for that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So doesn't that mean you should be chastising a person for dragging down the community by portraying something a open source and then doing something completely different for money? As in, selling out morally?
    I honestly don't think he understands. By the way he stated that Open Flash was a notch above seems to me he still thinks its open source and doesn't see anything wrong with what Shiv did.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    I honestly don't think he understands. By the way he stated that Open Flash was a notch above seems to me he still thinks its open source and doesn't see anything wrong with what Shiv did.
    What is it a notch above exactly? The original gameboy in resolution?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What is it a notch above exactly? The original gameboy in resolution?
    Who the hell knows.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Who the hell knows.
    gauge hijacking and realtime data i guess...

well, if he wants to play that card, with a bt cable we have actual data logging Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Donald,
    This is my last post addressing your questions. Again, you need to investigate Shiv's past behavior with members here, other forums, and other platforms if you really want to know. If you don't, sit back and enjoy your tune. I'm sure it's working on your car.
    You continue to say "live and let live" yet you are communicating your dissatisfaction with the opinions of many here. Practice what you preach. If you truly feel like developing an opinion then do the work. D E V E L O P the opinion by understanding past events. Shiv has been in this game for decades. He worked on Subies and Evos before the n54's. He is a master of keeping things that he doesn't want public disguised or buried. I'd bet he spent more time early on ingratiating himself with the owners of e90 than he did on product development and sales - that is if he doesn't own the forum outright. I would be lots of money that his relationship there is not as a simple vendor. The bias is too strong and the censorship is immediate for things that range from grossly inapropriate to simple questions or notifications. Threads were made there announcing this open source project without mention of this site or the creators and they were summarily deleted instantaneously. I received an infraction in 2 minutes for posting the screenshot in this thread because it had the forum name in it.
    If that site was dedicated to the community and making the cars work better, they'd welcome all information. Even COBB is only welcome in their own vendor threads. They post here more than anywhere else. That says a lot considering they're the premier tuner for the GT-R, Evo, Suby, Mazdaspeed, etc.
    Please enjoy your car and post logs of your tune. Contribute information, ask questions, posit theories for making things work better, or just post pix of your naked girlfriend next to your ride. Stop telling people how to feel unless you have specific information about an incident.

You want rep, post some BT logs of your tune including ign adv, MAP, AFR, etc. Help the community.

Sure, i'll write a review and post logs and as soon as logging is available. Don't have a BT cable unfortunately.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    You don't want to get into this Donald. Trust me. Leave it alone. Positive rep for speaking your mind.
    Thanks for that Click here to enlarge Lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    You are missing my point. If we were to dig into the past posts of all the tuners of this platform, I'm sure we'd find plenty of hypocrisy from all corners. Shiv for some reason is held to a different, much higher standard.

Shiv helps release a $400 flashing device with awesome OTS maps and he is the most evil thing since darth vader.
    Little history 101 since you can't seem to be bothered searching on your own:

Shiv comes out with Procede rev.1, $1495. Terry makes a "terry tune" for $10 worth of Radio Shack parts. Terry gets banned. Terry makes JB2, then a JB3, forcing Shiv to drop his price to $895 and comes out with a rev.2. Shiv (rightfully so) bashes the JB3 for riding the knock sensor, Terry says Shiv can't bias fuel pressure properly (rightfully so), Terry comes out with a CPS add-on, Shiv makes a rev 2b, rev 2.5 to address his fuel shortcomings.

Now, here's the fun part. Cobb comes into the game, Shiv screams hell on earth getting many members banned for questioning his marketing tactics regarding how his piggyback can fuel as well as a flash and is overall better than a flash. Enter 2013, he offers a ProcedeFlash because it was obviously true, pretty much abandons the Procede and his existing customers, basically rendering the unit a glorified boost controller. Enter July 15th, flash tuning is the best thing since sliced bread and it's cheaper than Cobb.

Now here's a laundry list of things Shiv "promised" and failed to deliver:

-misfire fix for Procede rev.2 V4 users
    -flow sensor replacements for his PPS meth kit buyers
    -permanent VIN unlock firmware
    -flexfuel firmware update
    -AFR imbalance fix, fuel trim flatline fix for Procede owners

And before you think this is unique to Shiv, we've all picked at both BMS and Cobb too. The difference between Shiv and others is... they acknowledge problems and work to fix them. Shiv will dodge, deflect and delete posts, and "fix" the issue in another product release. History repeats itself. Hope you learned something today.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    You don't want to get into this Donald. Trust me. Leave it alone. Positive rep for speaking your mind.
    You know what I think? I believe if you have a clean slate, keep to yourself and your own products and do not bring others people into your posts or refuse to acknowledge them or do so in the appropriate manner, then not much negative can really be said about you, and a rolling reputation would be developed like shiv has. Look at ams, CPE, ar design, MS, and pretty much every other N54 vendor on any forum. They push their stuff, keep their nose clean and they do their thing. Shiv gets involved in the drama. If you play the game, then your fair game. Its not like shiv is some defenseless innovator who is unjustly being picked on. In many cases I've seen the mudslinging at shiv go too far. But its also the boy who cried wolf scenario. Eventually, if you spill the milk enough times someone is going to want to speak up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And this may sound evil, but Shiv has no other platform to move onto right now. Going domestic won't ever cover his lambo payments (marketing a Procede to the Ecoboost crowd would get him laughed right off the forums) and after his N55 fiasco I doubt any newer BMW platform would ever welcome him.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Donald,
    This is my last post addressing your questions. Again, you need to investigate Shiv's past behavior with members here, other forums, and other platforms if you really want to know. If you don't, sit back and enjoy your tune. I'm sure it's working on your car.
    You continue to say "live and let live" yet you are communicating your dissatisfaction with the opinions of many here. Practice what you preach. If you truly feel like developing an opinion then do the work. D E V E L O P the opinion by understanding past events. Shiv has been in this game for decades. He worked on Subies and Evos before the n54's. He is a master of keeping things that he doesn't want public disguised or buried. I'd bet he spent more time early on ingratiating himself with the owners of e90 than he did on product development and sales - that is if he doesn't own the forum outright. I would be lots of money that his relationship there is not as a simple vendor. The bias is too strong and the censorship is immediate for things that range from grossly inapropriate to simple questions or notifications. Threads were made there announcing this open source project without mention of this site or the creators and they were summarily deleted instantaneously. I received an infraction in 2 minutes for posting the screenshot in this thread because it had the forum name in it.
    If that site was dedicated to the community and making the cars work better, they'd welcome all information. Even COBB is only welcome in their own vendor threads. They post here more than anywhere else. That says a lot considering they're the premier tuner for the GT-R, Evo, Suby, Mazdaspeed, etc.
    Please enjoy your car and post logs of your tune. Contribute information, ask questions, posit theories for making things work better, or just post pix of your naked girlfriend next to your ride. Stop telling people how to feel unless you have specific information about an incident.

You want rep, post some BT logs of your tune including ign adv, MAP, AFR, etc. Help the community.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here but this guys writing style reminds me an awful lot of "Leguna Seca Blue". Ashwin Makhija. Not just his writing style but also his compassionate defense of Shiv. I'm going to go out on a limb and bet $1 that if someone were to check this guys IP it would be from either Colorado or Hong Kong and not Singapore as he claims.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I'm going to go out on a limb here but this guys writing style reminds me an awful lot of "Leguna Seca Blue". Ashwin Makhija. Not just his writing style but also his compassionate defense of Shiv. I'm going to go out on a limb and bet $1 that if someone were to check this guys IP it would be from either Colorado or Hong Kong and not Singapore as he claims.
    I miss Ashwin Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    And this may sound evil, but Shiv has no other platform to move onto right now. Going domestic won't ever cover his lambo payments (marketing a Procede to the Ecoboost crowd would get him laughed right off the forums) and after his N55 fiasco I doubt any newer BMW platform would ever welcome him.
    Truth hurts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I thought it was Asswind? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How many members posting from Hong Kong do we have?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, well, well:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So Shiv's number 1 fanboy registers his third account here, posts under a false identity, and is telling everyone about how we should be nice, honest, merry, and get along.

HILARIOUS

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for that Click here to enlarge Lol.
    Multiple accounts are against the rules. Don't let the door or Shiv's penis hit your ass on the way out.

Goodbye.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You really couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Long time lurker of Nazipost and BB, lol Asswind.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by soccer12345 Click here to enlarge
    Long time lurker of Nazipost and BB, lol Asswind.
    Good time to get your first post in.

Sure is fun, isn't it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Couldn't help my self, Terry was spot on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

@Terry@BMS you may have a career as an essay reader for a major Ivy League school. I would never have guessed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I should have manually searched it earlier.

Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast