Close

Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 949
  1. #351
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    199
    Rep Points
    343.3
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    5 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    I'd like to try and say something constructive.

    From what i can see, You guys have created a reality on Bimmerboost where Shiv is the evil protagonist and must be stopped at all costs. I feel like the Internet can remove basic human sensibilities from our interactions. Just like you, Shiv is a human being with a mother, father, and siblings. He is confident, he has insecurities. He is intelligent, he sometimes does dumb things. He cares for others, he can be selfish. He is honest, occasionally he can be misleading. He is HUMAN!!

    Honestly, I find this forum very depressing. There is a dark cloud of dispair hanging over it. Be loud, be proud and above all be POSITIVE. We're a small community, lets build each other up. Enough with all the negativity. Regardless of what you think of a Shiv, this obsession with trying to destroy his livelihood seems a little narsasistic. Our time on Earth is short. Spend it with joy in your heart and with the intention that when you leave this world, it will be a slightly better place because of the things you did and the way you conducted yourself.

    It would be nice if my message wasn't followed up by all the terrible things Shiv has done. Leave it alone. Live and let live.
    $#@! off Donald!!!!

  2. #352
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    7.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I'm going to be positive and assume that says "Suck off Donald!!!!" Good thing my profanity filters are on Click here to enlarge.

  3. #353
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Hudson, WI
    Posts
    4
    Rep Points
    14.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I'm looking forward to playing with the software.

  4. #354
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    962
    Rep Points
    1,141.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Lol Great job...I knew to wait it out and not jump into the suposedly offerings, this is a much better soluton for sure...Thanks for the progress on this!! Awesome
    Click here to enlarge

  5. #355
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    194
    Rep Points
    279.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Hey guys, another quick question, since i think i was misunderstanding the VIN-locked BT cable's role in all this. So their "VIN Lock" only has to do with their software, Ie: if i found a used cable for cheap that had it's 3 VINs used up, that cable would still work with the Open Source Flash Loader?

    I was under the impression before that the BT Cable's VIN Lock would be enforced with the Open Source Flash loader software. I was really confused because everybody was saying there would be no VIN-lock with the Open Source project, but I kept thinking to myself that isn't right if it requires a cable that is VIN-locked (except for the outrageously expensive Professional versions).

    Thanks for your help.
    Prototype 2007 Monaco E83 'X3M' | N54 Swap | Dual Cone Intake | VRSF CP & DPs | CXR Intercooler | ER Dual Oil Coolers | Dual 2.5" w/X-Pipe | M3 Rear Exhaust | 20" BC Forged HB05 | Michelin PSS 265 & 305 | F10 M5 & F80 M3 Brakes | KW Variant 2 | H&R Swaybars | TMS Z4M Camber Arms | Z4 Finned Diff | BMW Perf. Grills w/Tri-Color | Custom M Aerodynamics | CF Trim | M Perf. Carbon Shift & Handbrake Knobs | BMW Perf. SS Pedals | M3 Dead Pedal | V1 Hardwired | Int LEDs | Umnitza Orion v4 AE & More

  6. #356
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    He is HUMAN!!
    I need more evidence.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    It would be nice if my message wasn't followed up by all the terrible things Shiv has done. Leave it alone. Live and let live.
    Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #357
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    this obsession with trying to destroy his livelihood seems a little narsasistic. Our time on Earth is short. Spend it with joy in your heart and with the intention that when you leave this world, it will be a slightly better place because of the things you did and the way you conducted yourself.
    Right, trying to destroy his livelihood is the reasoning. It's all pooling of resources for one minor tuner trying to figure out how to make a quick buck off the community this week. It has nothing to do with, oh, trying to open tuning up for the entire community as was promised and then snatched away for whatever reason.

    Where were you then? Where were you to help make this a better place by putting in the effort to do the right thing and not allow someone to set progress backward for some dollars?

    Last I checked, there are people doing this work FOR FREE versus someone trying to figure out the best way to slow progress for profit.

    Leave it alone. Live and let live.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #358
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Park Ridge, IL
    Posts
    233
    Rep Points
    16.8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by C///M Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys, another quick question, since i think i was misunderstanding the VIN-locked BT cable's role in all this. So their "VIN Lock" only has to do with their software, Ie: if i found a used cable for cheap that had it's 3 VINs used up, that cable would still work with the Open Source Flash Loader?

