Close

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    It probably has a lot more to do with aggressive throttle mapping making you "think" it makes more power than it does. Not saying it's a bad thing(hell, i'm a HUGE fan of Cobb's stock throttle mapping as opposed to the linear mapping) but I HIGHLY doubt this is anything close to smooth as far as drivability goes.
    @lulz_m3 I've thought about giving the stage 1 map a try but I'm sure I would have to remap most/all the WGDC tables to work with my turbos so it wouldn't exactly be a fair comparison.
    You are probably right, especially since Tony was porting the WG's also. FWIW, his map may drive a lot better for cars with the original turbos, mine were replaced a few months back for wastegate rattle, my gates be tight yo!
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

That's the only reason they are holding back on the logging capability. Sell as many as you can, have the noobs post up logless reviews, have more noobs buy it, then once the sales start to die down release the feature. No questions asked, because you can't without data. Perfect marketing strategy from Shiv's POV. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    They need to remap the boost to throttle input to make it workable IMHO. But rarely have I seen any negative posts about it so maybe everyone wants 100% power at 60% throttle input these days? Shrug.
    Well my experience with Cobb is WOT around 65% no matter what mapping I tried. I looked at the hex today and the typical x-axis, y-axis, then values format doesn't apply to the load request table (I think). Anyway I was going to stare at it some more later.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    @rader1, i've been driving around the Shivflash stage 1 for 3-4 days now. I'm beginning to really hate this map. Power is like an on/off switch, tip in spool up was great at first, but over the past two days has began to oscillate VERY badly. I think i may create a linear throttle version (so that it can be uploaded if @Sticky ever finishes that forum sectionClick here to enlarge) and throw my Cobb maps back on.
    It's ready just haven't given you the ability to upload yet.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011