Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bryce Click here to enlarge
    Agreed. I think it will be interesting to compare. I hope data logging comes ASAP, but rombinhood has gone quiet about it on e90
    And am I the only one to notice that flat spot in power right around 4500 on his dyno sheets? I am thinking Shiv did something a bit more aggressive with the VANOS changeover at that point. Interesting to say the least.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

have you ever driven a Cobb OTS map? I thought you sold your e90 before Cobb was released.

Ive driven both the Cobb and the openflash maps, and I have to say hands down the OF maps are more aggressive with better boost response. No comparison actually.
    I'm not talking about how agressive how how good the boost response is. Its not hard to make a tune more agressive. Its all the small things in between which are hard to tune for. I've never owned a cobb tune, but I've driven a s2+. Also, if any history of cobb tuning means anything... You see some tunes, they have a few tables modified. Usually done by your DIY person. Then there are some tunes where many many tables are modified. This work is done by a professional TEAM of people, spending lots of time developing that flash tune. The OF ots maps don't have a 3d scalar among who knows what. Point is, cobb has put in more work, everyone else is playing catch up. And with as much as everyone complains about cobb not releasing any updates forever, just goes to show how long everyone has been trying to catch up.

I'll say it again. Shiv may have you believing it, but when it comes down to it, COBB can make their OTS tunes just as aggressive if not more so. Its a matter of whose got what to prove. If I were shiv, I wouldn't come out of the gate with a mediocre OTS map either. There was a lot to prove, and still is. Once its proven, the next question will be, do I want to spend 400 dollars on something I can get and do for much less?
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

So anyone know which limit table needs to be modified to remove P2D58 "DME, Internal Error: target torque monitoring?" I have Shiv's map copied into a Cobb file, but it looks like he is using a toggle to turn this specific diagnostic code off, whereas Cobb raises one of the limit tables to prevent it from occurring.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    So anyone know which limit table needs to be modified to remove P2D58 "DME, Internal Error: target torque monitoring?" I have Shiv's map copied into a Cobb file, but it looks like he is using a toggle to turn this specific diagnostic code off, whereas Cobb raises one of the limit tables to prevent it from occurring.
    What about "Torque monitor ceiling"?
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Have others tried this with the same result?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    What about "Torque monitor ceiling"?
    Doesn't fix it. I may just end up doing the table changes I believe effect drivability/performance the most. Don't really have the time to hunt down these gremlins for a map I will never use.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by harry Click here to enlarge
    Have others tried this with the same result?
    Not that I am aware of.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    I'm not talking about how agressive how how good the boost response is. Its not hard to make a tune more agressive. Its all the small things in between which are hard to tune for. I've never owned a cobb tune, but I've driven a s2+. Also, if any history of cobb tuning means anything... You see some tunes, they have a few tables modified. Usually done by your DIY person. Then there are some tunes where many many tables are modified. This work is done by a professional TEAM of people, spending lots of time developing that flash tune. The OF ots maps don't have a 3d scalar among who knows what. Point is, cobb has put in more work, everyone else is playing catch up. And with as much as everyone complains about cobb not releasing any updates forever, just goes to show how long everyone has been trying to catch up.

I'll say it again. Shiv may have you believing it, but when it comes down to it, COBB can make their OTS tunes just as aggressive if not more so. Its a matter of whose got what to prove. If I were shiv, I wouldn't come out of the gate with a mediocre OTS map either. There was a lot to prove, and still is. Once its proven, the next question will be, do I want to spend 400 dollars on something I can get and do for much less?
    let's refrain from playing the hypothetical game. for the most part, i agree with most of what you posted. i do think it comes a bit odd how much vested interest you have in tuning the n54 when you don't own one nor have had one in so long. i could be wrong, maybe you're planning on picking another one up? either way, i think cobb's next release will be interesting to say the least. i like competion; it fuels further development Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    And am I the only one to notice that flat spot in power right around 4500 on his dyno sheets? I am thinking Shiv did something a bit more aggressive with the VANOS changeover at that point. Interesting to say the least.
    there is definitely more VANOS tuning than OTS cobb maps. i've verified this by just looking at the .bin files

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

let's refrain from playing the hypothetical game. for the most part, i agree with most of what you posted. i do think it comes a bit odd how much vested interest you have in tuning the n54 when you don't own one nor have had one in so long. i could be wrong, maybe you're planning on picking another one up? either way, i think cobb's next release will be interesting to say the least. i like competion; it fuels further development Click here to enlarge
    Why does it matter? Yes, I'm shopping an 09 e93 at. My interest isn't so much the tuning. Its the flashing. Only part about tuning I care about is removing tq and fuel limits, o2 sensors etc.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Hey Terry,

Where can I find out what your flatline fix is? I'd love to try that on my IJEOS 335i.

btw I just joined this site so thats why I have no rep. I cant do anything Click here to enlarge lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MAC335 Click here to enlarge
    Hey Terry,

Where can I find out what your flatline fix is? I'd love to try that on my IJEOS 335i.

btw I just joined this site so thats why I have no rep. I cant do anything Click here to enlarge lol
    Right now the only backend flash map we offer is via the Cobb. I'll probably make one for TunerPro but will take awhile to get to it. They don't have the 3D fuel scalar needed setup yet anyway.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 07-20-2013 at 04:28 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234