    I was under the impression before that the BT Cable's VIN Lock would be enforced with the Open Source Flash loader software. I was really confused because everybody was saying there would be no VIN-lock with the Open Source project, but I kept thinking to myself that isn't right if it requires a cable that is VIN-locked (except for the outrageously expensive Professional versions).

    Thanks for your help.
    The way I have understood it, even if the cable has used all the remaining VIN's it will work fine with this flashing project.

  9. #359
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    I'm going to be positive and assume that says "Suck off Donald!!!!"
    I have yet to see any man tell another man it is positive when one asks another to suck him off. But hey, life is short, do what makes you happy!

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #360
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Houston under a book
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Points
    2,675.5
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by C///M Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys, another quick question, since i think i was misunderstanding the VIN-locked BT cable's role in all this. So their "VIN Lock" only has to do with their software, Ie: if i found a used cable for cheap that had it's 3 VINs used up, that cable would still work with the Open Source Flash Loader?

    I was under the impression before that the BT Cable's VIN Lock would be enforced with the Open Source Flash loader software. I was really confused because everybody was saying there would be no VIN-lock with the Open Source project, but I kept thinking to myself that isn't right if it requires a cable that is VIN-locked (except for the outrageously expensive Professional versions).

    Thanks for your help.
    The cable has an integrated circuit internally that supports the different communications protocols for our cars. USB is a much different protocol than something like DCAN, KCAN, etc so the cable works to translate. The VIN lock is inside the circuitry in the cable itsself. Not sure how it works because I don't have one, but probably something like you plug in the cable, and in order to use the cable it will have to be "paired" with a car, then you can use it much like any USB device to flash your ECM or whatever you want. Think of it less as a "cable" and more as a piece of electronics.

    There are DCAN cables that do not have to be "paired", but they are cheap and use cheaper chinese circuitry to do the translating. It will be 100% possible to use these at some point in the near future, but the project guys I think just wanted to start with something 100% bulletproof.

  11. #361
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    7.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I have yet to see any man tell another man it is positive when one asks another to suck him off. But hey, life is short, do what makes you happy!
    Your reading comprehension needs a little work, brother. At the end of the day, I don't know you, and I don't know what motivates you, but your fixation with Shiv is...interesting.

  12. #362
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ...For now
    Posts
    536
    Rep Points
    1,566.8
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Donald shhhhh walk away, no tears will be shed here for sHIV so your wall of text is a waste of your time and everyone else who bothers to read it hoping to find something related to the topic at hand.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s



  13. #363
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,129
    Rep Points
    9,106.3
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    92


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    I'd like to try and say something constructive.

    From what i can see, You guys have created a reality on Bimmerboost where Shiv is the evil protagonist and must be stopped at all costs. I feel like the Internet can remove basic human sensibilities from our interactions. Just like you, Shiv is a human being with a mother, father, and siblings. He is confident, he has insecurities. He is intelligent, he sometimes does dumb things. He cares for others, he can be selfish. He is honest, occasionally he can be misleading. He is HUMAN!!

    Honestly, I find this forum very depressing. There is a dark cloud of dispair hanging over it. Be loud, be proud and above all be POSITIVE. We're a small community, lets build each other up. Enough with all the negativity. Regardless of what you think of a Shiv, this obsession with trying to destroy his livelihood seems a little narsasistic. Our time on Earth is short. Spend it with joy in your heart and with the intention that when you leave this world, it will be a slightly better place because of the things you did and the way you conducted yourself.

    It would be nice if my message wasn't followed up by all the terrible things Shiv has done. Leave it alone. Live and let live.
    I think you're taking this forum banter a bit too seriously. Most of us have met Shiv at one point or another. He's not the antichrist and I don't think he needs anyone defending him. He throws just as many barbs as he takes. We've all just gotten used to communicating with him in his own language. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  14. #364
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    Your reading comprehension needs a little work, brother. At the end of the day, I don't know you, and I don't know what motivates you, but your fixation with Shiv is...interesting.
    My fixation with donating my time and money to make things right for no monetary gain? Versus taking advantage of the community with VIN locked and limited software/hardware FOR profit? You are defending one of these versus the other? You sure it's me that needs help with comprehension?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #365
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    32
    Rep Points
    43.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by C///M Click here to enlarge
    So their "VIN Lock" only has to do with their software, Ie: if i found a used cable for cheap that had it's 3 VINs used up, that cable would still work with the Open Source Flash Loader?
    .
    Correct,

    If you're not using the BT software there isn't any locking going on.

  16. #366
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    203
    Rep Points
    84.6
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv
    Use a stylus or the tip of a ball point pen (but do not press down hard!) to calibrate. It's a pretty high resolution screen so if your fingertips are as dull as mine, it will never finish calibrating unless u touch with a finer tip.
    couldn't help but chuckle at that...
    Click here to enlarge

  17. #367
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,190
    Rep Points
    1,457.0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    couldn't help but chuckle at that...
    High resolution for 1999 maybe.

  18. #368
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,129
    Rep Points
    9,106.3
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    92


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    High resolution for 1999 maybe.
    Tablet v2 w/ "retina display". 600x400 res. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  19. #369
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,484
    Rep Points
    -18.8
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Tablet v2 w/ "retina display". 600x400 res. Click here to enlarge
    Don't forget the all new tablet v2 lightning connector, it will cut down read times from an hour to 50 minutes Click here to enlarge

  20. #370
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    88
    Rep Points
    65.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    I'd like to try and say something constructive.

    From what i can see, You guys have created a reality on Bimmerboost where Shiv is the evil protagonist and must be stopped at all costs. I feel like the Internet can remove basic human sensibilities from our interactions. Just like you, Shiv is a human being with a mother, father, and siblings. He is confident, he has insecurities. He is intelligent, he sometimes does dumb things. He cares for others, he can be selfish. He is honest, occasionally he can be misleading. He is HUMAN!!

    Honestly, I find this forum very depressing. There is a dark cloud of dispair hanging over it. Be loud, be proud and above all be POSITIVE. We're a small community, lets build each other up. Enough with all the negativity. Regardless of what you think of a Shiv, this obsession with trying to destroy his livelihood seems a little narsasistic. Our time on Earth is short. Spend it with joy in your heart and with the intention that when you leave this world, it will be a slightly better place because of the things you did and the way you conducted yourself.

    It would be nice if my message wasn't followed up by all the terrible things Shiv has done. Leave it alone. Live and let live.
    It's precisely these feelings that I share. While I might have problems with certain business practices, the "dark cloud" you speak of is one of the reasons why I took so long to register for this forum, or even say anything. It's the tuning war I don't have a palate for. I just want a fast, solid car. I'd positive rep you if I had enough points to do so.

  21. #371
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ferruccio Click here to enlarge
    It's precisely these feelings that I share. While I might have problems with certain business practices, the "dark cloud" you speak of is one of the reasons why I took so long to register for this forum, or even say anything. It's the tuning war I don't have a palate for. I just want a fast, solid car. I'd positive rep you if I had enough points to do so.
    If this is too rough and open for you there are heavily censored alternatives where you won't have to put in much thought and where it's watered down to a PG level. Might be more your speed.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  22. #372
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    666
    Rep Points
    1,745.2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I don't think they realize that pretty much everyone is at each other's throats all the time. That's not very nice but it is realistic. The other board doesn't show it as much because it's so heavily censored and moderated. Unfortunately, it's not done so in anything like an unbiased manner, so you see a bunch of positive posts there about one vendor in particular, and think this forum is a dark cloud in comparison. The world isn't always a nice sunshiny place; at least here you have to back up what you say, and unless someone is really out of line, whatever you write stays. I'd rather see reality personally. As a side note, there are some vendors here which do not "engage the enemy", so all types do exist here. Bottom line is that it's the choice between equal ground (Shiv could be a vendor if he chose to) and the mess that sometimes comes with that, or big brother moderating everything for you so that what a few have decided goes.

    When I want to hear propaganda, be entertained by some new Shivalry, read about how to void warranties with non authorized car fresheners, or the occasional helpful DIY, I check them out. Otherwise here is where it's at.

  23. #373
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SCGT Click here to enlarge
    choice between equal ground
    This

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SCGT Click here to enlarge
    (Shiv could be a vendor if he chose to)
    Answers this.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SCGT Click here to enlarge
    and the mess that sometimes comes with that, or big brother moderating everything for you so that what a few have decided goes.
    And if there are posts members don't want to read, the members can remove them themselves as a group. Since the vast majority of posts are not negatively rated that should go to show people prefer to not have content filtered for them. They prefer to make their own choice.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  24. #374
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,697
    Rep Points
    1,990.5
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    20


    4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    LOL at people scared to post here because of a "dark cloud".

    Seriously grow a f*cking pair.

  25. #375
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    It amazes me there are people who prefer a tightly regulated politically correct police state over personal responsibility.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •