Close

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bryce Click here to enlarge
    i'm with you for the most part. i do think things get taken out of context and sometimes he can sound rude or arrogant. overall though, the OF tablet is already having a great impact in the N54 world. even if you never buy one. I think COBB just announced they are going to revise all their maps. one could argue they were forced to do this because of the competition heating up. i think that would be a sound analysis of what's happening.
    Where did you hear this Cobb news?
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

1 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by shiv@vishnu is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    So you deny you said for years flash was inferior to piggy back tuning so you could sell procedes and now you sell flash tunes under the guise of "open source" and are preaching flash tunes as superior. A simple yes or no tomorrow would be fine. But we all know you can never answer any question with 1 word.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

4 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Way to use your 1 post to show what a douche you are.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JStang Click here to enlarge
    Where did you hear this Cobb news?
    I think it is hearsay. But it would be nice if they made their OTS tunes more aggressive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Replying to Tony.

Yeah. It seems so. Bash a product or feature and then implement it later on. He did it with the NLS feature, when he had to upgrade the resistors on the PROcede because of fueling issues while denying that the hardware upgrade was necessary, that CPS offsetting was not an issue even though people were misfiring and then it was fixed later, and most recently with flashes not being able to control boost like the PROcede even though the flash tablet OTS seem to be just as smooth, if not, even smoother than the PROcede.

He's very proactive with the flash tablet now, but I'm afraid it's only a short term thing until the point reaches when the flash tablet stops selling and the market is saturated (just like the PROcede).
    Last edited by onesuperboi; 07-19-2013 at 06:23 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    So today I read some of the more colorful posts of this thread to my barista and Starbucks. And I got a free chai latte. Thanks!

Keep it going guys. I'm shooting for a iced frap tomorrow.

Click here to enlarge
    You told your barista that your approval rating is lower than obamas and she gave you a latte. Sounds like something to get your mind off reality.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onesuperboi Click here to enlarge
    CPS offsetting was not an issue even though people were misfiring and then it was fixed later
    What was the real fix?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm wondering what Starbucks is it that has a barista that cares what people are saying on the internet about someone they are making a drink for. If I went there and showed him/her what is written about me online I'd have free Starbucks for life if that were the case.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Starbucks doesn't have barrista's anymore since their superautomatic espresso machines were put in place.

Just monkeys trained to push buttons and take your money.

But lets not get off-topic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So today I read some of the more colorful posts of this thread to my barista and Starbucks. And I got a free chai latte. Thanks!

Keep it going guys. I'm shooting for a iced frap tomorrow.

Click here to enlarge
    You should tell them that COBB is a bigger, better, more successful business than yours will ever be. See how much leverage you can get with that one Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What was the real fix?
    I have no idea, but IIRC it was fixed with a software release. But, there were many misfiring issues back in the day for those that ran the PROcede. This lead to the whole debacle of switching and replacing coils, plugs, and injectors, and basically blaming the hardware and not the tune. You don't here many misfire problems for the past year or so.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have no idea, but IIRC it was fixed with a software release. But, there were many misfiring issues back in the day for those that ran the PROcede. This lead to the whole debacle of switching and replacing coils, plugs, and injectors, and basically blaming the hardware and not the tune. You don't here many misfire problems for the past year or so.
    Yep we all remember the hardware being blamed yet everyone's hardware didn't change...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    CPS related, resolved in V5, cost me a $100 due to devaluation from VIN locking

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Its not the fact that he is doing this. It is the fact that no one E90 remembers, and just listens like he invented something new. Can someone find those posts and copy and paste here. I want to make on post with them on the other site and see what he says.
    Oh no, we remember! It just that when we say something about it on E90, it gets deleted by the cock-sucking moderators who would rather lick Shiv's ass while getting boned by mummies than have some integrity.

P.S.:
    I think its way overdue someone just shuts down vishnutuning.com, rapes their database and backups and send them back to the stone age....
    Last edited by vasillalov; 07-19-2013 at 09:57 PM.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NjRep335i Click here to enlarge
    Just a question, how do you tune without datalogging?
    The same way BMW can sell cars that don't come with dataloggers. You do the calibration correctly the first time around.
    What. The. $#@!.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    What. The. $#@!.
    What, you don't think BMW/Seimens just wrote the firmware for the DME and got all the maps right the first time around? Isn't that how development works? It sounds totally realistic to me. I'm sure they only went through one revision of hardware too.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    You should tell them that COBB is a bigger, better, more successful business than yours will ever be. See how much leverage you can get with that one Click here to enlarge
    Truth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    Anyway the OpenFlash OTS mapping seems to be pretty good, cause Shiv's a better tuner than Cobb... guys at Cobb are more software engineers.
    Two comments on this, bashing COBB as tuners compared to Shiv seems naive, they must have collected 100x Shivs time tuning cars. And that they have actual engineering degrees just means they actually understand the hardware controlling the engine, compared to some self taught out of his garage EVO tuner (with a bad history at that).

I dont understand why a professional company with educated staff is brought up as something less than a single guy pretending to know it all...
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    BULL $#!
    So where are my posts:

post 21725

post 21693

post 21485

Unfortunately I can't really engage in the discussions here as I can only make uneditable post a day.

My previous post was just to point out that people's assumptions of haltech's role are incorrect. I'm not getting into the details except to say that I designed the product independent of Haltech, and any input from Haltech was far less than from Vishnu. Anything heard from Haltech employees who never worked there when any of this happened is just untrue.

Terry, you think it is not copying because it was not vishnu's product. I don't see how that changes anything and it is untrue anyway. You copied your competitors product regardless of the origin of that product. You copied pretty much every feature we added.... After you argued how bad the feature was initially until the market decided they liked it. That sort of thing happens in a competitive market, but don't get all high and mighty now when you think someone else did the same thing.

Tasks forum is a very amusing place.... Especially when people here have a go at other forums. The input from the administrator is the funniest bit!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well I can't read the post except in your reply due to that ridiculous rating censorship system.
    Sorry I like a lot of what I read here but to those not able to read negative posts or amount to the same thing.

BULL $#@!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crypticc Click here to enlarge
    Well I can't read the post except in your reply due to that ridiculous rating censorship system.
    Sorry I like a lot of what I read here but to those not able to read negative posts or amount to the same thing.
    Ahh go to Settings > General Settings > Profanity Filter = Off.
    Easy Peasy Click here to enlarge
    [02/07 E92 335i 6MT] - Under Construction

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks mate but no dice. Off topic and sticky knows so no response needed. Normally I just read and keep quiet as you lot are more knowledgeable than me, but this seemed relevant as the thread is no longer about map comparisons.

Incidentally I think would be great to hear back about that from Torgus bmw335iguy and lulz on what they really think. Are the rave reviews and bashing on both sides hype?

Bryce, Also curious in what you said. Saw Josh post something about fw update before some... East thing. Is that what you mean?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nitehawk Click here to enlarge
    Ahh go to Settings > General Settings > Profanity Filter = Off.
    Easy Peasy Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by crypticc; 07-20-2013 at 06:27 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks mate but no dice. Off topic and sticky knows so no response needed. Normally I just read and keep quiet as you lot are more knowledgeable than me, but this seemed relevant as the thread is no longer about map comparisons.

Incidentally I think would be great to hear back about that from Torgus bmw335iguy and lulz on what they really think. Are the rave reviews and bashing on both sides hype?

Bryce, Also curious in what you said. Saw Josh post something about fw update before some... East thing. Is that what you mean?
    Edit, wrong thread for those last two questions. Found the right one...

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...en-Flash-XDF-s

Edit:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

sorry, i don't really know what you're referencing

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast