Close

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by litxus Click here to enlarge
    Not sure if this was asked before, but is someone going to upload "open flash" maps as I thought they were free (couldn't find them)? But again, maybe Shiv changed his mind and it was meant free to "open flash" tablet?
    I have the maps if you would like them, just PM me.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, just need to get BT cable firstClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The software is free. Finding maps is your business.

If users want to upload maps that is up to them.

I'm currently working on providing a cheap canned tune solution for people. I'm also working on providing a solution for tuners to upload maps that can be purchased.

No amateur maps have been uploaded yet but anyone is free to do so. Keep in mind the database has not even been up for a week yet.
    Yes, I agree all this is fairly new and looks much more promising than any solution out there (for free). I'm in no rush, but this looks to be evolving faster than "open flash".

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I have the maps if you would like them, just PM me.
    Forum noob, can't PM yet. Can you send me a link? Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by litxus Click here to enlarge
    Yes, I agree all this is fairly new and looks much more promising than any solution out there (for free). I'm in no rush, but this looks to be evolving faster than "open flash".
    It will have to evolve faster by default as it is essentially supported by the community. More people are working toward this versus another person figuring out how to best make money with it. It's good versus evil but evil is getting paid.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by j_syk Click here to enlarge
    Forum noob, can't PM yet. Can you send me a link? Thanks
    You can PM now.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    An Ipad isn't the best way to experience the forum it is currently designed for the desktop. The Ipad is limited and many of the apps out don't follow the security rules namely tapatalk. The others just suck.

I won't settle for watering the forum down if we get an app it will be a custom app to my specifications or none at all.
    Sad but true.

The BimmerPost apps are garbage and I always use the browser on my Galaxy S4 to view any forum's website and it works great. Surely the iPad has a full fledged web browser?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    I guess the guys on this board are coming up with a lot of OTS and other maps. I think there is only a couple of guys working on N54 at Cobb, but an open source initiative could have 100 enthusiasts.
    Will, consider this, who will validate any original OTS map and how will it be validated?

There is a wealth of talent at Cobb from which they can draw to assign to their projects. It is just not a couple of guys, I assure you.

It will be interesting to see how quickly (or not) guys mucking around can break the early, let alone the later, N55 encryption.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
    Surely the iPad has a full fledged web browser?
    It does so I don't even see the point of an app. Especially considering I got image uploading working fine on mobile devices and tablets now plus the updated style fits mobile devices perfectly.

Soo... why do we even need an app other than to show off?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Looks like Shiv & Co. are hawking the tablet for the BRZ now. Click here to enlarge

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1203669
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Looks like Shiv & Co. are hawking the tablet for the BRZ now. Click here to enlarge

seems sad that they're only getting 188whp out of those with fbo and flash.. i haven't seen numbers that low since my 86 Trans Am Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kuch335 Click here to enlarge
    seems sad that they're only getting 188whp out of those with fbo and flash.. i haven't seen numbers that low since my 86 Trans Am Click here to enlarge
    But the BRZ is anywhere from 300-600 lbs lighter (depending on options on both cars) and can actually turn ;D
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kuch335 Click here to enlarge
    Try a MB C250... Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

For the guys that have been using tuner pro, is it possible to shut the ses light off for being catless?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    For the guys that have been using tuner pro, is it possible to shut the ses light off for being catless?

Yes, you can use Shiv's XDF files - they have the 02 code toggles defined.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Yes, you can use Shiv's XDF files - they have the 02 code toggles defined.
    Can't rep you again, but thanks for the info.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge

I thought the original cost of the tablet was $395? It appears to have gone up to $495.

First, I would not be happy with the very meager gains the BRZ is seeing and second, it appears "Rombihood" is looking to redistribute another $100 right out of your wallet!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by eric84405 Click here to enlarge
    I thought the original cost of the tablet was $395? It appears to have gone up to $495.

First, I would not be happy with the very meager gains the BRZ is seeing and second, it appears "Rombihood" is looking to redistribute another $100 right out of your wallet!
    eh, supply and demand. very limited market that platform has. kinda like how Shiv got away with charging $1495 for a Procede before BMS came around.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Not sure what you're looking at, but I just looked online and it's $395.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    Not sure what you're looking at, but I just looked online and it's $395.
    The BRZ version.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

I know a lot of people don't agree with Shiv'ism, but isn't a lot of that the norm for business? I wonder if we would be as critical about Vishnu if Shiv wasn't so Shiv or more like COBB have NO visibility to the community? Look at COBB, they have the same hardware going out to multiple platforms with an $850 spread in price... Honestly, as much as people hate on Shiv, I actually like the guy and give him credit where credit is due.

The platform has come a long way in the past two years and we can thank all the vendors to include a hand full of members throughout the forum for adding value.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Oh... Didn't catch that... haha.. only 20 HP

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by eric84405 Click here to enlarge

If enough people are willing to pay it more power to them. If the peeps dislike the price enough it won't be difficult to adapt the BB open source to it I imagine. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Someone needs to warn the BRZ/FRS community.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    I know a lot of people don't agree with Shiv'ism, but isn't a lot of that the norm for business? I wonder if we would be as critical about Vishnu if Shiv wasn't so Shiv or more like COBB have NO visibility to the community? Look at COBB, they have the same hardware going out to multiple platforms with an $850 spread in price... Honestly, as much as people hate on Shiv, I actually like the guy and give him credit where credit is due.
    Shiv is a brilliant guy in certain ways and I think everyone can agree the N54 forum community would not be anywhere near as entertaining without him.

And to think if he wasn't such a douche to me six years ago I may have never started BMS. And if he wasn't such a douche to Klip et. al. they may have never written the free flash software. Where would we all be without him? Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast