Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I’ve looked over the mapping and there are a couple additional tables, but like stated prob doesn't have much effect (maybe in part throttle). One of the advantages, apart from hardware and open bin, is that Shiv is creating the OTS maps and he is a very good tuner (despite what some may want to believe) and seems to have a better understanding of some of the table effects. Hell, just port over some of the changes to Cobb and try for yourself. Going forward anything that’s done with Cobb/OpenFlash can be ported to the other I would think.

BTW: Enrita the scaler is from the DME, OpenFlash has NOT “added” anything to the DME yet. Cobb did add a 3D scaler and it would be interesting if OpenFlash can take advantage of this… I may inquire.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    Also the usual overpromising and putting other tunes down does not sit well with me considering the castrated maps from cobb were actually ported to this
    yep, not sure why shiv had to crap on COBB. that was a pretty low blow
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If I said you had a little penis, then you told me to $#@! off, and I replied like this, "Chill out brah, u madbro? Don't over react".

The point is, they market like $#@! pushing everyone elses head down, half shady, half truths, then flip the script on anyone objecting and make the people who actually have an open mind to the situation look like whiney cry babies. Then they say, if you don't like the product don't use it. I $#@! in your face, if you don't like it, then don't say anything or go away. That makes total sense doesn't it.

Don't worry though, something better is already being worked on and we have made significant progress.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!
    BSM 340xi M-Sport
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    The whole point is for anyone to be able to poke through all the tables once everything is out in the open and help define things that may not have been defined yet. He never said he had secret hidden tables that would magically make the car perform better.

Here we have a much cheaper flashing solution with some free OTS maps, and people can do what they want with it. why get so angry? Either don't use his maps, make your own, or use a different product. it's literally insane to get so angry. The amount of anger that some of you people appear to have over the dumbest little things is hilarious. just chillll outtttttttt, don't break your keyboard
    I'm genuinely not angry. I just HAD to point that out.

I want to explain why i feel the way i do about this.

Ever since I became apart of this community it has been one episode after the other of shiv making allusions to things his products will be able to do(eventually) and always coming up short and then $#@! talking the competition to compensate.

1: PROcede CPS induced misfires. Certain users were experiencing SEVERE misfires caused by the PROcedes CPS timing system and Shiv blamed it on literally everything under the sun.

2: PROcede fueling: To this very day Shiv will fight tooth and nail to argue the PROcede can fuel your car just fine with no flash needed. How many people on this site ALONE can't go over 15-16psi without meth on 93? Even when people come forward shiv just blows them off.

3: PROcede 2-6 timing correction monitoring: it was not very long after the ST kits were introduced that shiv made the announcement that 2-6 cylinders will not only be log gable but there will be some "very interesting beyond that" that you can do. Still waiting on this one.

4: ST misfires: up until the very day it was let slip on here that the ST were misfiringg shiv maintained the cars were all running 100% fine with no issues. Then, the issue came to light and Shiv jumped damage controlled and did his best to contain the situation. E90 did what E90 does best and forgot about the the cover up and gave shiv a hand job for "coming clean."

5: Shiv's claims that flash tuning is completely incapable of properly tuning the N54: Shiv maintained this very same position up until about a month before their back end flash became available through bench loading. FIf it wasn't boost control it would be timing or AFRs being too rich(he started a thread about each one of these, seriously search E90 post.)

6: Running a flash tune like Cobb will be discovered by your dealer and your warranty will be gone. Again, another shiv thread on E90 based not on fact but hopes of scaring customers from the competition. How many guys running Cobb have been caught by their dealer?

Literally, I thought of all that in 2 minutes. That ^ is what I take issue with. The man uses fear tactics, promises that will never be delivered upon and vague statements that he uses so that people will assume what he wants them to when in reality the result is far less spectacular but "hey, they've already paid so $#@! 'em."

Anyone that doesn't know about tuning or is new to cars he will literally lie, cheat or steal to make a sale to. For every step forward he takes the platform his ethics bring it right back.

I'm 100% in favor of a cheap, open source flashing solution(and that is coming soonClick here to enlarge) and the fact I run Cobb has nothing to do with this.

Okay... Rant over. On a positive note, are you coming to bimmerfest east JP?
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When/where is it? I generally hate car shows
    BSM 340xi M-Sport
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    When/where is it? I generally hate car shows
    http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...fest-East-2013

Believe me, I'm not a fan of car shows. However, last year I was VERY impressed with the quality of the event and the atmosphere. Besides, I enjoy meeting guys from the forums and putting faces to the names and there are A LOT of forum guys that attend.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Since so many people hate Shiv it would be interesting to see maps other tuners (PTF, Terry) can come up with.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Don't worry though, something better is already being worked on and we have made significant progress.
    And that right there is the biggest and best way anyone could ever say F U to shiv and his shenanigans.

I'm sure he already has his defense planned out. He's likely already working on a list containing all the "reasons" why real open source is "dangerous" and "not as good" compared to his product.

I'm surprised it has been kept hush on e90post up until now. I figured a lurker would have spilled the beans.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He has no defense to whats coming.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    yep, not sure why shiv had to crap on COBB. that was a pretty low blow
    Hold on how is he crapping on them if maps from Cobb 'inspired' if that is the case?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    1: PROcede CPS induced misfires. Certain users were experiencing SEVERE misfires caused by the PROcedes CPS timing system and Shiv blamed it on literally everything under the sun.
    Just want to say this was pointed out namely by this site only for it to be dodged or swept under the rug...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mave198 Click here to enlarge
    Since so many people hate Shiv it would be interesting to see maps other tuners (PTF, Terry) can come up with.
    Hate for Shiv and his policies is so strong it is fueling (pun intended) strong competition. He dug his own grave as far as I'm concerned.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    2: PROcede fueling: To this very day Shiv will fight tooth and nail to argue the PROcede can fuel your car just fine with no flash needed. How many people on this site ALONE can't go over 15-16psi without meth on 93? Even when people come forward shiv just blows them off.
    I was in this boat.
    I had to change my LPFP (because it was dead) and add the inline walbro from the DIY @ n54tech.
    I had to change my OL fueling tables directly.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Hold on how is he crapping on them if maps from Cobb 'inspired' if that is the case?
    the post has since then been deleted, along with everyone who quoted it. they're still in the e90post search history, but when you click on them, it leads to nothing.

he was basically saying cobb castrates their maps and limits their tables to screw their customers.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    he was basically saying cobb castrates their maps and limits their tables to screw their customers.
    That's $#@!ed up. He's going too far and he's going to soon find out what he's done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can someone post their bin file? Looks like you need a BIN and the XDF to view the tables.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Can someone post their bin file? Looks like you need a BIN and the XDF to view the tables.
    Well, why don't you just go buy an openflash tablet for 400, when the alient tech part is like 200 or 1 hundred something, and you can automagically rip your own! Or rip off cobbs work, one of the two.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Shiv is GLUED to this thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Here you go: http://roycormier.net/bmw_335i_msd80_I8A0S.bin
    Single Turbo E92 BMW 335i | My YouTube channel
    Click here to enlarge
    If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn....... Then, you have enough horsepower.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol... I tried posting a bin but I didn't have the privs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Roy Cormier Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeThank you sir!
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do we have a IJEOS bin available?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by harry Click here to enlarge
    Do we have a IJEOS bin available?
    Try this: www.n54tech.com/n55_photos/2008_IJE0S_135.bin
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast