Close

Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 476 to 500 of 949
  1. #476
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    7,978
    Rep Points
    8,864.6
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    89


    Reputation: Yes | No
    It's clear Shiv's off the shelf maps are basically a copy of Cobb's maps with a bug or two corrected. The funny part is not two months ago he scolded them for running so much boost and such low advance. lol. But hey, a tiger can't change his stripes right?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  2. #477
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,927
    Rep Points
    2,820.9
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    Had a chance to view the Open Flash Table OTS Stage 0 and 1 maps and thought I'd share some feedback. In short, VANOS and Boost Control (PID) is fully copied from Cobb's OTS maps. Fuel is run at 11.2:1 and timing is VERY aggressive for 91 octane. Everyone on ACN 91 will definitely be correcting heavily on these maps with timing set on the Stage 1 map to be 4-11deg at redline.

    1) VANOS tables are a copy of Cobb's OTS maps.
    2) WGDC Ceiling and Adder tables are the same as Cobb's E30/Race maps! Ouch.
    3) Timing is 4-11deg on 91 octane! ACN 91 or just about anyone with 91 octane out there really, I feel bad, your motors will definitely be correcting heavily across all cylinders on this much boost/timing, no supporting mods and 91 octane Click here to enlarge If you get away with 5deg of timing at redline with this VANOS setup and boost you can consider yourself lucky on ACN 91. Hopefully you add that cylinder 1-6 timing logging soon for your customers. Even 93 octane will have trouble supporting this much without incurring pretty significant timing corrections.
    4) Fuel target is set to target 11.2:1. Meh, but OK, its 91 octane.
    5) Fuel pressure copied from Cobb's OTS maps.

    I am now really confused why some guys on e90Post are jumping and screaming about how much better this is. Especially those that had Cobb before as these are literally copies of Cobb's maps outside of overly aggressive Timing for 91 and rich Fuel targets? Shiv, is that really just you posting under different accounts? LOL

    The people reporting wavy acceleration on these "OTS" maps are feeling it because of the WGDC setup down low that is most likely causing their boost to overshoot target and in turn induce throttle closures. Nothing that some custom tuning can't sort out but to say this is the best thing since sliced bread and go as far as saying thes Open Flash Tablet OTS maps are better than Procede's boost control now that you're selling it, why? Because you're now selling it?

    Open Flash Tablet - Vishnu Stage 0 OTS Map - made for stock car on 91 octane
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...42e12c1c-1.png

    Open Flash Tablet - Vishnu Stage 1 OTS Map - some run it on a stock+DCI cars...is this really what you recommend for just a DCI on 91? I'm honestly just very confused as to why!
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...71386fb8-1.png

    It must feel great to finally be able to do your tuning right. I have to give you that one.

    Cheers
    When i was reviewing his OTS stage 1 vs Cobb OTS Stage 1+ FMIC Agg, his VANOS tables were different. After comparing every table, roughly 60% of Shivs tables are different to some degree, but others are blatantly identical.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  3. #478
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,726
    Rep Points
    2,462.7
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    25


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Step 1: BT Cable speaking to Android 4.2.2 Samsung Galaxy S4

    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

  4. #479
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    902
    Rep Points
    783.4
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Step 1: BT Cable speaking to Android 4.2.2 Samsung Galaxy S4

    Click here to enlarge
    My Motorola Xoom is waiting and I just order a micro OTG adapter. I have another OBDII cable ordered and on its way to play a little with other software of course

    If those of you didn't know I started an Data Logging Tool etc post a while back and will be doing reviews on various options
    Last edited by BuraQ; 07-29-2013 at 07:21 PM.

  5. #480
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Step 1: BT Cable speaking to Android 4.2.2 Samsung Galaxy S4

    Click here to enlarge

    $#@! to the yeah

  6. #481
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,726
    Rep Points
    2,462.7
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    25


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Requires android 3.1+(?), usb OTG cable(I just inserted a strand out of a piece of wire into the mini usb side and shorted pin 4 and 5 together), female to female usb adaptor and a regular smart phone USB cable.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

  7. #482
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    No worries. We've got the most popular F30 tunes out now too. Covering all models, 320, 328, & 335. Also just released a sweet F10 intake. Click here to enlarge

    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...take_sys-1.jpg
    F10 intake huh? I know some people..

  8. #483
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Galaxy S4? sweet, there are so many places this could go. anybody thought about hacking the comm system of the car and being able to shoot information via bluetooth directly from the car to a phone or tablet? And vice versa?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  9. #484
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,104
    Rep Points
    31,294.1
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    anybody thought about hacking the comm system of the car and being able to shoot information via bluetooth directly from the car to a phone or tablet? And vice versa?
    That's way complex but maybe one day.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #485
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,726
    Rep Points
    2,462.7
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    25


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I will give a bit of credit to Bimmerpost, I reported a post by shiv and they deleted it. It was regarding the jab he was making about Terry copying the 6 cylinder logging. I wanted to reply, but I withheld my comments and did what others are doing, report. Not to mention he went out of his way to repost Terry's comment out of context to make him look worse.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

  11. #486
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    663
    Rep Points
    1,728.9
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    I will give a bit of credit to Bimmerpost, I reported a post by shiv and they deleted it. It was regarding the jab he was making about Terry copying the 6 cylinder logging. I wanted to reply, but I withheld my comments and did what others are doing, report. Not to mention he went out of his way to repost Terry's comment out of context to make him look worse.
    Meanwhile, on the other forum...

    Click here to enlarge

  12. #487
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    48
    Rep Points
    65.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I was just about to order some Pho, what happened to the menu?

  13. #488
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Points
    31.1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    hmmm, all open source things are good, but what i think when i see someone that can flash their car for free they are usually "new" users or people who dont know anything regarding maps.

    a guy who know about flashing (or a smart guy) will use kess v2, or cmd flash, or good flashers. not an open source flash.
    a guy who know nothing will use this because its free, he probably will try a lot of maps, and he will want 600 hp and will put the wrong map someday and maybe will blown it in the worst case lol.

    i'm a reverse engineer, i know about assembly and ollydbg and that stuff, would be awesome if we compile all the info related to the ECU in a new subforum, called reverse engineering, like nefmoto on the vw cars. (http://nefariousmotorsports.com/foru...php?board=21.0)

    injecting code we can do nice things like switching maps from the wheel (something like jb4 but all just from the flash file not an external hardware), doing NLS and anti-lag from the ecu itself, etc. its thing that taken years for the med 7.5 from the vw's. so will not be exactly easy for the bmws... Eurotune for the vws and audis does the NLS from the flash all through cable Click here to enlarge

    i will try to help with my little assembly knowledges Click here to enlarge
    Argentina 135i 2010!
    Click here to enlarge
    n54 Engine - JB4 G4 (G5 upgrade soon) - BMS DCI - CP-E DP - CUSTOM EXHAUST - BMS METH KIT - QUAIFE LSD
    Running at 18 psi with 91 octane + NOS boosters

  14. #489
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,284
    Rep Points
    1,522.3
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vicio Click here to enlarge
    hmmm, all open source things are good, but what i think when i see someone that can flash their car for free they are usually "new" users or people who dont know anything regarding maps.

    a guy who know about flashing (or a smart guy) will use kess v2, or cmd flash, or good flashers. not an open source flash.
    a guy who know nothing will use this because its free, he probably will try a lot of maps, and he will want 600 hp and will put the wrong map someday and maybe will blown it in the worst case lol.

    i'm a reverse engineer, i know about assembly and ollydbg and that stuff, would be awesome if we compile all the info related to the ECU in a new subforum, called reverse engineering, like nefmoto on the vw cars. (http://nefariousmotorsports.com/foru...php?board=21.0)

    injecting code we can do nice things like switching maps from the wheel (something like jb4 but all just from the flash file not an external hardware), doing NLS and anti-lag from the ecu itself, etc. its thing that taken years for the med 7.5 from the vw's. so will not be exactly easy for the bmws... Eurotune for the vws and audis does the NLS from the flash all through cable Click here to enlarge

    i will try to help with my little assembly knowledges Click here to enlarge
    I could not disagree with you more.

    What makes you think people who are more knowledgeable about tuning would not use the open source solution? Some very prominent, commercial N54 tuners are ready to embrace the open source solution as their primary means of flashing the DME. I think people confuse "open source" with "questionable reliability". This does not have to be the case. Just ask the admin of a Red Hat server. Open source projects are a product of what the community makes them. If you are unhappy with an open source project, the change it.

    What's stopping a novice from buying a Cobb AP or an Open Flash Tablet and blindly flashing the off the shelf maps? It's no different with the open source project. You will be given the hardware, software, and a set of off the shelf maps, you will hook the car to the computer and press a button, Voila. Of course if you flash a file incompatible with your hardware (i.e. high boost tune with stock downpipes), you could run into trouble, but that could happen with any flash tuning solution. Ultimately, the user is responsible for what they do.

    I do not think the MSD80 or MSD81 will ever be able to have new maps written to them on the fly. The DME uses a bootloader, which must be accessed to flash the DME's memory. It's technically impossible for the DME to run the bootloader and the engine simultaneously. It's like trying to make a phone call while changing ROMs on your phone.

    However, if the actual software was changed and you could press a steering wheel button to tell the DME to use at a different set of maps that had been previously written to memory, that might be possible. This is beyond the scope of the current project though. You are welcome to have a look at the DME bin files yourself if you wish to start disassembling them. I'm sure you could find them; they should be floating around somewhere.

    Also comparing what has been done to the engine computer on an Audi or VW to a BMW has no technical basis. If all these cars used the exact same engine computer, running the same software with the same security, then yes, I could see you point.
    Eppur si muove.

  15. #490
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    I could not disagree with you more.

    What makes you think people who are more knowledgeable about tuning would not use the open source solution? Some very prominent, commercial N54 tuners are ready to embrace the open source solution as their primary means of flashing the DME. I think people confuse "open source" with "questionable reliability". This does not have to be the case. Just ask the admin of a Red Hat server. Open source projects are a product of what the community makes them. If you are unhappy with an open source project, the change it.

    What's stopping a novice from buying a Cobb AP or an Open Flash Tablet and blindly flashing the off the shelf maps? It's no different with the open source project. You will be given the hardware, software, and a set of off the shelf maps, you will hook the car to the computer and press a button, Voila. Of course if you flash a file incompatible with your hardware (i.e. high boost tune with stock downpipes), you could run into trouble, but that could happen with any flash tuning solution. Ultimately, the user is responsible for what they do.

    I do not think the MSD80 or MSD81 will ever be able to have new maps written to them on the fly. The DME uses a bootloader, which must be accessed to flash the DME's memory. It's technically impossible for the DME to run the bootloader and the engine simultaneously. It's like trying to make a phone call while changing ROMs on your phone.

    However, if the actual software was changed and you could press a steering wheel button to tell the DME to use at a different set of maps that had been previously written to memory, that might be possible. This is beyond the scope of the current project though. You are welcome to have a look at the DME bin files yourself if you wish to start disassembling them. I'm sure you could find them; they should be floating around somewhere.

    Also comparing what has been done to the engine computer on an Audi or VW to a BMW has no technical basis. If all these cars used the exact same engine computer, running the same software with the same security, then yes, I could see you point.
    the difference between say Cobb and an opensource solution is accountability. if $#@! hits the fan with Cobb, you get support. with opensource you're basically at the mercy of the community.

    with that said, there is more fear than recklessness in general on this platform, so I dont really foresee a ton of grenaded motors.

  16. #491
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,284
    Rep Points
    1,522.3
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    the difference between say Cobb and an opensource solution is accountability. if $#@! hits the fan with Cobb, you get support. with opensource you're basically at the mercy of the community.

    with that said, there is more fear than recklessness in general on this platform, so I dont really foresee a ton of grenaded motors.
    I do agree with you, but I would say the level of support within this community is pretty good. I am sure the off the shelf maps that are released with the open source flash app will be conservative, just like the Cobb maps. If you play around with editing the maps yourself, you will be responsible for the changes you make, just like in ATR.

    Right now the open source flashing app is largely unproven and I can understand the skepticism that exists surrounding it. All we have is a post from Terry. In time, as people gain confidence in it, it will become more and more accepted. I can't see any reason it will not be the de facto standard in the future.
    Eppur si muove.

  17. #492
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    202
    Rep Points
    84.5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    so, what do you guys think of the tactrix cable?

    http://www.tactrix.com/index.php?opt...d=17&Itemid=53
    Click here to enlarge

  18. #493
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,726
    Rep Points
    2,462.7
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    25


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    so, what do you guys think of the tactrix cable?

    http://www.tactrix.com/index.php?opt...d=17&Itemid=53
    I think it can work. Somebody just has to decide to pony up and buy one if they don't already and do the coding for it.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

  19. #494
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,284
    Rep Points
    1,522.3
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I wonder if someone could talk to Tactrix and get a sample for development. It could open up a new market for their hardware if it can be made to work with the BB flash app. It also appears to do logging in some capacity.
    Eppur si muove.

  20. #495
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    202
    Rep Points
    84.5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    I wonder if someone could talk to Tactrix and get a sample for development. It could open up a new market for their hardware if it can be made to work with the BB flash app. It also appears to do logging in some capacity.
    yeah, sounds like a win/win for everyone if they send out a couple dev samples.


    it has integrated SD card support. i wonder if it could be set up to just plug it on the road with no laptop and do impromptu logging?
    Click here to enlarge

  21. #496
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I already own an Open Port 2.0 cable from back in the day. I'll have to dust it off and hook it up, see if I can communicate once the open source stuff is available... The integrated microSD is indeed intended for logging. To do so you'll have to write and compile for whatever the chip is in the device.

    There are already other solutions out there for logging over bluetooth (look on Amazon for the ELM readers, and there are apps on Google Play for it), but I think just OBD2. No reason you cannot do that for a CAN car.

  22. #497
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    202
    Rep Points
    84.5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    one thing i always wished the jb4 had was the ability to connect a USB drive to the cable and initiate a log via steering wheel commands
    Click here to enlarge

  23. #498
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    25
    Rep Points
    39.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    one thing i always wished the jb4 had was the ability to connect a USB drive to the cable and initiate a log via steering wheel commands
    Or perhaps on future versions of the jb, have flash memory storage onboard (512mb or 1 gig should be plenty) to where you can enable via steering wheel controls to auto log WOT runs. Once you connected to your laptop, you could view/export it.

  24. #499
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,900
    Rep Points
    3,879.1
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I couldn't resist asking the obvious question. I snapped a pic because I am sure it wont last long...

  25. #500
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,104
    Rep Points
    31,294.1
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Would be nice if you could ask those questions. Well, you can, just not there.

    It's ok Tony, a big shift is coming. The Open Source tuning coincides perfectly with a couple other developments. Bimmerpost is about to be hit square in the jaw. I hope it hurts.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •