Close

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    plan on taking advantage of the 30 day return? Click here to enlarge
    no, i'll probably keep the "tablet." i like not having to bring my laptop with me in the car to datalog, upload maps, etc.

plus, i can't find my BT cable :S

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    But none of those tunes are aggressive or even come close to 18psi right? Like the cobb OTS maps they are made to be conservative and work on all customer cars in all locations I thought.

It's good logging is coming out for it but you have to admit it's odd none have been posted right? 80 units sold not 1 log? He could log with his procede if he wanted, I mean he had to develop the tune right?

As far as selling 80 units the 1st day that is 32k. So a profit of around 20-25k I expect. I would consider modifying the results if I could make a quick 20 grand.
    i don't know if you saw my post directed at you last week, but even the early cobb maps boosted to 17psi and had throttle occilations, etc. IIRC, cobb revised the maps after a month or so and the max boost at 3.5-4k rpms was lowered to 16 or so

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bryce Click here to enlarge
    no, i'll probably keep the "tablet." i like not having to bring my laptop with me in the car to datalog, upload maps, etc.

plus, i can't find my BT cable :S
    What datalogging?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

i don't know if you saw my post directed at you last week, but even the early cobb maps boosted to 17psi and had throttle occilations, etc. IIRC, cobb revised the maps after a month or so and the max boost at 3.5-4k rpms was lowered to 16 or so
    None of the stage 1 ots Cobb maps made for 91 octane run 18lbs of boost. I've been running the stage 1 drive map and hit a max of 13 lbs. Do the stage 1 aggressive maps hit 17-18psi? Yes but that's for 93 octane.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I mean no one sees the irony that you can buy a Microsoft surface for $349 and have a very cool mini laptop and tablet as well as tool to flash your car with it? Imagine for $50 less you can have something you can use for many many things. we wont even discuss the resolution. How does Shiv plan to trick people into buying this "tablet" again? Oh that's right misinformation and shady business tactics. Forgot who I was talking about for a sec. Honestly this "open flash" ploy is low even for him.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Honestly this "open flash" ploy is low even for him.
    I think it just shows how desperate he has become. How the mighty have fallen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I mean no one sees the irony that you can buy a Microsoft surface for $349 and have a very cool mini laptop and tablet as well as tool to flash your car with it? Imagine for $50 less you can have something you can use for many many things. we wont even discuss the resolution. How does Shiv plan to trick people into buying this "tablet" again? Oh that's right misinformation and shady business tactics. Forgot who I was talking about for a sec. Honestly this "open flash" ploy is low even for him.
    for $350 you can get a brand new full x86 8.1" "tablet" that runs windows 8

do all your coding, run inpa for diagnostics, do your flashing, and browse the forums...

http://www.officedepot.com/a/product...587-_-11272891

Click here to enlarge

vs

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

The options continue

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    for $350 you can get a brand new full x86 8.1" "tablet" that runs windows 8

do all your coding, run inpa for diagnostics, do your flashing, and browse the forums...

http://www.officedepot.com/a/product...587-_-11272891

http://s7d1.scene7.com/is/image/offi...t?$OD%2DLarge$

vs

http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...1&d=1372890013
    But with the ' openflash'tablet you also get the option of dealing with Shiv's charming personality. So there's that...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    None of the stage 1 ots Cobb maps made for 91 octane run 18lbs of boost. I've been running the stage 1 drive map and hit a max of 13 lbs. Do the stage 1 aggressive maps hit 17-18psi? Yes but that's for 93 octane.
    Thanks for saving me the time Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

hell, if you want to penny pinch, the 32gb version of the windows 8 tablet is only $300.

probably $150-200ish on the used market.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

there was an update today that datalogging beta is coming out tomorrow. datalogging should be distributed (via software update) to the public later this week.

regardless, i think you guys are overlooking several flash tunes that have:

a) no datalogging capability
    b) no complaints to the same degree from users
    c) run perfectly fine on cars they're installed on

tunes such as GIAC, DINAN, RENNtech, Eurocharged, Active Autowerke, etc. all come without any datalogging capabilities. people have datalogged with BT cables and the like to some degree.

i plan to datalog my OF tablet maps with a BT cable today or tomorrow. i need to find where i last put my BT cable, but i should be able to post the logs soon.

it might be a moot point, however, if datalogging is released by the end of the week.
    Those other tunes aren't as aggressive as the Shivflash even FBO.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

So in other words, what you are saying is that Shiv's OTS maps shouldn't boost that high.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

until we see some logs showing all cylinders timing we wont know how aggressive the tune is. looking forward to it.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    Correct. People read about boost spiking to 17 psi in a few instances and got some misconceptions.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    Cobb is obligated to provide support for their customers, Shiv isn't. His product is marketed as "open" and "community driven". Once the boat sails, I have a feeling his customers won't hear much from him anymore. Of course he is playing nice guy for now to get sales.

At face value, yes, it's a cheaper cobb (assuming they make good on their promise for data logging). But you have to be a real schmuck to buy into the $#@! Shiv is shoveling. You can have your own reasons for buying it, but it is quite clear that he is marketing this toward fools, not tuners.
    ^^ THIS^^
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Man, pages 3-7 have been a waste of time reading. Just people bashing each other over the interwebs and arguing about which tune is better and Shiv's business practice, while not answering the OP's question.
    I understand that until logging in done, we won't know for sure, but it'd be nice to get a straight answer without people throwing fists at each other...
    2010 335i Coupe- Monaco Blue Metallic

CF performance spoiler // VMR V701 18x8.5 (front) 18x9.5 (rear)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I forget now.......what was the original question? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DCAFS Click here to enlarge
    I forget now.......what was the original question? Click here to enlarge
    Something about boost on some piece of hardware nobody needs or wants. Who knows, it's in the past now and everyone moved on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Until it has Cyl2-6 ignition logging Cobb will remain the superior "hardware based" logging system. And open flash will remain the cheapest at $free. So for somewhere between free and the AP it's sort of hard to see the long term market for this tablet. It's unfortunate Cobb can't just lower their price to say $599 on their obsolete hardware version as I think that would keep demand up for those looking for a simple turbo key flash system.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 07-24-2013 at 12:54 AM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Until it has Cyl2-6 ignition logging Cobb will remain the superior "hardware based" logging system. And open flash will remain the cheapest at $free. So for somewhere between free and the AP it's sort of hard to see the long term market for this tablet. It's unfortunate Cobb can't just lower their price to say $599 on their obsolete hardware version as I think that would keep demand up for those looking for a simple turbo key flash system.
    I don't know of this is possible. But it would be awesome if they just accepted the open flash on the software side, and focused on making their hardware work with it. Drop the price to 399 and dominate the hardware market.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Maybe it's just me, but I'm completely fine paying $600-$650 for a used COBB and having access to their superior support and maps.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge

I haven't seen my timing on cyl 2-6 in months. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I haven't seen my timing on cyl 2-6 in months. Click here to enlarge
    @themyst same here Click here to enlarge
    @Terry@BMS Is it possible to get cyl 2-6 timing with the JB4? If so, I take it would be a TON of programming to get this to work?
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

As soon as they add it to the open tablet I'll be sure to copy it for the JB4. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast