Close

Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Did you finally get a BT cable?
    I've had one for a couple years

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    I've had one for a couple years
    Oh well, convenient! What would you evaluate your cost of flashing to be? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    May I ask a really dumb question?

Simply for curiosity, are there any different tables available between this open source sw, the openflash tablet and Cobb ATR? Do they all tune the same way?
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Unless those were ipa's you drink like a freshman cheerleader.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Sport mode or regular mode. Let's you design one mode to be super pedal happy and the other dampened if that is your thing. But to modify those tables you need to have the safety triggers properly mapped out which Shiv's XDF files don't currently.
    Terry, can you elaborate on this post? I interpreted it as meaning that Shiv had messed with the accelerator pedal mapping without adjusting the related safety features. Does this mean that the maps are somehow not safe wrt weird unanticipated accelerations or something? Thank you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It just means to change the pedal mapping you also need to change other corresponding tables which he has not yet properly defined. Which is why if you copy over Cobb's mapping values it bombs out.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Post delete nazi's are strong today on shivpost.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    not sure if anyones said this already.. but looks like the openflash will be fully compatible for N52 tuning as well

not the hugest deal, but actually kinda cool, as much as i hate to say it.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I bet Vargas doesn't last another month there.
    at first i read that as 'here' and was really confused.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    not sure if anyones said this already.. but looks like the openflash will be fully compatible for N52 tuning as well

Because the N52 uses the MSD80 DME I believe. Should be no different here. This flasher should work with any MSD80/MSD81. Even the Euro N43 I think.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I'll have to try to read out our N52 with OS to see if it works. Same DME so it should. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll have to try to read out our N52 with OS to see if it works. Same DME so it should. Click here to enlarge
    Please try and let us know how it goes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    their reports said that the reading and writing is identical (or close enough).. just table definition is different.. i THINK that's what they found.

but.. since they're working on XDF's.. i can't see it being any more of a headache? haha
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Because the N52 uses the MSD80 DME I believe. Should be no different here. This flasher should work with any MSD80/MSD81. Even the Euro N43 I think.
    really?

realOEM says MSV70 :/

ED:128i uses MSV80

i'm assuming since AA flashes, BMS powerbox etc. work the same on both that it's much of a muchness though?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Great job guys! Can't wait to try this out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm sure this has been asked. I tried searching but couldn't find my answer.

I am going to be running the backend flash with my jb4. My current setup I run e85 1 out of 3-4 tanks. If I load his e85 map am I locked into running e85 mix all the time? Or can I do my normal routine of running it every 3-4 tanks?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Charrigan Click here to enlarge
    I'm sure this has been asked. I tried searching but couldn't find my answer.

I am going to be running the backend flash with my jb4. My current setup I run e85 1 out of 3-4 tanks. If I load his e85 map am I locked into running e85 mix all the time? Or can I do my normal routine of running it every 3-4 tanks?
    Create a new thread for these kinds of questions or ask in the BMS back end flash software thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    their reports said that the reading and writing is identical (or close enough).. just table definition is different.. i THINK that's what they found.

but.. since they're working on XDF's.. i can't see it being any more of a headache? haha
    I have not had a chance to look at it yet. But we have an N52 here. And finding the tables shouldn't be too hard once we can flash them. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have not had a chance to look at it yet. But we have an N52 here. And finding the tables shouldn't be too hard once we can flash them. Click here to enlarge
    nice work ^_^

anything to stop the tablet having any advantage

though it seems they're branching out into other markets - i believe the 86/BRZ/FRS are getting the OFT treatment, and at a higher price point (having to define all the tables themselves this time)

however, sorely needed as the only options are really painful to use flashes and expensive ECUtek options and crap.

(the missus is getting an 86 ordered this weekend probably so i've been reading about what is available in terms of modifications haha)
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice work ^_^

anything to stop the tablet having any advantage

though it seems they're branching out into other markets - i believe the 86/BRZ/FRS are getting the OFT treatment, and at a higher price point (having to define all the tables themselves this time)

however, sorely needed as the only options are really painful to use flashes and expensive ECUtek options and crap.

(the missus is getting an 86 ordered this weekend probably so i've been reading about what is available in terms of modifications haha)
    subaruboost.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    subaruboost.com
    not subieboost.com?

cool i can see it's trying to direct to a website or something! must be getting close?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    not subieboost.com?

cool i can see it's trying to direct to a website or something! must be getting close?
    Getting there man. Doing 6 websites versus almost 40 is a whole new ballgame. It's actually a lot of work and taking a bit of effort. More time consuming than anything else.

subieboost isn't a bad idea but subaruboost.com sounds pretty good

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Getting there man. Doing 6 websites versus almost 40 is a whole new ballgame. It's actually a lot of work and taking a bit of effort. More time consuming than anything else.

subieboost isn't a bad idea but subaruboost.com sounds pretty good
    both sound good, just not sure whether full names or abbreviations is the theme haha... beats scoobyboost.com hahaha

i can imagine it takes a lot of time, hundreds and hundreds of hours.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    both sound good, just not sure whether full names or abbreviations is the theme haha... beats scoobyboost.com hahaha

i can imagine it takes a lot of time, hundreds and hundreds of hours.
    I'd like to finish this week. I just won't go out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd like to finish this week. I just won't go out.
    all work and no play makes sticky something something

will be exciting to see, i hope they get well used more than anything Click here to enlarge
    boop

Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast